GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I won't be able to keep up with this over the weekend. I hope when I can check back in that it has been resolved.

Prayers to those that know and love her.

That could be, however , anyone could have stopped so it would not be personal, IMO

I am a bit confused.
The walmart camera saw her around 7:30 and after that her co workers saw her back at her place of employment? She stated that they should leave the gates unlocked as she had forgotten something and was going back to walmart? But she was not seen a second time on Walmart camera?

BTW Saracen Its so nice to have you :seeya:

And I have seen here that her husband may have spoken to her around 9pm? so where would she have been at that time?

And thank you for your nice comment Dushi:tyou:

I am assuming he talked to her on the phone. She was in Gallman working and he lives in Carrollton according to earlier articles. It is about 2 hrs from Gallman to Carrollton.

You do have me thinking though. In the earlier articles, it said she stayed in a trailer behind the business during the week and went home to Carrollton on the weekends. Why were they working on a Sunday? Is this normal or were they working overtime on this weekend? Had she been to Carrollton for the weekend and just returned?

I am leaning towards someone harming her within or near the business gates.

Praying for her family. She has been missing almost a week.

Where did Breazy go (1st poster). She/he said this was in their "backyard". I am about 3 hrs north and nobody here has heard anything.
I have been wondering about the Sunday work myself. Does she leave on Friday evenings and come back on Sunday evenings? (so she can be the first person there and open the gate). Is this a business that works all week long with a weekend crew? Was working Sunday odd? Was anything missing from the office? From her mobile home?

I also wonder, if the husband spoke to her at 9:00 PM, did she mention Wal-Mart? Or ANYthing she was going to do?

And I have to wonder, why did she have a job 2 hours away from home? Did she need the job desperately? Been with them forever and they moved? Preferred living there to home?

So many questions and no answers.

At least they are still searching for her.

So sorry! After posting this thread, life and work has kept me unable to be here. I am praying for Linda's safe return but it sure doesn't sound good. Here's some newer info that I have found...

A local farmer has since come forward and told authorities he saw a white truck backed up to her mobile home early Monday morning, according to Karen Reed of Grenada, Linda's daughter-in-law.

James Reed talked to his wife around 9 p.m. Sunday and assumed from their conversation that his wife was home for the night. She told him she had been to Walmart in Hazlehurst, and investigators found a receipt from the store in her kitchen.

Her husband, James Reed of Carrollton, is "very upset" and "frantic" about the disappearance of his wife...

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012205040341

Where did Breazy go (1st poster). She/he said this was in their "backyard". I am about 3 hrs north and nobody here has heard anything.

[snipped]

Hey Magnolia Mom! So sorry to leave everyone hanging. I'm about an hour northeast of Gallman in a suburb of Jackson and news of Ms Reed has been on our nightly news and broadcast on area radio stations. Unfortunately this will become less and less if the family is not proactive in keeping her name out there. The investigation has moved to the area of the business/trailer and away from the location of the SUV. I continue to pray that the family finds answers that bring Linda home as not knowing must be torture in itself.

Also wanted to add that I don't get the feeling that the husband was involved. Surely it's been verified that he was home in Carrollton. Phone records would verify the telephone call he had with Linda and his location at that time. The similarities between this and the Vickie Ellington case in Kosciusko is certainly intriguing. Sure makes me wonder if there's any connection. Wonder if LE is looking at that?

Weird thought, but I wonder if the missing lady from Kosciusko's grandson played sports? Because Ms. Reed has a grandson around the same age who plays sports. Could it be that someone saw them watching their grandsons play at various ballparks, and then offered to do something/make something special for the boys? Vickie Ellington left her purse and other belongings at home when she went to meet this person at Walmart. I NEVER leave my purse at home unless I forget! This perp had no need for Ms. Reed's personal belongings, either.

They look SO similar, as well!

Her elderly mother lives in Philadelphia, and Karen Reed said Linda checks on her often.

This would put her very close to the area Vickie Ellington lived as well as the area she went missing. I agree they look similar.

Glad to hear some more info coming out and hope they may get some tips on or video of the white truck. Wonder how early the farmer saw the truck backed up to her trailer and what time employees arrived for work?

This would put her very close to the area Vickie Ellington lived as well as the area she went missing. I agree they look similar.

Glad to hear some more info coming out and hope they may get some tips on or video of the white truck. Wonder how early the farmer saw the truck backed up to her trailer and what time employees arrived for work?/QUOTE]

After reading up on Vickie, I noticed she parked at Walmart and was seen on video walking to McDonald's or Taco Bell. It makes me wonder if Linda was meeting up with someone in the area of Walmart but didn't want to tell anyone so made up the story that she had to go back because she forgot something.

ETA: Sorry, quote button didn't work.

I'm assuming since Mrs. Reed was a bookkeeper, the authorities are seriously investigating those records . Wonder if anyone else had access to the checkbooks and bank accounts. Theft by embezzlement is just one theory that's crossed my mind. If she caught on to it, well..... Or, maybe she was just becoming suspicious and had yet to confirm it and decided to confront or question the person about it.

Only thing, if this were the case, would she not have immediately reported to the owner of the business of her findings or suspicions? Or maybe she felt she needed to confirm it first before doing that.

From America's Most Wanted: Missing Mississippi Woman Leaves Trail of Clues Behind

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=79988

Ok, now I'm confused. This states she was seen leaving Walmart at 9:30 pm, not 7:30 pm. Could it be a misprint?

Linda, who lives on-site in a trailer behind the plant during the work-week, never returned home that evening.

Security footage shows her leaving the Walmart at 9:30 p.m. After that, cops have no idea where she went or what happened to her.

Also of interest:

Inside the Envoy was Reed's purse, credit cards, and the $60 cops say she withdrew from Walmart. But that's not all they found. Inside the SUV, they found a fake tooth from a 'partial' on the seat. However, it didn't appear there was any sign of a struggle.

A short distance from the vehicle, cops found a blanket, Linda's cell phone and her reading glasses. Again, it didn't appear as if she was injured or there was a struggle with any unknown subject.

As a matter of fact, there were no tire tracks beside her own leading into the area, and canines were unable to find the scent of anyone else.

The local sheriff's office, unable to unearth any solid leads, enlisted the FBI's help in the investigation. Federal investigators tell us the CCSO has done everything in their power to bring Linda home -- but there are few clues to go on to speed up that process.

wth has happened to her? this is so bizarre

there were no tire tracks & the canines didn't pick up anyone else's scent - were they in a helicopter??!

Well was the fake tooth from the partial hers? I sure don't think this 65 year old woman went blanket camping under the stars and was abducted by aliens.

If the person that abducted or harmed her was on the scene prior to or during the scent tracking dog(s) as part of the search, would this confuse the dogs?

Well was the fake tooth from the partial hers? I sure don't think this 65 year old woman went blanket camping under the stars and was abducted by aliens.

If the person that abducted or harmed her was on the scene prior to or during the scent tracking dog(s) as part of the search, would this confuse the dogs?

They should be able to identify pretty quickly I would think, if the fake tooth belonged to her from her dental records.

If you mean, how would the dogs know how to detect any other person's scent other than hers, that's my question also. Wouldn't they have to have something to go on? I thought that the dogs had to have a scent provided to them, from something of the person, that provides them with that information, the scent, which then they can use to track / identify / detect a particular person's scent. IDK, but this case is really mind boggling.

They should be able to identify pretty quickly I would think, if the fake tooth belonged to her from her dental records.

If you mean, how would the dogs know how to detect any other person's scent other than hers, that's my question also. Wouldn't they have to have something to go on? I thought that the dogs had to have a scent provided to them, from something of the person, that provides them with that information, the scent, which then they can use to track / identify / detect a particular person's scent. IDK, but this case is really mind boggling.

No what I am saying is if one of the 1st people on the scene when her vehicle was located was also the person that abducted or harmed her, then their scent would be on the scene legitimately. Would this throw the dogs off if the scent they are trying to track was standing right there?

No what I am saying is if one of the 1st people on the scene when her vehicle was located was also the person that abducted or harmed her, then their scent would be on the scene legitimately. Would this throw the dogs off if the scent they are trying to track was standing right there?

Ah, I get your point. Hmmm... so who was the first on the scene, do we know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera
Back