GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just wanted to say, NOTHING, that I know of is being done around here. I spoke with someone a few weeks ago who was on the search teams. As far as I know, FAMILY is still searching for Linda Reed. It's my understanding that she had a good bit of money in her checking account when she disappeared, and that her checking hasn't been messed with since her disappearance.

Just wanted to say, NOTHING, that I know of is being done around here. I spoke with someone a few weeks ago who was on the search teams. As far as I know, FAMILY is still searching for Linda Reed. It's my understanding that she had a good bit of money in her checking account when she disappeared, and that her checking hasn't been messed with since her disappearance.

I don't think I would skip town to start a new life somewhere and leave a substantial amount of money in my bank account. At least that's what I tell myself, that I would have withdrawn most or all of the money, maybe a little at a time over a few weeks, if planned out, or even at the last minute if necessary.

Then again, if I wanted to make it appear as though I was a victim of foul play, Idk. Also, it depends on what a "good bit of money" is. That would be different for everyone according to one's economic status. $500.00 may be a lot of money to some and just pennies to someone else.

Such a mystery what happened to Mrs. Reed, I do have a difficult time believing she would voluntarily disappear and put her family through this. I really feel badly for them.

I also have to say that I don't understand why absolutely no new information has been released on the investigation. Surely they would have completed the financial end of it by now so they should know if and how much money was "missing", if that is in fact the case. Questions in my mind also re: the Moore family.

I don't think I would skip town to start a new life somewhere and leave a substantial amount of money in my bank account. At least that's what I tell myself, that I would have withdrawn most or all of the money, maybe a little at a time over a few weeks, if planned out, or even at the last minute if necessary.

Then again, if I wanted to make it appear as though I was a victim of foul play, Idk. Also, it depends on what a "good bit of money" is. That would be different for everyone according to one's economic status. $500.00 may be a lot of money to some and just pennies to someone else.

Such a mystery what happened to Mrs. Reed, I do have a difficult time believing she would voluntarily disappear and put her family through this. I really feel badly for them.

I also have to say that I don't understand why absolutely no new information has been released on the investigation. Surely they would have completed the financial end of it by now so they should know if and how much money was "missing", if that is in fact the case. Questions in my mind also re: the Moore family.

Agree with you!

At Linda's age (near retirement) even in good health MOST people don't want to work past 75 or so and fear being unable to work and needing money. It is one thing if there was a lot of money squirreled away in some secret account OR if Linda is young enough to start new.
But, even though we don't know the amount of money missing, I would find it unlikely it is enough to provide a comfortable retirement. I know people who retire with 200,000 but those are people who have a modest pension and who are living in a paid off house and in a cheap area. The experts says you need $1 million. Lets split the difference and say $600,000. (let's not forget that she left her family here). Wouldn't other people in the company notice that kind of money missing before this point?

I am worried that nothing is happening on this case.

Also, after a certain amount of money missing, doesn't the FBI get involved?

Agree with you!

At Linda's age (near retirement) even in good health MOST people don't want to work past 75 or so and fear being unable to work and needing money. It is one thing if there was a lot of money squirreled away in some secret account OR if Linda is young enough to start new.
But, even though we don't know the amount of money missing, I would find it unlikely it is enough to provide a comfortable retirement. I know people who retire with 200,000 but those are people who have a modest pension and who are living in a paid off house and in a cheap area. The experts says you need $1 million. Lets split the difference and say $600,000. (let's not forget that she left her family here). Wouldn't other people in the company notice that kind of money missing before this point?

I am worried that nothing is happening on this case.

Also, after a certain amount of money missing, doesn't the FBI get involved?

ITA. It takes a considerable sum of money, and you are right, $1 million is the standard amount in order to retire fairly comfortably in this day and age. Maybe somewhat less in Mexico, but not that much, just a slightly higher standard of living for the dollar from what I've read, jmo.

I am also worried, and still have considerable questions about the Moore family or perhaps others connected with the business. Too many questions, not enough answers. I really wonder why the family and business owners haven't pressed for more press coverage if they are truly concerned and trying to find her.
Just raises some red flags to me. Either something fishy about the Moore's or could Mrs. Reed's family be having questions as well ? I just don't know.

Well, I want to have hope that LE/FBI is just keeping quiet and have more info than we are allowed and it will be resolved....after the arrest in the Shunick case; but it's been way longer in Mrs. Reed's case since any "credible" info has come out. At least they could say whether the case is still an active investigation or not. Bang head.....

Bumping for Linda!!

Anyone local heard ANYTHING?

Can you imagine what the family must be going through? I would be so upset, and would probably get locked up myself if I saw that nobody was doing anything to find my loved one. It's just very very odd to me. Nobody from home is even considering that she's "run off"....and when that came out about Mexico, well...nobody could believe it. Of course that didn't stop the rumors from spreading like wildfire......it's just very frustrating!

Can you imagine what the family must be going through? I would be so upset, and would probably get locked up myself if I saw that nobody was doing anything to find my loved one. It's just very very odd to me. Nobody from home is even considering that she's "run off"....and when that came out about Mexico, well...nobody could believe it. Of course that didn't stop the rumors from spreading like wildfire......it's just very frustrating!

It must be agonizing for them.
Not knowing what has happened to her has to be Hell on earth for this family

For me, even if the truth was something I wasn't going to like, I would rather know than live with the unknown. ( not suggesting Linda did anything wrong, I certainly don't know that)

JMO

Also, why would the FBI take her off the missing persons list? Or was she ever on it?

Also, why would the FBI take her off the missing persons list? Or was she ever on it?

I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that Mrs. Reed was never on the FBI's missing person's list.

That's a good question. You'd think she would be especially since the FBI is supposedly involved in the case. It's just really weird!

Bump. Still thinking about you Linda.

LOL, no need to be sorry. My question is does anyone have any idea why she's not on the FBI missing persons list? TIA

IDK, but it seems like most of the lists out there are fairly inconsistent with adding people. Sometimes it is right away, other times it is weeks or months later with no discernable reason.

Still checking in for you too Linda!!! Anyone local to immediate area still here? Heard anything at all??? My relatives in Crystal Springs haven't heard a word but don't know any of the parties personally. It breaks my heart how fast this case has gone cold. I pray for resolution for her family!!!!

Why nothing in the press from her friends and family? No searches, no posters etc....?

I was so hoping for news when I saw this bumped to the top.

Bumping.

Once again I am amazed that people can just disappear (willingly or unwillingly).

And it does seem that LE has let Linda's disappearance fall through the cracks, imo. Why nothing from them in so long?

Then again, this seems to be the case in many other missing persons cases as well, including Sky Metalwala and Robyn Gardner. In both cases LE seems to have completely fallen off the charts. In these and many other cases as well, I'm not sure if it's a sign of apathy, a sign of incompetency, or even worse, a sign of both. :(

On the other hand, if I'm mistaken and LE is actually working Linda's case, they are making no attempt to answer to the public, and according to facebook the last time I checked, not even Linda's family.

It's very frustrating to me that so often LE seems to completely forget that they are more than law enforcement officers, they are also Public Servants. Maybe they should be required to come forth with updates every 2 - 3 months or so. How else can they be held accountable? And as any public servant, shouldn't they be?

I realize that I'm just frustrated beyond belief and maybe I'm not thinking straight, maybe I'm on the wrong road here. Thus I'm more than willing to listen to anyone who has a difference of opinion if anyone chooses to try to set me straight. Truthfully, however I just find it :maddening: .

Bumping.

Once again I am amazed that people can just disappear (willingly or unwillingly).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06
Back