MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/11/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? Who was she paying, then, for the internet access, if not the phone company?

If a phone has wifi capabilities, you can pick up the internet in any wifi hotspot or a close neighbor that doesn't password their network, even if it's not registered with a carrier yet.

I think there is confusion on the board about naming a "suspect" vs. suspecting the parents are guilty.

Different laws come into place when they are named suspects. So, LE is not at this point willing to call them that. At that point, they would have to allow her attorney's access to their investigation, and they don't want to do that.

That doesn't mean they are not in face, strongly suspected by LE of committing this crime.

And actually, I believe they said they view them as suspects to the attorneys. Just what I believe, based on things.

TY for your thoughtful response. :)

AND, why would JI leave a voice mail for her knowing that she had no way to retrieve it?

BS said that the interruption in service happened on the afternoon, but wouldn't give an exact time, on Oct.3rd...so maybe Jeremy wasn't aware at that time.

Picerno has already said that JI tried to call DB and it did not go to VM... it went to Verizon's message saying it wasn't operable. I don't believe that, but we'll see (hopefully, one day).

Then...JI didn't know that the phones were restricted? :waitasec:

Why exactly did JI leave his personal phone home that night...IF he did, in fact, leave it home?

Also from my link:

He said that if the police wish to ask specific questions, both he and Joe Tacopina are open to taking the questions and relaying them to the parents.

Young replied, "I don't think it works that way."

Taking questions and relaying them to parents? :floorlaugh:

TY SY!

What a circus!

If a phone has wifi capabilities, you can pick up the internet in any wifi hotspot or a close neighbor that doesn't password their network, even if it's not registered with a carrier yet.

Even if your phone doesn't have service, i.e., you can't make a call on it, but you can surf the net on it?

(I'm asking because I really don't know).

Are you sure? Who was she paying, then, for the internet access, if not the phone company?

Her son told her a friend gave him the phone. She got the number off the phone and called the company and they told her it had been reported stolen. The owner of the phone had it turned off, of course. My friend asked them if the phone could STILL go online even when it was shut off, and they said yes. Her son was accessing the Internet by using their HOME Internet WiFi.

.....or be interested in Deb's voicemail and KNOW her password to get into it?

Not all phones require a PIN or password to access voicemail. I've had four people in my family and we've all had cell phones for the past five years. Despite all the different upgrades, never once, in all the phones we've had, did you have to have any kind of code to access voicemail.

This.

last chance for phone conversation to go to the phone thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153145"]Missing Cell Phones #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Picerno said that Lisa's parents have participated in over 30 hours of interviewing and, "At this point, there's nothing more to be said." He said that if the police wish to ask specific questions, both he and Joe Tacopina are open to taking the questions and relaying them to the parents.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...attorneys-claim/story?id=14931954#.Tr2h_0NTl9

I would love to have heard the tone of voice when he said that.

Picerno said that Lisa's parents have participated in over 30 hours of interviewing and, "At this point, there's nothing more to be said." He said that if the police wish to ask specific questions, both he and Joe Tacopina are open to taking the questions and relaying them to the parents.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...attorneys-claim/story?id=14931954#.Tr2h_0NTl9

Maybe we could refer him to Sky Metalwala's LE team. Uh, yessir, it DOES work that way. It does get a little in the way of powerful interrogation tools, though. Like, you can't rely on the attorney to stand over their client and shout the question in the client's face for a couple hours, or make them sit in cold rooms on uncomfortable chairs while they pass the question along.

None of the phones in my family are set up with an access code. You can, but you have to go in and physically set it up. We have not done this. We can;t assume it needed an access code. If it did, it does not say that it was achieved as in they did not necessarily have the code. It would still log as an attempt.

Somebody was discussing access codes today. I thought it was Picerno. I'd have to go back and listen.

.....or be interested in Deb's voicemail and KNOW her password to get into it?

If I call my voicemail from MY phone, I don't need my password. I only need the password if I were to call from a different phone. Plus, all I have to do to call my voicemail is to push the voicemail button, although I just checked and *86 works too.

So, anyone who had my phone in their hand could check my voicemail in a New York minute. (Not that they would find anything there - I don't use my cellphone much ;) )

30 hours is nothing when a baby is missing for a FREAKIN MONTH. aruggggg

Why would the FBI have a powerpoint presentation for the attorneys for the family anyway? IMO, this doesn't make sense on so many levels. I didn't actually hear either attorney say this, but I've seen it on many posts here.

jimspellmancnn jim spellman
Ballon release coming #babylisa campl.us/gK8A
2 minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads