MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 10/30/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always suspected it might be JJP. :winko: I have no explanation for why I think this but I suspected it from day one.

That would sure explain BS's stressed and flustered reaction in the last interview.

What a way to raise the ratings and I suspect she's smarter than JT and BS. She sure played hardball and caught him off guard the other night.:innocent:

Wasn't it said early on that the benefactor knew the family personally? I would think JJP would be very well versed in law to know that both BS and JT don't have Missouri Licenses.

I don't think anyone wants them to pack up and leave. Some common decency would be nice though. Also doing their job as professionals is in order. (as an example I wouldn't have a job if I were noisy and/or left my cigarette butts everywhere.) I also think they should practice journalism rather than sensationalism, but that's jmo.

ETA and making sure that what they publish is correct would be a good thing too!
And not only all of this, but they are creating dangerous conditions on top. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

No, he's not licensed in MO. He's there to find the truth, no matter where it leads him, blah blah blah. He is there because someone is paying him to be there - IMO, damage control.

Damage control? :floorlaugh: Only if whoever is paying him wanted him to do damage :floorlaugh: Seriously, this guy is NOT doing that family any favors.

Wasn't it said early on that the benefactor knew the family personally? I would think JJP would be very well versed in law to know that both BS and JT don't have Missouri Licenses.
I don't think either BS or JT are there to see this case through to the end. I believe they were hired by the benefactor (media person or someone else wanting fame), to be the latest Jose Baez/Leonard Padilla. IMO, they don't give a damn about finding Lisa, nor representing the parents. It's all about them, the media attention, making a mockery of LE and our justice system. Pretty sad for a missing baby. When is it going to be about finding Baby Lisa? :furious:

Aparently that doesn't matter. When he said, but you're on our....could he have meant team?

I don't know why I feel that way n/t it was just an instinct I had. I could be wrong...I was once before...:innocent:
:floorlaugh:

I don't think either BS or JT are there to see this case through to the end. I believe they were hired by the benefactor (media person or someone else wanting fame), to be the latest Jose Baez/Leonard Padilla. IMO, they don't give a damn about finding Lisa, nor representing the parents. It's all about them, the media attention, making a mockery of LE and our justice system. Pretty sad for a missing baby. When is it going to be about finding Baby Lisa? :furious:

:thumb: I have had the same thought!

Yes. Considering they don't even appear to know who answered MW's phone that was called by the Irwin's phone in the wee hours, and don't seem all that interested in pursuing it, I'd say we're approaching a cold case.

Respectfully, you do not know this about the phone call.

For what little it's worth, I think the police are still working this as hard as they are because they believe they are gonna get a conviction. I suspect that they have enough to begin arresting people now, but are taking their time hoping more evidence (and hopefully Lisa) surfaces.

I don't think anyone wants them to pack up and leave. Some common decency would be nice though. Also doing their job as professionals is in order. (as an example I wouldn't have a job if I were noisy and/or left my cigarette butts everywhere.) I also think they should practice journalism rather than sensationalism, but that's jmo.

ETA and making sure that what they publish is correct would be a good thing too!

Exactly. They can do their job correctly, report accurate news, all without being modsnips. (Thought I would save the mods the works there)

Aparently that doesn't matter. When he said, but you're on our....could he have meant team?

I don't know why I feel that way n/t it was just an instinct I had. I could be wrong...I was once before...:innocent:
:floorlaugh:

Apparently, others share your same instinct. How sad if the only reason would be for ratings and not for this beautiful baby girl. I just don't see JJP doing something like that. I'd like to think there is someone out there who really cares for the family and baby Lisa and put up the reward and hired these 2. Like that guy who donated the billboards. :sigh:

I've been wrong once before also. lol

I have always suspected it might be JJP. :winko: I have no explanation for why I think this but I suspected it from day one.

That would sure explain BS's stressed and flustered reaction in the last interview.

What a way to raise the ratings and I suspect she's smarter than JT and BS. She sure played hardball and caught him off guard the other night.:innocent:

I read it was Diane Sawyer. My guess (and it's just my guess) is it is actually ABC but through her. I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Yes. Considering they don't even appear to know who answered MW's phone that was called by the Irwin's phone in the wee hours, and don't seem all that interested in pursuing it, I'd say we're approaching a cold case.
I'll admit, given my own 'real world' obligations this weekend, I haven't been online as much as usual, so I may have missed the statement by LE that they didn't know who answered MW's phone. Last I saw, an LE 'source' said the phone went to voicemail while a rather nervous MW said she didn't know *anything* about the the call or who answered it, etc. Did LE confirm the call was actually answered? Can I have a link for that, please?

Also, since LE spoke to MW *four* times and brought up the phone call with DB during her interviews...i.e., they were clearly following a lead...have they since backed off of said lead? Has MW come out and said LE told her 'never mind'? Has LE said something to the affect of 'the phone call is a red herring'? Seriously, I'm wondering what I missed. LE has been so incredibly tight with info, and given the little we do know, bits and pieces told us they were VERY interested in the phone AND who used it. So I'm flabbergasted that they suddenly dropped it. Did I miss out on a story by a reputable source, and can someone post a link?

I'll admit, given my own 'real world' obligations this weekend, I haven't been online as much as usual, so I may have missed the statement by LE that they didn't know who answered MW's phone. Last I saw, an LE 'source' said the phone went to voicemail while a rather nervous MW said she didn't know *anything* about the the call or who answered it, etc. Did LE confirm the call was actually answered? Can I have a link for that, please?

Also, since LE spoke to MW *four* times and brought up the phone call with DB during her interviews...i.e., they were clearly following a lead...have they since backed off of said lead? Has MW come out and said LE told her 'never mind'? Has LE said something to the affect of 'the phone call is a red herring'? Seriously, I'm wondering what I missed. LE has been so incredibly tight with info, and given the little we do know, bits and pieces told us they were VERY interested in the phone AND who used it. So I'm flabbergasted that they suddenly dropped it. Did I miss out on a story by a reputable source, and can someone post a link?
JMO and observations...LE has not addressed the MW call in statements to the public. LE has said "squat" about pink-haired girl, that there was a call from a Bradwin phone to her #, and even that she exists. :) Except maybe they were referring to her (and others) when they said they wanted the parents to tell them "who came and went" to their home that day. It seems clear that DB/JI don't want to tell them who came and went. Apparently they were done talking to LE on 10/8 (and it's 10/30 today).

Heck, how long has it been (long) since LE spoke to the public about any investigative details on this case?

It's all going to make so much sense in the trial. :) Unless someone(s) pleads guilty, someone(s) else makes deals, someone(s) tells where Lisa can be found, and there is no trial.

JMO and observations...LE has not addressed the MW call in statements to the public. LE has said "squat" about pink-haired girl, that there was a call from a Bradwin phone to her #, and even that she exists. :) Except maybe they were referring to her (and others) when they said they wanted the parents to tell them "who came and went" to their home that day. It seems clear that DB/JI don't want to tell them who came and went. Apparently they were done talking to LE on 10/8 (and it's 10/30 today).

Heck, how long has it been (long) since LE spoke to the public about any investigative details on this case?

It's all going to make so much sense in the trial. :) Unless someone(s) pleads guilty, someone(s) else makes deals, someone(s) tells where Lisa can be found, and there is no trial.
BBM.

Nah, they are still talking and cooperating to some extent. 10/25:
"Young claims the parents have cooperated and answered other questions, but they have not sufficiently satisfied police demands."
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/237...er-disappearance-yougn-tacopina-short-dia.htm

OTOH- I agree with you completely that there are certain questions that LE wants answered, and they don't seem to feel they were answered honestly yet. Young also said "we need them to sit down apart from each other, with detectives, and answer the tough questions detectives have for them concerning what they may or may not know about anything, who came and went [the night Lisa disappeared]"

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/30/3238986/baby-lisa-irwin-coverage-a-question.html
Disappearance of baby Lisa Irwin captivates, frustrates readers

--snipped---

Last week I appeared on “Up to Date,” a radio show on KCUR hosted by The Kansas City Star’s political correspondent Steve Kraske. One of our topics of conversation was the ongoing media coverage of the disappearance of Lisa Irwin — something readers have been contacting me about often as well.

KCUR’s Sylvia Maria Gross, who was also on the show, made an observation off the air that I think reflects the thoughts of many: “It’s a story that everyone says they’re tired of hearing about, and then everyone goes on to talk about it for 30 minutes.”

The Star’s print edition has carried at least 45 mentions of Baby Lisa as of this writing, and KansasCity.com has featured many more, often incremental updates.

I'm seriously trying not to lose my breakfast. This case feels exactly like the JonBenet Ramsey case and the frustration of the first months.

The police have let people trample over the scene, the cops botched it up, the parents HAVE cooperated, this is being played too much in the media (then what the he(( are you doing on???), on and on. I don't expect interviews until at least January. I expect the Bradwins to sue anyone who mentions either of their sons for any reason.

By the way, Tac isn't a defense attorney for the Bradwins, he's simply acting as a victim's advocate, although he didn't say who the victims are - the Bradwins or baby Lisa.

Why are there two threads for the same topic? Can a mod merge the two?

Why are there two threads for the same topic? Can a mod merge the two?
The mods/admin decided to have a daily MSM thread to collect links for each day's news on this case....with little to no discussion.

We're supposed to take discussions to the appropriate topic threads (or start a new topic thread, if none found). :)

This thread is for links for the 10/30 news, so yes, perhaps some posts need to be moved.

The mods/admin decided to have a daily MSM thread to collect links for each day's news on this case....with little to no discussion.

We're supposed to take discussions to the appropriate topic threads (or start a new topic thread, if none found). :)

This thread is for links for the 10/30 news, so yes, perhaps some posts need to be moved.

Omg, sorry I thought this was for today, since people were posting. xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members