GUILTY MS - Officers Benjamin Deen, 34, & Liquori Tate, 25, slain, Hattiesburg, 9 May 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
without revealing my profession, let me say, i have dealt with tons of judges over the years, they can but i find it very unprofessional and it opens them up to appeals imo.....with that being said, the little research i have done shows her to be regarded as a fair jurist......so we shall see i guess.............

Defense could certainly object if judge posts his or her opinion about the case on facebook. I presume that sort of thing could get a judge removed from the case?

I don't think we can link personal FB pages. Only news and other informative pages. The music one is also hers. Her name is written on her page just like in your link, except add a middle initial "L."

Thanks Tide...I was sure that couldn't be her - despite her name being unique! Because that woman doesn't look old enough to be a Judge!! Am reading now.

And thanks to jjenny and QB for their thoughts on Judge's having public opinions. I don't know why I am shocked - I really shouldn't be. None the less, I am!

Thanks Tide...I was sure that couldn't be her - despite her name being unique! Because that woman doesn't look old enough to be a Judge!! Am reading now.

And thanks to jjenny and QB for their thoughts on Judge's having public opinions. I don't know why I am shocked - I really shouldn't be. None the less, I am!

I don't know her personally, but several of my old classmates do. She went to another local high school, I believe, and she's around the same age as me (39.)

Defense could certainly object if judge posts his or her opinion about the case on facebook. I presume that sort of thing could get a judge removed from the case?

Yeah, I am not well versed on the law...LOL...but it would seem that way to me!

That being said, I just read all of her posts. They aren't inflammatory. Just her thoughts and prayers for the families and local people. How tragic is it, and if you don't have anything nice to say...keep your dang mouth shut! (that is of course all paraphrased by me!)

if anyone sees a link for the arraignment, would you please post it? i'm off in search of an update on the matter and to check on a couple of other cases and to check on my pecan pie in the oven :seeya:

:rose: :rose:

I don't know her personally, but several of my old classmates do. She went to another local high school, I believe, and she's around the same age as me (39.)

I haven't found an actual birthdate...but her first year of college was 1986. So that would put her, if following the standard of general education (K-12, starting at age 5) at 47-48. I graduated in 1987, so not really a lot of thought had to go into that! LOL!!

I guess what they say is true...and I will leave it at that before I get in trouble for finishing that sentence! LOL!!

635669436714189994-Mississippi-Officers-Gate.jpg

Community members gather at a candlelight vigil for two fallen police officers at the Hattiesburg Police Department substation in West Hattiesburg, Miss., Sunday, May 10, 2015. The two Mississippi police officers were shot to death during a routine evening traffic stop turned violent, a state law enforcement spokesman said Sunday.(Photo: Eli Baylis/AP)

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/05/11/hattiesburg-officer-slayings/27119707/

I haven't found an actual birthdate...but her first year of college was 1986. So that would put her, if following the standard of general education (K-12, starting at age 5) at 47-48. I graduated in 1987, so not really a lot of thought had to go into that! LOL!!

I guess what they say is true...and I will leave it at that before I get in trouble for finishing that sentence! LOL!!

Wow.... then she's way older than me. All our mutual friends on FB are around my same age.... but then I guess they would be, huh? haha

I'm at a *deep-down in my gut* loss at understanding how this country has become so anti-LE. I'm really at a loss for words, for how can I communicate my sadness? Sadness, and concern about what this means in the next year, two....

Generations being raised to think LE is the bad guy? Hurts my heart.

Prayers to the families, and coworkers of these fine men. I'm sure the majority of the community is hurting in the loss of these two. One with a great history of service to the city, and one with a great future with the city.

God speed to the fallen, and thank you for your service is my prayer to them.

I'm at a *deep-down in my gut* loss at understanding how this country has become so anti-LE. I'm really at a loss for words, for how can I communicate my sadness? Sadness, and concern about what this means in the next year, two....

Generations being raised to think LE is the bad guy? Hurts my heart.

Prayers to the families, and coworkers of these fine men. I'm sure the majority of the community is hurting in the loss of these two. One with a great history of service to the city, and one with a great future with the city.

God speed to the fallen, and thank you for your service is my prayer to them.

I'm with you---I find it shocking! My neighbor is LE and now hides his vehicle when he is home just in case

I'm with you---I find it shocking! My neighbor is LE and now hides his vehicle when he is home just in case

There is a little strip of restaurants on the edge of our town. There is a Starbucks there and I sit on their patio with my laptop quite often. I used to see officers eating lunch on their breaks routinely. The Sheriff Station is just down the block. There are a few restaurants all in a row with outside seating. I used to see one officer going into the Hoagie shop while his partner went into the Deli next door, and they would meet back at the outside table, very casually. Today, I saw different behavior from them. They stayed together, and while one was ordering, his partner stood at his back watching the door. And they sat inside with their faces towards the entrance, and never were alone. Maybe it is just a coincidence, but I am afraid that it is more than that. I think they are aware of the recent escalation of violence against our officers.

There is a little strip of restaurants on the edge of our town. There is a Starbucks there and I sit on their patio with my laptop quite often. I used to see officers eating their on their breaks routinely. The Sheriff Station is just down the block. There are a few restaurants all in a row with outside seating. I used to see one officer going into the Hoagie shop while his partner went into the Deli next door, and they would meet back at the outside table, very casually. Today, I saw different behavior from them. They stayed together, and while one was ordering, his partner stood at his back watching the door. And they sat inside with their faces towards the entrance, and never were alone. Maybe it is just a coincidence, but I am afraid that it is more than that. I think they are aware of the recent escalation of violence against our officers.

I don't blame them---its scary out there.

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 8m 8 minutes ago

BREAKING: bond denied for Marvin Banks in shooting death of HPD officers Deen and Tate.

Ryan MooreVerified account
‏@RyanMooreMS

Marvin: Other bonds set at 100k for possession of weapon, and 100k for grand larceny auto.

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 11m 11 minutes ago

Marvin was out on bond when the shooting of the 2 officers occurred.

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 13m 13 minutes ago

Marvin is charged with 2 counts of capital murder in the shooting death of HPD officers Deen and Tate.

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 14m 14 minutes ago

Marvin Banks appears before the judge with Mississippi State Troopers at his sides.

note: marvin was last...........now i'll post in order how they saw the judge........curtis banks was first.......

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 36m 36 minutes ago

First up for initial: Curtis Banks: charged with 2 counts of accessory after the fact to capital murder. #WDAM

Silent courtroom, standing room only. 18 chairs available for seating. #WDAM

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 37m 37 minutes ago

Officers from around the pine belt providing security as well as in attendance
4 retweets 2 favorites

Curtis enters in a solid orange jumpsuit

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 37m 37 minutes ago

Curtis already cuts off the judge as she tries to swear him in.

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 32m 32 minutes ago

Curtis Banks bond set at $100,000 in connection to shooting deaths of HPD officers Deen and Tate. Other bond revoked.

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 31m 31 minutes ago

Cornelius Clark up now for initial.

‏@RyanMooreMS

Curtis Banks bond revoked on drug possession charge from 2013. Until that is cleared, he can not bond on the accessory after fact per judge

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 29m 29 minutes ago

Clark also enters in a full orange jumpsuit

‏@RyanMooreMS

Cornelius Clark, charged with hindering prosecution in shooting death of 2 HPD officers.

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 27m 27 minutes ago

Clark allegedly helped in "prolonging" other arrests in the Saturday night shooting.

Ryan Moore @RyanMooreMS · 27m 27 minutes ago

Clark's bond set at $75,000 in connection to the shooting death of 2 HPD officers.

*note: he says banks in 2nd tweet, i think he means clark

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GuardianAngelTaskForce
Back