GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like quite a group was there on the first day. How would the dogs know a scent to identify besides Linda Reed? BBM

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120501/NEWS/205010340/Copiah-County-woman-disappears-abduction-suspected?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

Reed's son, Chris Sessums, found her SUV Monday on Pat Harrison Road, near the south Crystal Springs exit off I-55 in Copiah County. The remote area was being considered a crime scene Monday night, according to those on scene.

The sheriff said:
"Someone has abducted this woman, I do believe, and all the other people on the scene believe that too."

The search had grown throughout the day and had included bloodhounds from the Southwest Mississippi Search and Rescue Team, land searches by volunteers from several fire departments, and an air search by the Metro One helicopter.

http://www.wlbt.com/story/17942601/copiah-county-woman-missing

From the video "more than 100 fire fighters and volunteers combed the woods". In the video you can see vehicles lined up and down the road where they are searching (some white trucks too). You can see atv's in the video making tire tracks. You can see people looking in her vehicle. How would the dog rule out all of those people?

I'm assuming since Mrs. Reed was a bookkeeper, the authorities are seriously investigating those records . Wonder if anyone else had access to the checkbooks and bank accounts. Theft by embezzlement is just one theory that's crossed my mind. If she caught on to it, well..... Or, maybe she was just becoming suspicious and had yet to confirm it and decided to confront or question the person about it.

Only thing, if this were the case, would she not have immediately reported to the owner of the business of her findings or suspicions? Or maybe she felt she needed to confirm it first before doing that.

The only thing here is maybe she thought that the owner may or could have been involved?.

Maybe by having the dog sniff driver and passenger seats? to get the scent to follow...

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012205040341

This would put her very close to the area Vickie Ellington lived as well as the area she went missing. I agree they look similar.

Glad to hear some more info coming out and hope they may get some tips on or video of the white truck. Wonder how early the farmer saw the truck backed up to her trailer and what time employees arrived for work?/QUOTE]

After reading up on Vickie, I noticed she parked at Walmart and was seen on video walking to McDonald's or Taco Bell. It makes me wonder if Linda was meeting up with someone in the area of Walmart but didn't want to tell anyone so made up the story that she had to go back because she forgot something.

ETA: Sorry, quote button didn't work.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I believe they only have proof that she was at the Wal Mart that one time. When she talked to the husband, she had already been to Wal Mart and insinuated that she was in for the night. For some reason, she went out again to meet someone and made up the story about forgetting groceries. IMO.

Hmmm... this is new.

Sessums said reports his mother's car was seen on surveillance tapes leaving Moore's Fabrications around 4 a.m. on the morning she disappeared have not panned out. He said it just wasn't clear whether it was his mother.
"You can't see anything on those videos," Sessums said. "I've watched them and watched them, and you can't see anything."
He said he believes the cars on video are people coming and going from Sanderson Farms across the street.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012305070009

Sure hate to even go here but...

You may just be on to something MagnoliaMom regarding the scent dogs and who was initially on the scene. Wonder where son was Sunday night/Monday morning?

I also wonder about evidence in the trailer. I know they found a Wal Mart receipt there but did they find 2? Did they find the things she bought? Had they been put up? If she went to meet someone, there has to be a phone trail of the planning of that. Wonder who she talked to that day besides the husband?

I also wonder about evidence in the trailer. I know they found a Wal Mart receipt there but did they find 2? Did they find the things she bought? Had they been put up? If she went to meet someone, there has to be a phone trail of the planning of that. Wonder who she talked to that day besides the husband?

IMO she did not return to Walmart a second time
I don't think she was seen on video twice

Question

The above says that they can't tell whose vehicle was seen on video at four AM

Is there video of her coming and going earlier?

And according to the AMW article, her cell phone and reading glasses were found outside the vehicle on the ground with a blanket. Was she sitting on a blanket while waiting on someone there while talking to someone on her cell phone? Of course phone records would show that. And since there's no evidence of any other vehicle being there, as in tire tracks, etc., how did she disappear? The dogs lost her scent so it wasn't by foot away from that area.... omg, I'm not sure if this case makes me more confused or more crazy, I think both. :pullhair:

Question

The above says that they can't tell whose vehicle was seen on video at four AM

Is there video of her coming and going earlier?

As far as I know there hasn't been any report of that, but this is the first I've heard of surveillance videos at the place of business.

Did I read that her son found her vehicle?
Just trying to get up to speed

And according to the AMW article, her cell phone and reading glasses were found outside the vehicle on the ground with a blanket. Was she sitting on a blanket while waiting on someone there while talking to someone on her cell phone? Of course phone records would show that. And since there's no evidence of any other vehicle being there, as in tire tracks, etc., how did she disappear? The dogs lost her scent so it wasn't by foot away from that area.... omg, I'm not sure if this case makes me more confused or more crazy, I think both. :pullhair:

Sure sounds like she was waiting for someone

IMO she probably wasn't in the car when it was parked in that remote area. I can only think it was staged a bit to look like she was there and then the person who drove the car there must have walked back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67
Back