MS MS - Rebecca Paulk, 26, Lauderdale County, 7 Sept 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone noticed that her name has not been entered into NAMUS? I looked in Alabama as well as Mississippi and couldn't find her name or maybe I missed it. Could someone enlighten me to how this process works? Thanks!

I think someone came and got her from the spot she got stuck. Drug use pretty much means your not going to be a sane person. So my thinking is she was not thinking straight and if she was with someone they weren't thinking straight either. They might of just forgot where the car was stuck at in the morning when they came back down. As for the stuff being left in the car, I don't think that stuff matters if your high. I am guessing the suspect was her dealer or someone she got stuff from before.

I think someone came and got her from the spot she got stuck. Drug use pretty much means your not going to be a sane person. So my thinking is she was not thinking straight and if she was with someone they weren't thinking straight either. They might of just forgot where the car was stuck at in the morning when they came back down. As for the stuff being left in the car, I don't think that stuff matters if your high. I am guessing the suspect was her dealer or someone she got stuff from before.

jkloc420, normally I would agree with your possible scenario since RHP was facing some serious consequences in her upcoming court appearances.. Due to the time that has elapsed since her disappearance and the lack of social media communications or contact with her family or friends, combined with the actions by investigators, which indicate foul play being involved. Imo, the signs and indicators are pointing towards a slight acquaintance/stranger abduction, with a direct or indirect meth connection, and with tragic results.. Imo, the vehicle location will be a deflection from where RHP will eventually be located, which will likely be in a different police jurisdiction.. jmo

http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/portal/USN/TheSignal/Life?articleId=402

<RE: Linkage Blindness>
"Police don't share information across jurisdictional boundaries," Egger said. "There's always some friction there." Agencies prefer to worry only about their own jurisdiction, instead of sharing information to work together to solve a murder. Egger says a serial murder investigation may, but not always, have as many as seven different crime scenes: the place the victim was initially lured, transportation to a different location, the place the victim was kept, transportation to another location, where the victim was killed, where the body was dumped, and where the weapon was dumped.

"In most instances all the police have is the dumpsite," Egger said. Egger says the other crime scenes are never investigated because of linkage blindness and the fact that law enforcement officials usually treat serial murder as a single homicide. "But if you find out that you're talking about multiple dumpsites in different jurisdictions, then you have a higher possibility of coming up with some trace evidence, particularly in the first kill," Egger said.

"The offender brings something to the crime scene, leaves something at the crime scene, and takes something away from the crime scene," Egger said when explaining his three part premise of a crime scene and the reason there is not always a lot of trace evidence.

"If you have someone who is aware of that, who is careful, and you're only dealing with one dumpsite, and you're treating it as a single homicide, you have no way of managing your suspects," Egger said. Egger says a typical homicide is not difficult to solve because you are simply dealing with people's alibis, and the person without one becomes the prime suspect. However, in a serial murder you do not have that. "All crime is serial in nature," Egger said. "Most criminals, if not caught, will repeat their crime. And if that's true, then you've got to share information."

<snipped - read more>

i agree.. most likely a kidnapping within a drug purchase scenario.

There's only one reason i can think of why she was last seen with JBP, He's probably ripped her off and made her disappear, only i don't know why he left her valuables in her car if he needs money, I'm thinking maybe he missed them because looking at him i don't think he'd of chosen to leave them ;-) MOO.

If I made someone disappear, especially someone whom I had recently been seen with, I would not want to be found with any of the missing person's possessions. That would just be more to hide.

Does anyone know more about the footage of Rebecca and the older man they have questioned?

Please leave all rumors re: meth out of these threads. If it's in MSM or from LE and can be linked that's fine.

:tyou:

Please leave all rumors re: meth out of these threads. If it's in MSM or from LE and can be linked that's fine.

:tyou:

http://www.wtok.com/home/headlines/...ds-in-Search-for-Missing-Woman-329363071.html
Sheriff's Dept. Investigating Leads in Search for Missing Woman

Lauderdale Co., Miss. A man has been arrested who authorities believe could be connected to the disappearance of a local woman.

The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Dept. says it executed a search warrant of John Poisso's home on Old Wire Road Thursday evening after receiving information relating to the disappearance of Rebecca Paulk. Paulk was last seen in Demopolis on Labor Day.
http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Mississippi/Lauderdale-County-MS/John-Poisso.64051833.html

Offense Sentence Length County of Conviction Sentence Date Tentative Release
RECEIVE STOLEN PROPERTY 1 YEARS LAUDERDALE 5/27/2014
METHAMPHETAMINE - POSSESSION 1 YEARS LAUDERDALE

that is where I made that assumption, but then again I don't think she has directly been charged w any drug possessions. I was just speculating because of her association with him and the odd behavior in her criminal case.

http://www.wtok.com/home/headlines/...ds-in-Search-for-Missing-Woman-329363071.html
Sheriff's Dept. Investigating Leads in Search for Missing Woman

Lauderdale Co., Miss. A man has been arrested who authorities believe could be connected to the disappearance of a local woman.

The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Dept. says it executed a search warrant of John Poisso's home on Old Wire Road Thursday evening after receiving information relating to the disappearance of Rebecca Paulk. Paulk was last seen in Demopolis on Labor Day.
http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Mississippi/Lauderdale-County-MS/John-Poisso.64051833.html

Offense Sentence Length County of Conviction Sentence Date Tentative Release
RECEIVE STOLEN PROPERTY 1 YEARS LAUDERDALE 5/27/2014
METHAMPHETAMINE - POSSESSION 1 YEARS LAUDERDALE

We can't assume Rebecca is involved with meth, just because a POI was arrested over 2 years ago for meth possession. He spent 1 year in jail and has been out over a year. Is there any info now he's dealing or using meth?

I've read this article posted 2 weeks ago.

Sheriff: No evidence linking man to Ala. girl's disappearance

http://www.meridianstar.com/news/lo...222-63a5-11e5-9fb3-4b5200eda49b.html?mode=jqm

Since there is no evidence linking him to Rebecca, is he still considered a POI in her disappearance or is there a newer article I've missed naming him a POI within the last 2 weeks? Has he been cleared?

We also can't assume, because it's posted in Social Media, Rebecca was using meth. It would then be considered rumor. It must come from MSM or LE with a link included.

Thank you for your help!

Checked alacourt and it appears that she has some criminal cases going to grand jury. Of course, she is innocent until proven guilty. However, I would be checking with any known addicts/dealers in the area.

We can't assume Rebecca is involved with meth, just because a POI was arrested over 2 years ago for meth possession. He spent 1 year in jail and has been out over a year. Is there any info now he's dealing or using meth?

I've read this article posted 2 weeks ago.

Sheriff: No evidence linking man to Ala. girl's disappearance

http://www.meridianstar.com/news/lo...222-63a5-11e5-9fb3-4b5200eda49b.html?mode=jqm

Since there is no evidence linking him to Rebecca, is he still considered a POI in her disappearance or is there a newer article I've missed naming him a POI within the last 2 weeks? Has he been cleared?

We also can't assume, because it's posted in Social Media, Rebecca was using meth. It would then be considered rumor. It must come from MSM or LE with a link included.

Thank you for your help!

Sparky, Imo, John Poisso hasn't been ruled out as a POI by investigators. According to the Sheriff, there is not enough concrete evidence for an arrest. Poisso was the last person seen with RP, caught on two different business security cameras after her parents had reported her missing. Poisso is a convicted felon with a very long rap sheet, including violent offenses, going back over a decade and a half..

http://www.wtok.com/home/headlines/...-Together-After-Disappearance-329596561.html?
device=tablet&c=y

&#8220;We have at least two locations that we have identified her and him being together in the Lauderdale Co. area," Sollie says.
"We did a search but was unsuccessful in finding any clues to help us with this prosecution," Sollie says.

Poisso is no stranger to law-enforcement. He has a record with the Lauderdale Co. Sheriff&#8217;s Dept. that goes back to 1999. He's been arrested for everything from possession of crystal meth, receiving stolen property, assault, felon in possession of a firearm, to civil complaints and contempt of court.
<snipped>

agree. we are not slandering her, but if she was involved in that it would be a very likely reason for her disappearance. it would give a direction to look or sleuth.

Sparky, Imo, John Poisso hasn't been ruled out as a POI by investigators. According to the Sheriff, there is not enough concrete evidence for an arrest. Poisso was the last person seen with RP, caught on two different business security cameras after her parents had reported her missing. Poisso is a convicted felon with a very long rap sheet, including violent offenses, going back over a decade and a half..

http://www.wtok.com/home/headlines/...-Together-After-Disappearance-329596561.html?
device=tablet&c=y

&#8220;We have at least two locations that we have identified her and him being together in the Lauderdale Co. area," Sollie says.
"We did a search but was unsuccessful in finding any clues to help us with this prosecution," Sollie says.

Poisso is no stranger to law-enforcement. He has a record with the Lauderdale Co. Sheriff&#8217;s Dept. that goes back to 1999. He's been arrested for everything from possession of crystal meth, receiving stolen property, assault, felon in possession of a firearm, to civil complaints and contempt of court.
<snipped>

If Rebecca is using meth and it's from MSM or LE then it can be discussed here. If there is no evidence, then it's against WS TOS.

If you (you as in general) are sleuthing Rebecca and it takes you in different directions (social media), find she is/was using, you can't discuss it here.

Please tread very lightly re: John Poisso. It has been stated there is no evidence linking him to Rebecca's disappearance. He was seen with Rebecca yes, but LE has stated no evidence linking the two.

Deputies executed a search warrant on Poisso's home on Old Wire Road but found nothing that tied him to Paulk's disappearance, Sollie said.

"At this time we have nothing concrete to end the investigation with an arrest," Sollie said.

Thanks!

I don't think this is drug related at all, I think it's sex related.

A pretty girl goes into a town full of unscrupulous characters and ends up vanishing without a trace.
This reminds me of the Holly Bobo case......Rebecca even resembles her to some degree.

I think this is a case where some d^$&%ag saw something he wanted, and he's such a f^$%#g useless individual he waited until her guard was down and took advantage of the situation. The phone and clothing being found sounds like someone who was being pursued to me. The phone was dropped while running, and the clothing was left while struggling. I realize there hasn't been any "official confirmation" by LE that those items belonged to her. That's where common sense comes into play.
It's a field.... it's out in the middle of nowhere.... just how many expensive phones and articles of clothing would be left out there on an average day ? An average month ?

That stuff is hers. Her family believes it, I believe it. Now.......what did he (or they) do with her ?

Just think of the Leah Martin case currently going on in Graham, Texas. Three perps, working together to commit the crime and cover it up. Same goes in the Bobo case. I don't know that this case won't turn out to be similar. I just have a suspicion there may be more than one person involved, mainly due to where her car was found and the fact that someone would have had to make it back into town after getting it stuck there......without being seen or noticed walking down the road.

http://www.wtok.com/home/headlines/Poisso-Serving-Time-for-Probation-Violation-332569472.html

Paulk's mother says she got the chance to talk to Poisso before he left.

"I did talk to him that Thursday on the phone, asking questions and trying to find out where she is and begging him to let me know where she was. I appreciate him talking to me," Janet Henderson says.

Investigators say they questioned Poisso, searched his property and found him on surveillance video with the missing woman, but found no evidence to tie him to her disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back