GUILTY MS - Officers Benjamin Deen, 34, & Liquori Tate, 25, slain, Hattiesburg, 9 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wdam.com/story/29031574/exclusive-video-mother-of-two-suspects-speaks-out

The mother of two suspects who have been charged in the murder of two police officers spoke exclusively with WDAM-TV Monday morning.

Mary Smith, the mother of Curtis and Marvin Banks, blames drugs for her sons' actions.

"They still getting them pills, and that's how he got hooked on that stuff. It was those pills." Smith said. "They need help, and I tried, I have tried everything to get them in Pine Grove."

Smith apologized for her children's actions,

"They are still my children, and I still love them," said Smith. "I am sorry for the tragedy."

Tune in to WDAM-TV tonight at 6 p.m. for the full interview.

I am relieved that the mother of the accused did not come out and say they were innocent and being railroaded. And she expresses her regret. I do applaud her for that. She is a victim too. :rose:

If you go to this FB page, Hattiesburg Patriot, you can see two videos interviewing the Banks' boys mother. She and other people in the video say that her sons have been involved in heavy drug use.

https://www.facebook.com/HattiesburgPatriot?fref=ts

The Hattiesburg Patriot is a local, rather conservative, small news publication.
I feel terrible for her. She is in a great deal of pain too, and shame added on top of it. She freely admitted she knows Marvin did it and when asked why she thought he did she talked about how strung out on drugs he is. She mentions spice a few times and the lady with her list a lot of drugs including spice, powder, weed, whiskey, beer and says he mixes it all.

"Am I dying? I know I'm dying. Just hand me my walkie-talkie."

This just tore me up. Does anyone know which officer said these words? I really need to put a face to these words. So touching, and so sad ~ he cared so much for his service. What a shame to lose these men.
I know what you mean. I don't know which one it was but in my mind I keep associating it with Ofc Tate since he was there for backup so I kind of reckoned that he wouldn't have been as close to the gunfire and might have been the one to still be alive once MB left. I could be completely wrong.

CEvgYqrUEAAtIWd.jpg:large

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 1m 1 minute ago

Members of the Lamar County Sheriff's department arrive for the memorial of fallen officer Deen and Tate. #WDAM

CEvgL5zUMAAu6KV.jpg:large

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 3m 3 minutes ago

Flags flying a little lower today in honor of Hattiesburg PD fallen officers Deen and Tate.

If you'd like to know Judge Payton's opinions on the events, you can read her open FB.

Vigil, court appearance set in Hattiesburg officer slayings

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/05/11/police-officers-shot-hattiesburg/27107897/

Hattiesburg Police Department patrolmen Benjamin J. Deen and Liquori Tate died Saturday night after being shot shortly before 8 p.m. while making a traffic stop.

One of the officers was shot in the face and the other officer was struck under his vest, said Albert Santa Cruz, Mississippi commissioner of Public Safety.
(snip)
DuPree said Calloway was the driver of the dark-blue Hyundai Azera Limited with the retired Army military plate.
------

more at link...

2 bits of new info listed above........this may be why she also is charged with the murders as she was the driver......good article

https://www.facebook.com/HattiesburgPatriot?fref=nf

"Breaking News...Curtis and Marvin Banks will be served with outstanding felony drug possession warrants at today's hearing. The warrants are reportedly from 2013 and 2015. The fear of being arrested may have been the reason shots were fired."

If you'd like to know Judge Payton's opinions on the events, you can read her open FB.

Are you not allowed to post the link? I only found a FB page for someone who calls herself a musician. And nothing about the shootings.

As a side question to that...are Judges really allowed to post their personal opinions about a case? Especially a case they are presiding over? I am not saying they aren't, or they shouldn't - or maybe I am? I find that rather shocking if they can.

Are you not allowed to post the link? I only found a FB page for someone who calls herself a musician. And nothing about the shootings.

As a side question to that...are Judges really allowed to post their personal opinions about a case? Especially a case they are presiding over? I am not saying they aren't, or they shouldn't - or maybe I am? I find that rather shocking if they can.
Apparently there are allowed. There was a judge recently who objected to victim's impact letter because he deemed it racist.
He objected in court then posted about it on facebook. Apparently perfectly legal.

https://www.facebook.com/HattiesburgPatriot?fref=nf

"Breaking News...Curtis and Marvin Banks will be served with outstanding felony drug possession warrants at today's hearing. The warrants are reportedly from 2013 and 2015. The fear of being arrested may have been the reason shots were fired."
thanks for this, i saw it but wasn't sure if i could post from facebook, so it's okay as long as it's msm?

I don't think we can link personal FB pages. Only news and other informative pages. The music one is also hers. Her name is written on her page just like in your link, except add a middle initial "L."

without revealing my profession, let me say, i have dealt with tons of judges over the years, they can but i find it very unprofessional and it opens them up to appeals imo.....with that being said, the little research i have done shows her to be regarded as a fair jurist......so we shall see i guess.............

thanks for this, i saw it but wasn't sure if i could post from facebook, so it's okay as long as it's msm?

I've been quoting the Hattiesburg Patriot. Although it's not MSM, it is a local news source. They (he... I think it's one guy) have a website, but the updates are only on FB. http://hattiesburgpatriot.com/

I also look to WDAM's FB for current stuff. The Hattiesburg American is a pay site owned by not locals, so I don't link to it. If I mod feels I shouldn't use the HP, I surely won't. He interviewed the mother before FoxNews did, so I'd call him reliable. Sometimes a little opinionated, but there's news there, too.

i just didn't know.........thank t4tide :seeya:

eta.........i hope someone streams the arraignments

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo