MS MS - Zeb Hughes, 21, & Gunner Palmer, 16, Warren Co/MS River, 3 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm wondering if they are checking the shore line and debris fields for the boys, the boys could be floating in the middle of the debris or washed ashore by now! I also found it odd that a black lab was located in the area where the boys were lost, I believe the breeder said the markings were different, he could have been wrong and thinking of another dog he bred. Black labs pretty much look identical making it difficult to tell the difference between one another, same as yellow labs except yellow labs can be lighter blond or darker blond. I had a friend who adopted 3 black rescues different years apart, they all looked identical with the exception of one that was a little heavier. I would think if the breeder hasn't seen the dog recently it would be difficult to identify it

I'm wondering if they are checking the shore line and debris fields for the boys, the boys could be floating in the middle of the debris or washed ashore by now! I also found it odd that a black lab was located in the area where the boys were lost, I believe the breeder said the markings were different, he could have been wrong and thinking of another dog he bred. Black labs pretty much look identical making it difficult to tell the difference between one another, same as yellow labs except yellow labs can be lighter blond or darker blond. I had a friend who adopted 3 black rescues different years apart, they all looked identical with the exception of one that was a little heavier. I would think that if the breeder hasn't seen the dog recently he could have been wrong about it. If he called the dog by name it probably wouldn't react to it, they become skittish when on their own for any amount of time and confused by what happened!!! They didn't say anything about the family identifying it which confused me, I would think they would have been the ones to identify it! The other possibility is one of the boys while panicking could have held on to it to keep themselves from going under and the dog ended up drowning too! I'm still praying they locate all three of them, my thoughts and prayers are with the families and recovery team. ❤

I think it may have been the dog's trainer that they called in. People here spend a lot of money training a gun dog. They send it off to board with the trainer during this process. Especially if the training was fairly recent, the trainer would be very familiar with the dog but especially familiar with how to get recall from the dog. I had an experience a couple of years ago helping track a lost dog with its trainer. She drove 3 hours to come help locate the dog. She used techniques that were unique to the training she had given. It was fascinating for me. We did find the dog and it was a great learning experience for me.

I think it may have been the dog's trainer that they called in. People here spend a lot of money training a gun dog. They send it off to board with the trainer during this process. Especially if the training was fairly recent, the trainer would be very familiar with the dog but especially familiar with how to get recall from the dog. I had an experience a couple of years ago helping track a lost dog with its trainer. She drove 3 hours to come help locate the dog. She used techniques that were unique to the training she had given. It was fascinating for me. We did find the dog and it was a great learning experience for me.

Crews persevere against rising river, debris as search for missing hunters enters second month - Magnolia State Live
Published 6:10 am Wednesday, January 6, 2021
“We are continuing to do what we’ve been doing,” Warren County Sheriff Martin Pace said. “We’re searching the surface and using sonar. We have our boats and Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks boats in the river.”

Deputies continue to search an area from LeTourneau Landing, where the young men put in, south to the Claiborne County line. Wildlife agents have put in boats at LeTourneau, Port Gibson and Natchez.

Pace said tentative plans are to bring a cadaver dog team from Mercy Search of St. Amant, La., to help in the search.

Digital First: Crews continue recovery search for missing duck hunters | WJTV
Posted: Jan 5, 2021 / 06:22 PM CST / Updated: Jan 6, 2021 / 08:53 AM CST
“Very unlikely that they ever actually made it out of the river,” said Pace.

“It’s just a mission that we have to complete regardless of what it takes. We’ve not missed a day of being in the water. It’s a needle in a haystack. I hate to say that, but this is a mighty big river. It’s an unforgiving body of water, and many of times she does not release her victims.”

Fundraising information at link.
Volunteer searchers suffer damages on the river Tuesday
January 26, 2021
The Mighty Mississippi flexed her muscle on the brave search and rescue crews that have been searching the river for Zeb Hughes and Gunner Palmer since their disappearance on Dec. 3, 2020.

The unforgiving river damaged a propeller and sophisticated piece of sonar equipment called a tow fish that belongs to a nonprofit organization called Bruce’s Legacy.
broken-prop-1536x1152.jpg

Fundraising information at link.
Volunteer searchers suffer damages on the river Tuesday
January 26, 2021
The Mighty Mississippi flexed her muscle on the brave search and rescue crews that have been searching the river for Zeb Hughes and Gunner Palmer since their disappearance on Dec. 3, 2020.

The unforgiving river damaged a propeller and sophisticated piece of sonar equipment called a tow fish that belongs to a nonprofit organization called Bruce’s Legacy.
broken-prop-1536x1152.jpg

Prayers for all the dedicated and brave volunteers as they continue searching to bring these boys home to their mamas...

I keep popping in, praying these two young men have been found. IMO it is purely a recovery effort, and I am inspired and awestruck by these searchers who are so dedicated to bringing them home. Godspeed to them, may they remain safe in their endeavors, and prayers for the families. Seems like on so many threads I’m following lately, all I have to offer is prayers.

United Cajun Navy Mississippi

UCN has made the difficult decision to discontinue our coordinated search efforts for the missing boys Zeb and Gunner.This is why there have been no recent updates.

Although it is always our mission to help provide closure to families in these situations that is not always the outcome.

This search was one of the most resource intense and largest volunteer recovery efforts that UCN has ever assisted in spanning over 30 days.

Hundreds of volunteers stepped up and volunteered their time searching on foot as well as with resources such as airplanes, helicopters, drones, sonar and boats.

Volunteers faced the Mighty Mississippi River challenges and ever changing uncertainties that such a vast waterway and landscape brings.

Volunteers who are part of our UCN network are some of the most caring and selfless people that we've had the pleasure of working with as everything they did was without the benefit of financial assistance as many spent days away from their families.

•Note- Family and other search teams are currently still doing searches

Mercy Search & Rescue
Mercy Search & Rescue

MS&R have been conducting searches for Zeb and Gunner along side Cajun Navy and other officials.
They continue posting updates.
As of March 30, they continued sharing posts, videos and photos as they search along the MS River for these two young men.

Mercy Search & Rescue

March 26
Mercy Search & Rescue shared the following from Sharon Hughes, mother of Zeb.

I am so grateful to Gunner’s family and friends, Warren Co. Sheriff’s Dept. and MDWFP for their commitment to continue searching for Zeb and Gunner. I realize there are so many more than I’ll ever know or could ever list.

Tonight I want to share my gratitude for the sacrifices made by E3 Environmental, LLC. (Clinton, MS) and Mercy SAR (St. Amant, LA) over the past 113 days. E3 has provided a large river boat, captain and crew mate any time Mercy SAR is able to go on the river and search. We talked about it this week and we think there are 29 or more days that they’ve provided a boat for searching.

On Monday, after they searched, they graciously took us out on the water where the dogs have alerted many times over the course of this waiting.

I was also able to place a wreath into the water that I made for Zeb with a photo and note attached.

I could feel Zeb in the breeze and sense him all around me as I had an overwhelming peace and feeling of safety while I was out there. That, my friends, is a blessing straight from God. I have so many more words in my heart, but I can’t quite seem to get them out like I’d like. I’ve taken a few days to process my experience and would now like to share with you here.

“Thank you” will never be sufficient for the endless prayers, encouraging words, precious hugs, generous donations and agape love that you’ve poured out on both boy’s families during this time. Each of you are loved by me on a much deeper level than ever before in my life. Nothing is too small or under-appreciated! Everything matters. Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back