MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the guns, I was thinking how hard that would be to avoid. Of course, you can't have them in your home, but would that limit you from being anywhere there was a gun? I don't know the law on that.

Could you visit a relative or a neighbor? (Assuming not.)

I wondered that when I was at the park earlier in the week and my child pointed out that a man was jogging beside us in workout clothes with a gun in a holster.

It never ceases to amaze me that people don't realize not everyone can afford a $50-80 a month cell phone bill. We know the poster photo of Myra was not made with an activated cell phone.

Same with internet. Not everybody owns a computer or can afford an internet bill.

Not every child has a cell phone: note to TEACHERS who send assignments and test dates via text, then on test day say "I sent the text!" Please! (This makes me really mad.)

I guess the media proves differently but it would not have surprised me if there was no cell service where they live. Lot of dead spots in rural areas.

Unless they went to the library often, or borrowed a family member's or friend's internet frequently...they had a connection. Unless those facebook pages are fake...

In one of the Pressers after Mom was arrested Sheriff Tucker said that she was not carrying a gun. He stated that "There are numerous guns in the house because her Husband is a hunter". Now I have never been a convicted felon, never even been arrested..but when one is convicted of a felony I would think that their lawyer would make it pretty darn clear that there are to be NO guns in your home. If it were me I would have ordered Hublet to make them disappear.

Her charge is carrying a concealed weapon. Do you have a link where Tucker said that. I don't remember reading that the guns were her husbands?

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/2492...s-answered-some-remain-in-missing-childs-case

Unless they went to the library often, or borrowed a family member's or friend's internet frequently...they had a connection. Unless those facebook pages are fake...

A ton of people FB from work. They shouldn't, but they do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

It never ceases to amaze me that people don't realize not everyone can afford a $50-80 a month cell phone bill. We know the poster photo of Myra was not made with an activated cell phone.

Same with internet. Not everybody owns a computer or can afford an internet bill.

Not every child has a cell phone: note to TEACHERS who send assignments and test dates via text, then on test day say "I sent the text!" Please! (This makes me really mad.)

I guess the media proves differently but it would not have surprised me if there was no cell service where they live. Lot of dead spots in rural areas.

How do you know the poster phot was not made with an activated cell phone? I don't know that. What I do know is the pictures were most likely taken on a phone.

I do not know a single person over 18 without a cell phone. They clearly were able to use a phone nearby because they were able to call the police. I have no doubt she has a phone because she is a mom with young children having to drive very far to shop. So, I have been told.

How do you know the poster phot was not made with an activated cell phone? I don't know that. What I do know is the pictures were most likely taken on a phone.

I do not know a single person over 18 without a cell phone. They clearly were able to use a phone nearby because they were able to call the police. I have no doubt she has a phone because she is a mom with young children having to drive very far to shop. So, I have been told.

Meeeee I don't have a cell phone. I use our house phone for calls unless I go out at night...which is seldom...then I use my husbands.
:seeya:

https://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140310/NEWS/303100029/

Snipped:
"Ericka Lewis, who last saw her daughter Myra on Saturday, March 1 as she was leaving for the store, was picked up Friday on a probation violation when police found weapons in the home she shares with her husband Gregory Lewis. Ericka Lewis has a felony welfare fraud charge on her record, and as such, she is not allowed to own firearms.
"“The guns were in the residence in plain view. Part of an agreement when you plead guilty to a charge is that you cannot have a firearm or have knowledge of their whereabouts in your presence and we feel like she did at that time,” Tucker said."
More at Link above..

Snipped:
"Ericka Lewis, who last saw her daughter Myra on Saturday, March 1 as she was leaving for the store, was picked up Friday on a probation violation when police found weapons in the home she shares with her husband Gregory Lewis. Ericka Lewis has a felony welfare fraud charge on her record, and as such, she is not allowed to own firearms.
"“The guns were in the residence in plain view. Part of an agreement when you plead guilty to a charge is that you cannot have a firearm or have knowledge of their whereabouts in your presence and we feel like she did at that time,” Tucker said."
More at Link above..

I don't see in the link where Tucker says the guns were her husbands or anything to do with hunting. Am I just missing it?

Meeeee I don't have a cell phone. I use our house phone for calls unless I go out at night...which is seldom...then I use my husbands.
:seeya:

I think that is great. If I didn't lead the life I did, I wouldn't have one. I need one because I am never home and for a few other personal reasons. I think it's pretty rare for people not to have one and to assume someone doesn't, is not normal. Not saying you are, but I don't get assuming she doesn't.

I was back tracking rereading the last few pages when something new jumped out! In a quoted article where Myra first went missing, it said she had bronchitis and was on breathing treatments!

What?? Why have the parents/family not mentioned/stressed this?! RED FLAG!! Assuming she was taking breathing treatments at home, one does not just stop them. An inhaler is easy to use, but getting a two year old to sit for treatment with the little home breathing machine (do not know proper name) can be a battle! Been there done that with a cooperative toddler MOST times. My point - why not stress she needs her medicine?

Hmmmmm. . . Not good! JMO! And yes, going now to bring that over here.

She must have had more than bronchitis, right? Nebulizers are not just used for bronchitis unless the child is asthmatic? She would be in very bad shape without them if she need them.

Snipped:
More at Link above..

Unless the mother is a suspect, this is ridiculous. The woman is sufferring enough. I didn't want to look at Myra's thread because I knew it would be heartbeaking...now I just feel angry.

Unless the mother is a suspect, this is ridiculous. The woman is sufferring enough. I didn't want to look at Myra's thread because I knew it would be heartbeaking...now I just feel angry.

What do you mean by ridiculous? She is a felon who had guns out in the open, with CHILDREN in the house. The law in the law. She broke it. Police are sworn to uphold the law. They were legally and ethically required to arrest her.

Should only suspects get arrested for violating their probation? She was guilty of the crime she was arrested for. If she did not want to land in jail, she had the option of not breaking the law.

We discussed a few pages back the date stamp on the photo was off by two years. I have a cheap plastic pay as you go phone and I'm out of minutes more than I have them. I have a computer over ten years old someone discarded, and have had Internet at home four months of the last three years.
I also live in a rural area and have a toddler at home. I'm a single mom. Can not afford those things. Also have no healthcare <modsnip>

In one of the Pressers after Mom was arrested Sheriff Tucker said that she was not carrying a gun. He stated that "There are numerous guns in the house because her Husband is a hunter". Now I have never been a convicted felon, never even been arrested..but when one is convicted of a felony I would think that their lawyer would make it pretty darn clear that there are to be NO guns in your home. If it were me I would have ordered Hublet to make them disappear.

She was not arrested THIS time for carrying a gun, that is correct. THIS time it was because there were guns in the home and because there was a warrant issued for violation of probation. The last time she was arrested, in January, it was for carrying a concealed weapon.

They have cell phones. Both the parents have them. It may not have been stated in the media but they do.

Whether or not you have kids if you break the law you can, and will, be arrested. Nobody gets a pass. That's why they have folks in prison who have terminal illnesses. She knowingly broke the law twice in two months!

She must have had more than bronchitis, right? Nebulizers are not just used for bronchitis unless the child is asthmatic? She would be in very bad shape without them if she need them.

Normally, it is for asthma, but I was given a nebulizer for a severe case of bronchitis (almost pneumonia) several years ago. Supposed to be just temporary, not an ongoing thing. I still have it, but don't have the medicine to use with it.

If little Myra was supposed to be given breathing treatments for bronchitis, she could be asthmatic as well... or it was a very serious bout. Poor baby!

I don't see in the link where Tucker says the guns were her husbands or anything to do with hunting. Am I just missing it?

I swear I remember him saying it at some point during one of the pressers, but I cannot find it anywhere..and I have looked until my eyes are crossing.:banghead:

What do you mean by ridiculous? She is a felon who had guns out in the open, with CHILDREN in the house. The law in the law. She broke it. Police are sworn to uphold the law. They were legally and ethically required to arrest her.

Should only suspects get arrested for violating their probation? She was guilty of the crime she was arrested for. If she did not want to land in jail, she had the option of not breaking the law.

I mean that they had bigger things to focus on, like a missing 2 year old.
<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member