GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I looked at the bio of the reporter who wrote that she was found. He seems to be a local guy. By that, I mean that he's from that area. He also seems to be a solid reporter. I didn't get the impression that he's going to toss out fabrications. He must have a source he deems reliable.

It seemed clear that this whole case was about love and/or money. It hasn't been clear, though, whether she fled for love and/or money or was a victim because of love and/or money.

I don't think so Dion. I am on my phone, so this link may not work: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...20652&p=10&refid=52&_ft_=fbid.358773850853648. Go to WLBT's facebook page and look at the comments under Linda Gale Reed Found Alive story. Her daughter in law is Trina Sessums and her daughter is Cindy Grey. I truly do not believe they or their families were involved as the source.

I used to be in the kidnapping camp, but have moved to the voluntary disappearance camp. She may not be in Mexico.....the Sheriff did say a week or so ago that he thought she was still local, so I guess we will see what shakes out.

Thanks Nancy. I had I had read about her DiL being very upset on learning that it was being reported that Linda was alive and in Mexico, when LR’s family had not been told anything either from LE or the media.

Then came all the confusion about how reliable the “source” was, as there was no verification forthcoming from official sources.

Surely this would not have been broadcast in the first place, if the source was just some random person, so I thought it may have been someone she worked with or possibly a private investigator or something.

So I went to WLBT to see if there was an update, and saw that the source was now listed as “Family”. Hmm, what to think now? I figured maybe there was some dissent in the family, with one family member contacting the media without notifying others. But I don’t know – it’s probably just miscommunication all around, but makes you wonder how this rumour got started. LE seem to think she is alive, so there must be something they know that we don’t - did she call someone without revealing her whereabouts?

I feel so bad for her family, I hope that if she is alive, she is on the internet reading about how much grief she has caused to those close to her.

I don't understand why law enforcement wouldn't confirm whether she is alive or dead within 24 hours of the story breaking. What reason could they have to withhold that information?

BTW, if they had video of her leaving voluntarily at a known time that would put LE's tactics at an all time low for me. The resources used here could have been spent elsewhere if that were the case.

I don't understand why law enforcement wouldn't confirm whether she is alive or dead within 24 hours of the story breaking. What reason could they have to withhold that information?

BTW, if they had video of her leaving voluntarily at a known time that would put LE's tactics at an all time low for me. The resources used here could have been spent elsewhere if that were the case.

The more I think about it, the more it actually makes sense. LE was only involved the initial search. The family and friends were so upset that they were not searching. THEY were the ones who were organizing search parties and got Texas EquuSearch to come in. It appeared to the community as If the sheriff's department had just written off the investigation. Quite possibly because they had seen the video of her leaving so they knew she left voluntarily. Maybe that really was true then was pulled. It's already been admitted than Shannon Moore did not have law enforcement permission to release the info regarding the embezzlement info, Harold Jones did confirm, but they have since put a lid on any further info being leaked. Why would LE be transparent about what info they do know and let Linda Reed know they know so much info on her and jst how close they are to catching her? The searching that was going on wasn't wasting county resources because they weren't involved. It would have looked stramge if they forbid them to do it. How could they tell the family why they weren't involved when they aren't sure if any of the family members are involved?

For all we know, WLBT's "source" may be a legitimate LE source. And LE is actually using this story to make LR feel secure in thinking that LE beleves she is out of the country.

This is really unbelievable!

I do not understand why local LE would not just say she has been located or she has not been located

At one time, I think on AMW's site, it said that there was video of her leaving her trailer in seperate vehicles with a man @ 4 am. That was gone a few hours later. I have always wondered if it was just a rumor that got posted or if it was taken down at the request of law enforcement. I was not the only one who saw it either-everyone here just devours every morsel regarding the case and I have a bunch of friends who also read the same info.

*If* that was true and he picked her up when she left her car, I would be willng to bet that is her "new love"

There are so many *IFs* with this case though.

Nancy Drew--you must be from MS also! I live in Hattiesburg..I also noticed that marion is from MS..maybe Columbia??

The more I think about it, the more it actually makes sense. LE was only involved the initial search. The family and friends were so upset that they were not searching. THEY were the ones who were organizing search parties and got Texas EquuSearch to come in. It appeared to the community as If the sheriff's department had just written off the investigation. Quite possibly because they had seen the video of her leaving so they knew she left voluntarily. Maybe that really was true then was pulled. It's already been admitted than Shannon Moore did not have law enforcement permission to release the info regarding the embezzlement info, Harold Jones did confirm, but they have since put a lid on any further info being leaked. Why would LE be transparent about what info they do know and let Linda Reed know they know so much info on her and jst how close they are to catching her? The searching that was going on wasn't wasting county resources because they weren't involved. It would have looked stramge if they forbid them to do it. How could they tell the family why they weren't involved when they aren't sure if any of the family members are involved?

For all we know, WLBT's "source" may be a legitimate LE source. And LE is actually using this story to make LR feel secure in thinking that LE beleves she is out of the country.

I would get that if the report said "seen" in Mexico, but to report "arrested" is quite different, particularly if her family is unaware.

Must be so difficult for them

I would get that if the report said "seen" in Mexico, but to report "arrested" is quite different, particularly if her family is unaware.

Must be so difficult for them

All of their reports stated she was found alive. They stated that THEY (meaning WLBT) asked the FBI if it was true that she had been arrested in Acapulco Mexico with a large sum of cash. Which aLways seemed like a strange question because they never mentioned their source saying anything of the sort. Then, last night they added the blurb that they consulate official sent them the emal that there was no Linda Reed listed in any Mexican prison.

Why would LE be transparent about what info they do know and let Linda Reed know they know so much info on her and jst how close they are to catching her? The searching that was going on wasn't wasting county resources because they weren't involved. It would have looked stramge if they forbid them to do it. How could they tell the family why they weren't involved when they aren't sure if any of the family members are involved? ...

I agree with not telling the immediate family right away, but they should definitely have tipped off Texas EquuSearch, which is an amazing resource that could affect many investigations in a number of states. Then with the large community involvement you would have to balance the community strife and involvement vs the potential search for a single embezzler and a few potential cohorts.

I know that (if she embezzled) you would likely catch up to her and what is left of the money. You might miss out on one or two potential co-conspirators, but that is small change.

Of course this is all based on a bunch of big IF's that she is alive, was embezzling and disappeared, and that LE knew about it or suppressed evidence.

And it still would not make any sense to not confirm that she is alive if they know about it with the rumors coming out.

All IMO, and I do respect your opinion on it as well. :peace:

If they have arrested her, maybe they are not releasing that information because there are others involved. Maybe they do not want anyone to flee or destroy evidence back in Crystal Springs. Perhaps a portion of her money did not come from the business. Perhaps someone assisted her in fleeing. Perhaps she was found with someone other than money. Perhaps she was with someone who may have fled after committing another crime. There are legitimate reasons that the authorities would not release information. But it does make one wonder who notified the media and how that person knows something when nobody else knows anything.

I did just read on facebook where her daughter in law clarified the source:family posting on wlbt's site. When she contacted the station she was told that was in regards to the photo of Linda that they have published on the page with the story. That photo was provided by the family at the very beginning of this whole ordeal.

So there is still no verification from local LE that she has been located and arrested?

I did just read on facebook where her daughter in law clarified the source:family posting on wlbt's site. When she contacted the station she was told that was in regards to the photo of Linda that they have published on the page with the story. That photo was provided by the family at the very beginning of this whole ordeal.

That's funny, I was the one that put on that WLBT facebook page about it showing the source was the family. They had not seen it before on that video. (I had not either until someone here mentioned it.) The daughter told me that none of the family had told WLBT anything so she didn't know why it was on there. I don't blame them for calling about it since they had no idea if she had been caught or not!! The family is very very upset at WLBT.

I don't think so Dion. I am on my phone, so this link may not work: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...20652&p=10&refid=52&_ft_=fbid.358773850853648. Go to WLBT's facebook page and look at the comments under Linda Gale Reed Found Alive story. Her daughter in law is Trina Sessums and her daughter is Cindy Grey. I truly do not believe they or their families were involved as the source.

I used to be in the kidnapping camp, but have moved to the voluntary disappearance camp. She may not be in Mexico.....the Sheriff did say a week or so ago that he thought she was still local, so I guess we will see what shakes out.

Thats where I am, and if i was in her position whereby i could 'getaway' , after commiting a crime,i would have chosen a country that does not have an extridition treaty with the USA, I am sure that she could not have been arrested, who would arrest her? the Mexican police? for commiting a crime in the USA?, if she was found who found her, the FBI working undercover in another country?. the mind boggles...:waitasec:

Wow!!! Someone's butt's gonna roll for that gaffaw!!!! They are back peddling now. I thought at first the FBI and local LE wouldn't/couldn't say because maybe Linda was using another identity and they were waiting on confirmation of some sort. Now tho...:what: & :notgood:

I am still in the camp of involuntary disappearance and am praying she is still alive.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back