MS MS - Vickie Ellington, 53, Kosciusko, 27-Jan-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i can imagine the walmart surveillance as being pretty grainy. Im sure they are able to see her vehicle and her exiting and walking but no details other than that. tag numbers are hard to read as well on them according to law enforcement. not your top of the line surveillance....

as far as the grandchild is concerned, from what i understand is that he was at school and she didnt come to pick him up (which was completely out of character for her) and the school administration was attempting to reach her but they could not. so one of her employees came and picked him up.

ATTALA COUNTY, Miss. (WLBT) - A large search of the property of a missing woman in Attala County turned up no new leads Tuesday.

Vickie Ellington, 53, has been missing since Jan. 27.

Ellington was last seen in a parking lot of a Wal-Mart in Louisville, Miss. on surveillance tape.

The search focused along Miss. County Road 5216 about 3 and a half miles southeast of Kosciusko.

Vickie Ellington lived in a house, on a hill, along County Road 5216 with her 8 year old grandson, she was raising.

Ellington's husband died of cancer about a year and a half ago.

Sheriff William Lee thinks foul play is involved because he said a woman like this just doesn't walk away.

The sheriff said Ellington was a woman "who enjoyed life."

Tuesday's search was through the woods on her 100 acres of property and was conducted by Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks personnel and other volunteer law enforcement officers.

"Right now we are just searching the property, to eliminate the property as to where she might be," Chief Deputy Tim Nail of Attala County said. "Ah we are just looking at every angle that we have right now."

"Have you found anything new? No sir, at this time we have not found anything."

Ellington's Chevy Suburban was found unharmed in the Louisville, Miss. Wal-Mart parking lot.

The surveillance tape last showed her walking toward a McDonald's and Taco Bell when she just walked out of the camera's range without meeting anyone.

We counted 14 trucks out here with personnel in them.

The personnel combed the woods looking for anything they could find.

They found nothing substantial.

By Bert Case - bio | email
Courtesy WLBT

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20110206/NEWS/102060365/-Missing-cases-often-unresolved

Therese Apel • tapel@jackson.gannett.com • February 6, 2011

As the search for missing Kosciusko businesswoman Vickie Ellington continues, families and friends of more than 500 other missing people in Mississippi can share in the hope that their loved ones, too, will be found unharmed.

Since Jan. 1, 2010, 524 people have been reported missing by various jurisdictions in Mississippi to the FBI's National Crime Information Center.

I wish we had more information about who she was going to meet, and what the meeting was supposed to be about.

When I learned she parked her car at Wal-Mart and walked towards the fast food restaurants instead of going into the store itself, I wondered if she had met someone online and was going to meet them at McDonalds/Taco Bell. Her husband passed away, so maybe she was single?

I used to do that occasionally. When I was still single, if I met someone online, and it was time to meet up in person, I would meet them in broad daylight at a public place. Nothing pricey- just a coffee shop or something so that if the meeting was a total disaster, no one feels put out.

It wasn't out of the ordinary for me to park my car in the next lot over or something, because if the guy I was meeting turned out to be a creep, I didn't want him to know where my car was or what it looked like.

VICKIE%20ELLINGTON%20FLYER.jpg

Nearly one month after Attala Fitness owner Vickie Ellington’s disappearance, the Attala County Sheriff’s Department and other law enforcement agencies continue to sift through evidence looking for clues.

more here - including they're looking at video surveillance for a Wal-Mart parking lot & a gas station (and trying to enhance it), and she never met the person she'd said she was going to meet in Louisville.

http://www.breezynews.com/index.php

Is there anything else on this one? Is anyone looking for this woman? What in the world happened to her?
Was it ever said who she was going to meet?

So did she go into the mcDonald's or Taco Bell? There should be cameras around those buildings. Multiple cameras catching the lots. TIA

Is this strictly a coincidence of a person having the same name?

http://www.msdailynews.com/news/mississippi/woman-jailed-on-multiple-counts/10456582.html

A suspect involved in the March 2, 2014 Natchez, Mississippi police encounter has been identified as Vickie Ellington.

On March 3, 2014, Mississippi Daily News obtained reports from the arresting agency that Vickie Ellington had been charged. Records indicate that Ellington was arrested following the encounter and charged on multiple counts.

At the time of the arrest, Ms. Ellington was described as a white woman and 56 years old. Few additional details have been provided at this time.

Hmmm. That is interesting. I think she is still listed as missing. I just read an article on Mississippi missing persons that was written in light of the recent discovery of Holly Bobo's remains. Vicky was included. I can't imagine it wouldn't have been headline news here if it had been the missing woman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back