GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would participate in sending an e-mail to the local LE as neesaki suggests. I'm from outside the country so maybe it would not help, then again maybe it would.

My participation would be on the basis that I don't think LE anywhere has the right to turn down help offered and needed to obtain answers for a family they in essence work for. Refusing to do all that can be done gives the appearance of impropriety and therefore lacks the ring of truth and freedom to me.

Why wouldn't LE give their blessing for the help that was offered? This is beyond craziness. Even though I don't know Linda or her family they all deserve answers and for what has happened with her to be found out.
Praying for your family, helpfindlinda

Does TES need the approval of local LE or just the family for getting involved? LE KNOWS of the case, so it's legit. The PI is an excellent idea, but I can't understand why the local LE didn't bring in the State Police for their extra resources? ie: finger printing, forensics and polygraphs. Wish they could get someone like NG or JVM to take up the case and ask LE just what is going on....or like Heineken Man said, get a good investigative journalist involved; but at this point, I'm sure they would be met with a shut down like "We can't discuss the case" or just refuse to talk to any kind of media. It just seems to me they do not want to pursue it----for some reason. If what helpfindlinda says is true, I would be screaming from the rooftops....and have a lawyer request their files on Linda's case to see what the hey they have or have not been up to. JMO

Texas Equui Search came in to help search at the families request not LE. LE blocked all attempts the family made to get help. Such as the red cross, national guard and even the CS Volunteer Fire Department ( which Linda's son has been a member of for close to ten years) a slap in the face! LE only allowed them to search the very first day she was missing.

A PI would be wonderful but costly but we haven't ruled that out.

We have spoken to two different lawyers but are waiting to hear back.
We have a family friend who has offered to fingerprint the car and mobile home but he has to do it unofficially and in his free time.

I could swear that I posted on this before I left the house this morning, but my post is gone. Did anyone see my post? If so, what happened to it?

The injustice from day one in this investigation has bothered me. I want Linda and her family to have peace. I agree with Heine.....man. I will be more than happy to tell the MBI what I think and put the pressure on them to get some answers for the family.

This investigation has been ridiculous from the moment it started. It's time that Linda and her family get some answers!

I think it was mentioned upthread, but I wonder if the family and friends can gather/raise some money for a PI? Because right now, I am not seeing a lot of options unless you can convince the state police to get involved.

I see it, it is number 600. And a very fine post it is!

Thanks. I thought I had lost my mind. I wrote that while I was a little groggy and might not have done a great job of making my main point.

To reiterate, I have followed lots of cases around here, and the cases always go cold when the media stops covering them. So anything the family can do to get something reported is a huge benefit and will go a long way toward finding out what happened to Linda. I know that some of the media folks can be aggravating. But they are such a valuable source. When they make a big blunder, use that as leverage to get even more coverage.

Personally, I think something is hinky with the LE response on this one. It's sounding like they don't want anyone to investigate this case. That makes me really suspicious.

I wonder how much searching has taken place. It sounds like there's a real need for more searching. One day of searching around the general area where the car was found is not enough. It's possible that they overlooked a spot. It needs to be searched again, and they also need to think about expanding the search area and asking for permission to search on some of the private property in that area.

We were told by FBI that MBI(Mississippi Bureau of Investigations) fingerprinted the outside of the vehicle. That's it. None seem interested in pointing fingers. I have PAGES of notes of things we felt should have been done that weren't, things that we did that we felt LE should have done. The list goes on. We begged from dayteo to get the FBI involved. Took over a month to even get to speak to FBI and that was only after a very heated loud phone conversation with LE. We were told that you can't sue LE for stupidity ( for lack of a better word). We would have to prove they had deliberately covered up something. We were also told the media including news could report/print anything. Freedom of speech, also can't sue for defamation of Linda's character since she s missing, she would have to sue herself unless we find her body then we as her power of attorney could sue on her behalf.

As far as speculation, I can not comment ( we fear the worst) as we have been threatened already of lawsuit, when we haven't said anything. We know what we think may have happened and have shared that with LE but they don't seem to care what we think. As of today we still have not even been interviewed by LE. I have even pointed that out to them and asked why we haven't...

How much has the FBI been involved? Have they taken over any part of the investigation? I am suspicious of the Moore family business. If not them directly, they could have gotten involved with the wrong people and Linda may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Family, community and Texas Equui Search searched for close to four weeks. Copiah County is the third largest county in the state. Two thirds of it is wooded. If we new where else to look Texas Equui Search would come back. We also know that if someone harmed her at 9:00-ish, they possibly had all night to take her body somewhere. Out of the county and possibly out of the state.

I feel so bad for the family! @helpfindlinda - We in the Carroll County Community are praying for her safe return and WILL NOT stop! Anything any of us could do - we'd be glad to do it!

for Hieneken: Both FBI and Sherriff's department still say there is no missing money.

If both of these agencies have come to this conclusion, then they owe it to the family and to Linda to come out and inform the public; Moore's also owe Linda and her family a public apology, imo, as IIRC, they are the one's who publicly pointed the finger at Linda. Even the Sheriff had stated they were not authorized to make such an allegation or statement. Shame on all of them for continuing to let this go on and not clearing Linda's name. Even worse, this is what influenced the community to stop searching for her. This is an absolute outrage, IMO. :maddening:

Another thing that is really gnawing at me, is why were the Moore's so quick to raise the question of missing money and so quick to implicate Linda? And where did that false report that Linda was seen alive in Mexico come from? Did that come from the Moore family as well? There is just something very suspicious about all of this.

I know this is all just speculation, but I have to wonder if anyone in the Moore family is being investigated behind the scenes. Does anyone know if any of the Moore's have a prior criminal history?
Also, could Linda have happened upon some information or activity that she wasn't supposed to see or hear? Drug dealing, illegal gambling, burglary of the property, could be any number of things. :(

If both of these agencies have come to this conclusion, then they owe it to the family and to Linda to come out and inform the public; Moore's also owe Linda and her family a public apology, imo, as IIRC, they are the one's who publicly pointed the finger at Linda. Even the Sheriff had stated they were not authorized to make such an allegation or statement. Shame on all of them for continuing to let this go on and not clearing Linda's name. Even worse, this is what influenced the community to stop searching for her. This is an absolute outrage, IMO. :maddening:

This is exactly what I said earlier on. The Moores implicated her as a possible thief. If that's not true, the public should know that. It would change the help that this family is receiving and would squash some of the rumors.

@HelpFindLinda - I am so sorry that your family is going through this. It's bad enough that your loved one is missing but then to have to deal with LE, that is obviously not being proactive in the search for her, is just infuriating. Sadly, it's now left up to her family to make sure answers are found. I suggest you contact Fox 40 to do a follow-up story, reinterating that no money is missing and she was not found in Mexico. You must be proactive by speaking loudly and often, and keeping Linda's name in the news. I will continue praying for your family.

Family, community and Texas Equui Search searched for close to four weeks. Copiah County is the third largest county in the state. Two thirds of it is wooded. If we new where else to look Texas Equui Search would come back. We also know that if someone harmed her at 9:00-ish, they possibly had all night to take her body somewhere. Out of the county and possibly out of the state.
Have owners or co-workers of Linda's employer, Moore Fabrication, reached out to the family and offered any type of support?

helpfindlinda

My heart breaks when I think of what you all must be going through.
Thank you for coming in and sharing what you can with us and correcting false information
Keep the strength

helpfindlinda said that they(the family) have been threatened with lawsuits if they imply that someone may be involved if IIRC. I am assuming it is this business and family. Is that what you all are assuming?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulani03
Back