MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a phone is out of service, as DB has claimed, how can it receive voicemail and be checked?

Nat, some carriers you can still get vm even though the phone is out of service. Meaning someone can call you but it'll go straight to vm.

If you would see what I found out when my phone was missing, it would make sense. After I had the phone deactivated, they were still attempting to try stuff and it showed up, even how long they ATTEMPTED.

Did your phone get stolen in the neighborhood too?

I watched the interview. He stated that they had a 3 hour meeting w/ FBI in which they were shown a power point explaining phone activity and pings. Take that for what it is worth. I can't imagine someone (even defense attorney) lying on national media about a 3 hour meeting w/ FBI. We will just have to agree to disagree at this point, I guess. :cow:

A power point presentation made by the FBI isn't the same as the actual phone records obtained by the FBI.

I stand by my opinion that the actual phone records were not shown to the attorneys.

JMO

Attorneys do lie and spin. I doubt the FBI shared any records that the attorneys were unable to obtain on their own.

JMO
I believe the FBI would be able to get much more detail than the average records allow.

If FBI confirms that phones were restricted... I don't think she was pulling it from anywhere. moo :twocents:

There is no confirmation about the 'restricted' cell phones.IMO
I don't think the FBI is going to leak out or announce actual information penitent to a kidnapping case.

A power point presentation made by the FBI isn't the same as the actual phone records obtained by the FBI.

I stand by my opinion that the actual phone records were not shown to the attorneys.

JMO

MYBelle- agreed

I like Jim Spellman alot, but he got that info from MW. I will take FBI records being discussed over MW any day of the week. :twocents:
At least JS explains how he got his answer. NOT an unnamed source. Kudos for that!

My reference was about a redirected call.

When you try to make a call from a restricted phone, it will reroute to the call center and give a message about your phone being restricted. The attempted called going to the call center will show up in the records and will show what number was attempted.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/11...a-disappeared/

transcript of relevant phone info from this interview with JP:

Quote:
MK: as we here at America live reported this week, investigators in this case have told the family that they have phone records proving that even though DB and JI's phones were restricted on the day that the baby went missing, a call was at least attempted at 11:57pm on DB's phone that night. That's the time in which DB told investigators she was sleeping. That call went to the phone of a woman named MW, who lives in a questionable house, and who tells police and other that she does not know DB or her husband JI, and says she did not get any call or voicemail. Now, we here at America Live are learning that at 3:17 am and at 3:32am that same night, someone tried to access DB's voicemail on DB's phone. Someone also tried to use the internet on that phone repeatedly. Joining me Live now, for the first time, the attorney for the Irwin family, John Picerno. These events are starting to create a timeline that you believe could support an intruder theory. Tell us why.
[ posted by InDaMiddle}
============================================================================

IMO, this does not necessarily support a 'stranger' abduction theory. I mean, why would a stranger care about DB's Voice mails?

Ok, dont tear me apart...
so in the stranger abduction theory, if someone were to attempt to listen to DB/ JI's VM and access the internet via her phone, is it possible they were trying to see if she was hiding a relationship that he/ she suspected and wanted revenge against?
I have thought DB could have easily been trying to track JI down...calling random numbers and or checking the voicemail on his phone...the one that she told him she needed to use in order to program their contacts into the borrowed phone.

Why are we to believe that she wasn't the one walking around with one of those phones, trying to piggyback onto somone's open or unsecure wireless connection?

JI had to know that leaving a voicemail message for her would be useless if she had limited or no access to retrieve such messages. Why are we to believe that she wasn't trying to get onto some open wifi so she could check her messages?

On the phone scenario...

I have wi-fi calling enabled on my phone that I use in case I have a poor internet signal (I have no 4g where I am so it's sloooowwww) or calling signal, I can make calls through my wireless at home or connect to it to use my mobile web.

Is it possible someone was accessing the internet or a wi-fi connection to make calls thinking they could not be traced if wi-fi calling was used?

A very grey area, yes there are apps being used over wifi and 3G allowing texting and voip type calls over SOME phones.

WiFi calling is extremely sketchy on tracking since many users do not secure their networks. Some people regularly use anothers WiFi connection to use while sitting outside in their car. (example)

Some info:

Description

Cheap calls using MobileVOIP over 3G or Wifi!

Call for free: The MobileVOIP dialer lets you make cheap calls to national or international destinations. MobileVOIP is the best Android voip solution; save on your mobile phone costs right away, by using this Mobile voip (MVoIP) cheap calls app! MobileVOIP offers free 3G calls or WiFi calls for Android, Symbian and iPhone users!

I'm unsure of the ability to trace WiFi/3G phone calling. I do know some technology exist which can't be discussed about hardware but I don't know what that technology is. Basiclly

I'm aware of a new company that allows phone calls over WiFi and if moving out of WiFi switches to cell. It all seems to be based on VOIP type technology or voice over internet.

The key words are that the FBI has records of phone calls.

It was DB and JI who early on insisted any call was impossible because the phones didn't have service. Lying to a federal officer is a federal crime.

JMO

How exactly did they lie if the calls were restricted?

Didn't JI know that phones were restricted and his call would be rerouted to the service center, so DB was never going to get his call?

From what I understand... He had his work phone. According to some here, different carriers have different restrictions on incoming calls vs outgoing calls. I don't know.

The key words are that the FBI has records of phone calls.

It was DB and JI who early on insisted any call was impossible because the phones didn't have service. Lying to a federal officer is a federal crime.

JMO

Okay. So what did they lie about? They said the phones were restricted, the lawyers say they were restricted and the FBI said they were restricted.
Where are you getting that they lied about it?

Edited to add: An attempted phone call that is going out will automatically go to the call center. It will show up on the phone records as a record of phone calls.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/11...a-disappeared/

transcript of relevant phone info from this interview with JP:

Quote:
MK: as we here at America live reported this week, investigators in this case have told the family that they have phone records proving that even though DB and JI's phones were restricted on the day that the baby went missing, a call was at least attempted at 11:57pm on DB's phone that night. That's the time in which DB told investigators she was sleeping. That call went to the phone of a woman named MW, who lives in a questionable house, and who tells police and other that she does not know DB or her husband JI, and says she did not get any call or voicemail. Now, we here at America Live are learning that at 3:17 am and at 3:32am that same night, someone tried to access DB's voicemail on DB's phone. Someone also tried to use the internet on that phone repeatedly. Joining me Live now, for the first time, the attorney for the Irwin family, John Picerno. These events are starting to create a timeline that you believe could support an intruder theory. Tell us why.
[ posted by InDaMiddle}
============================================================================

IMO, this does not necessarily support a 'stranger' abduction theory. I mean, why would a stranger care about DB's Voice mails?

So. Does that phone, in fact, have internet access when the service is paid? If not, it seems that was ABSOLUTELY not DB. I don't have internet access on my phone, but you don't see me trying to access the internet on it, either. If someone stole it, they would attempt.

Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member