MSM coverage of Baby Lisa 10/28/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Gil and feel for him. When his son was kidnapped, he looked like the guilty party and I am sure that LE and the press had a field day with the problems in his marriage. The mother failed her LDT. There was no forced entry. The baby was in the room with them. But LE couldn't see past them being guilty and never pursued the most probably suspect of them all-his ex-girlfriend who wanted revenge for him going back to his wife and baby.

There is something more going on here, I can just feel it. Are these people perfect? Far from it. Is DB mother of the year? Hardly. But is she capable of doing the unspeakable to her child? It does not appear so from her history, particularly her history with her older son. That baby was obviously cherished and well cared for. She was named after DB's late mother out of respect. As much as it may look bad at times, I just don't see a loving mother discard their child as trash after an accident. I just don't see it. And I don't see her as diabolical.

I honestly do think that these people are at the end of their rope. It scared me when Gil told Nancy he feared they were going to commit suicide. I remember what happened to the one girl everyone thought killed her son that disappeared and then killed herself after going on NG. Gave me goose bumps.

Try looking at these people as innocent first. Deer in the headlights. Clueless. Desperate. Issues paying bills. Raising 3 kids. Now their baby is missing. Mom was drinking that night. Well, OK. Not a good idea and certainly not good if your daughter is missing.

HOWEVER...I don't care if she was drunk as a skunk, people still kidnap children and it still doesn't make it any less of a crime and it still doesn't tell us where Lisa is.

Gil is seeing these people through the eyes of someone who has been falsely accused of the worst possible thing while going through the horror and pain of losing his precious child. Maybe he's wrong. But he seems to have some insight into just why this is turning into such a circus and it could just very well be the fact that these to unsophisticated people have been surrounded by vultures and are really just spinning trying to figure out which way to go.

They tried cooperating with LE and were accused of killing their child
They tried doing national interviews and were picked apart and humiliated for being honest
They tried letting people who know about these things help them out, but found themselves only victimized even more

Could it be possible that these people are innocent and simply do not know which way to turn?

I am watching Vinnie Politan's coverage.

I just had a terrible thought, and I haven't seen anyone else here mention it.

She was at the store without the baby; did she leave her home and tell the boys to take care of her, and one (or both) of the boys accidentally did something, and the parents are covering for them?

Is this why they don't want the boys interviewed by investigators?

Just got home and I'm listening to VinnieP now. What is this about a phone call? Is it DB called a stranger? I don't understand yet. Help!

Information about phone call on this thread:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151083"]Missing cell phones - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I am watching Vinnie Politan's coverage.

She was at the store without the baby; did she leave her home and tell the boys to take care of her, and one (or both) of the boys accidentally did something, and the parents are covering for them?

Jeremy was there taking care of the kids until she got home, around 5:20.

Even if they did something to her while she was at the store, it's hard to believe she'd have the neighbor over right away with her daughter for the entire evening with a dead baby in the house . . .

Watching Vinnie on HLN and he is talking about the timeline.
That whole part of the timeline is very confusing. In People, they said in the timeline that dad left for work at 5:20. Since she was at the store about 5 pm, and it is only 5 or 10 minutes away, it seemed like dad was watching the kids and left as soon as DB came back home.

But now we hear from a new report that the neighbor was watching the kids.
That seems odd to me because Lisa would definitely be seen by the neighbor if she was watching the kids while mom went to the store. So I don't know what happened. But I doubt that she left a 5 and 8 yr old in charge of a baby, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

Just got home and I'm listening to VinnieP now. What is this about a phone call? Is it DB called a stranger? I don't understand yet. Help!

OR could it be that the cell phone was used by someone to call a person that is a stranger to DB? I'm not certain that the assumption can be made that DB placed that call. :waitasec:

I really like Gil and feel for him. When his son was kidnapped, he looked like the guilty party and I am sure that LE and the press had a field day with the problems in his marriage. The mother failed her LDT. There was no forced entry. The baby was in the room with them. But LE couldn't see past them being guilty and never pursued the most probably suspect of them all-his ex-girlfriend who wanted revenge for him going back to his wife and baby.

There is something more going on here, I can just feel it. Are these people perfect? Far from it. Is DB mother of the year? Hardly. But is she capable of doing the unspeakable to her child? It does not appear so from her history, particularly her history with her older son. That baby was obviously cherished and well cared for. She was named after DB's late mother out of respect. As much as it may look bad at times, I just don't see a loving mother discard their child as trash after an accident. I just don't see it. And I don't see her as diabolical.

I honestly do think that these people are at the end of their rope. It scared me when Gil told Nancy he feared they were going to commit suicide. I remember what happened to the one girl everyone thought killed her son that disappeared and then killed herself after going on NG. Gave me goose bumps.

Try looking at these people as innocent first. Deer in the headlights. Clueless. Desperate. Issues paying bills. Raising 3 kids. Now their baby is missing. Mom was drinking that night. Well, OK. Not a good idea and certainly not good if your daughter is missing.

HOWEVER...I don't care if she was drunk as a skunk, people still kidnap children and it still doesn't make it any less of a crime and it still doesn't tell us where Lisa is.

Gil is seeing these people through the eyes of someone who has been falsely accused of the worst possible thing while going through the horror and pain of losing his precious child. Maybe he's wrong. But he seems to have some insight into just why this is turning into such a circus and it could just very well be the fact that these to unsophisticated people have been surrounded by vultures and are really just spinning trying to figure out which way to go.

They tried cooperating with LE and were accused of killing their child
They tried doing national interviews and were picked apart and humiliated for being honest
They tried letting people who know about these things help them out, but found themselves only victimized even more

Could it be possible that these people are innocent and simply do not know which way to turn?

I get what you are saying, but I do have a problem with one thing. If I assume they are 100 percent innocent, why would they listen to ANYBODY that stops them from finding their child? I don't think I would care what any family member or lawyer told me to do or not to do. I would say F you and do whatever it took to find her. Let the chips fall where they may, but I'm not sitting around silent no matter what I or anybody else may feel the need to hide. I just can't understand where they are coming from at all.

Jeremy was there taking care of the kids until she got home, around 5:20.

Even if they did something to her while she was at the store, it's hard to believe she'd have the neighbor over right away with her daughter for the entire evening with a dead baby in the house . . .

I thought it was stated on the news a few days ago that a neighbor was watching the kids while Db and her brother went to the store.

Vinne talking to Gil:

He made me bawl my eyes out.

He said if I made it, they can make it. He will continue to believe and support the parents. He compares his case very much to this one and is so concerned for the parents.

He said exactly what I've been saying all along. These parents are scared, they don't trust LE, they "inherited" these attorneys and don't know what to do.

Very sad.

Wow,,,Jean Casarez just said that after listening to Gil, she has a whole new perspective.

I have seen this happen in the Laci Peterson case. Here we go again with the sightings, heart-wrenching storied of others who have lost their children and wrongly targeted by the bad Police.

:rollercoaster:

kcpolice Kansas City Police
We have cleared 934 tips and leads in the Lisa Irwin case. We have received 1059.
5 hours ago

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29612215/detai ... z1c4vqPWj6
<MW>
VIDEO
Oct 28, 2011
24e2is1.png

GMA Exclusive with<MW> who said police interviewed her 4 times and her cell phone received a 50 second phone call allegedly from one of Debi Bradly'ss missing phones.

Her voice.... I dunno about you folks.. but it's SHAKEY, at best.
Arms, crossed.

Swallows, deep.

Why am I late to this video?

Wow,,,Jean Casarez just said that after listening to Gil, she has a whole new perspective.
Yeah, and after talking to Mason, she was sympathetic to the proscecution. This reporter is an emotionally driven person and should not be reporting on these cases.

Let's hear the 911...

I thought it was stated on the news a few days ago that a neighbor was watching the kids while Db and her brother went to the store.

But it was also stated in the People mag timeline that Dad was watching the kids until 5:30, when mom came back from the store. So I am not sure I believe this new info about the neighbor.

ETA: Just heard Jim Spellman on HLN---he said that the neighbor came over at 5 to watch the kids while mom was at store, and father was also home at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm