MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on the radio this morning that they were working on getting amber alerts out more quickly. Something abouy typing them up instead of printing the form and filling it out to be faxed and sent to other offices. Said it would save 30 minutes. This was all due to the delay on Hailey here in Springfield that was abducted and killed.

It was delayed but even then the subtle rumblings were beginning on SM that there was no Amber Alert because of race. I imagine that it was a factor in going ahead with issuing it.

Seriously? The delay was because of race? I am going to beg to differ based on everything I know and think LE would take great offense to that statement.

I can't believe Myra hasn't been found.
WHERE is she?

This is a factor in how everything must work in MS. This case has to exceed the Abagail Bonner case in every way because it was recent, same county, etc. Abagail Bonner is unfortunately a legal measuring stick. This is fact. This is the norm.

There are currently still accusations of racial inequality by the family.

I honestly don't think it was race. They have done some pretty extreme things to find her. I think it was the lack of credibility (or sense) in the parent's story. I don't think they ever thought she was taken or wandered far off. I think they had to wade through a lot of crap, before they could justify the qualification of an AA. JMO.

I don't think it was race, either. I was just throwing that out there. Most people do not seem to understand the criteria for an AA and seem to freak out about why one hasn't been issued immediately in every case. There were some people asking why is was not issued the first day and they were making it a race issue. I'm certain that her race is not an issue for LE. I hope I didn't make it sound like I did. They have done everything they can at this point. I'm extremely impressed by their efforts. I just wish they could find her.

Hockeymom, I do not believe quill was saying it was delayed due to race. I believe she was saying it did not matter whether the case met the criteria for an amber alert or not, hesitancy because it did not. It was probably decided it needed to be issued despite it's not meeting criteria or it would immediately become a race issue.

Seriously? The delay was because of race? I am going to beg to differ based on everything I know and think LE would take great offense to that statement.

Let me clarify. I, in no way believe that race is a factor. I was saying that others have levied those claims. I would strongly disagree with them, wholeheartedly. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with what I was saying. LE has worked tirelessly on this case. However, there are those who have been making those statements because the AA was not issued immediately, because they do not understand the criteria required.

I don't think it was race, either. I was just throwing that out there. Most people do not seem to understand the criteria for an AA and seem to freak out about why one hasn't been issued immediately in every case. There were some people asking why is was not issued the first day and they were making it a race issue. I'm certain that her race is not an issue for LE. I hope I didn't make it sound like I did. They have done everything they can at this point. I'm extremely impressed by their efforts. I just wish they could find her.

I didn't think you personally were saying that :)

I just really don't understand how people could say that now, after LE has done so much. I think we can all agree with you, I wish they could find her. Poor, sweet girl.

Hockeymom, I do not believe quill was saying it was delayed due to race. I believe she was saying it did not matter whether the case met the criteria for an amber alert or not, hesitancy because it did not. It was probably decided it needed to be issued despite it's not meeting criteria or it would immediately become a race issue.

Thanks. ^^^This is what I was trying to say. I've been on here very little today. Painters in and out of my house today. Kid coming home from college. Lots going on.

I am absolutely sure LE would never differ search or treatment due to race of a missing child, never. It's just a matter of maintaining that to the public to the point of jumping through extra hoops to prove it. The demographics of the county alone create extra hoops.

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...32/Strategy-shifts-search-missing-Camden-girl

According to this article it was neighbors who brought up the subject of a biological father. Who are the neighbors? According to some of the comments that I have read one of the neighbors are this little one's grandparents. Does anyone know if this is an area where family live in close proximity to each other or where neighbors know everything that is going on in each others lives or are they distant to each other?
Hi you all. I have been following along and checking in daily to see if little Myra has been found and am still hoping and praying that she will show up safe and sound soon.

I don't live in their area so I can't be specific to their street. I can reply generally that they are close enough to the metro area to get both scenarios. You often have family breaking up larger plots of land and living in close proximity. On the other hand, you might have people living a few houses away you barely know, or not at all. More common than not people work a distance from home, attend different churches, kids may go to public or private schools. Usually though, you either know them well, or would not recognize them by more than awareness of a last name. Kids within walking distance sometimes creates more connections but I don't recall many close houses from the map views. I do recall a RSO directly through the woods and across a small creek. I was unable to determine the distance through those woods.

That said, same last name, I would think clearing him would have been top priority.

It has gotten way too quiet around the local area about Myra!! The Fox 40 early news doesn't even mention her anymore. WAPT continues to show her picture and appeal for info in each newscast but with nothing new. WHY is the family not everywhere advocating for this precious child's safe return??? I'm so scared there will never be answers.

Not feeling good about this case at all. I feel like this will end up just like Lisa Irwin and maybe Ayla Jennings...plenty of suspicion, no arrests. JMO

Let me clarify. I, in no way believe that race is a factor. I was saying that others have levied those claims. I would strongly disagree with them, wholeheartedly. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with what I was saying. LE has worked tirelessly on this case. However, there are those who have been making those statements because the AA was not issued immediately, because they do not understand the criteria required.

I didn't think you were saying it. You said it was being said by others. I have yet to see that. I think it is horrible that anyone is saying it. It disrespects the process, LE, and those who do experience racism.

That said, same last name, I would think clearing him would have been top priority.

I agree. I am confused why no one has been cleared. That is the first thing done. Mark Klaas, Polly's dad said that in the interview with Jane. They will stay with the family until cleared, along with Rso's and others. There was an article clearing them that has the content removed. It can be removed for many reasons.

Why isn't this case going anywhere? This is one of the slowest threads on web sleuths since I've signed up.

Why isn't this case going anywhere? This is one of the slowest threads on web sleuths since I've signed up.

Been watching all day. Thanks for bumping Myra's thread back to page one. Maybe after her mom goes to court on Mon. (I think) we will hear more. I think they have an idea of what happened to our little one and are just having to wait it out. I honestly thought she would have been found by now, one way or another. Somebody needs to tell the TRUTH. If they already are, I apologize. If these parents honestly don't know what happened to Myra God help them. If they do and are not being forthcoming.... Well....

I agree. I am beyond bothered that no one is talking about her in the media anymore, that I can see. I would love to be able to talk about her daily. I feel like I am just repeating myself. We are so limited on what we can say because of TOS and lack of what LE has stated. I feel there is so little to go off of to help from a distance. What bothers me is she is a child with an Amber Alert and I have never seen this little lack of coverage and lack of detail. I also can't recall seeing a time when LE doesn't clear people such as family, RSO's or even kidnapping, that she wandered off, etc...when it's a small child.

I am stunned, scared, concerned, and sad for Myra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet