MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police say they have run out of places to look for a Kansas City baby who disappeared from her crib more than five weeks ago and whose first birthday is Friday, but the hunt for Lisa Irwin continues behind the scenes.

The frantic search that began when Lisa was reported missing Oct. 4 has morphed into a less visible review of evidence. Investigators have received 1,271 tips and cleared 966 of them. Law enforcement officers initially combed the neighborhood, nearby wooded areas, industrial sites and landfills but those searches ended weeks ago. Police said that doesn't mean the investigation has lost its steam.

and another snip

"I'm not saying they're not cooperating," he said. "They have met some of our needs. What I've been talking about specifically is sitting down, separate from each other, to be interviewed by detectives. In regard to that, no, that hasn't happen since the 8th of October."

more at link

((morning peeps!!!!))

http://www.news-leader.com/article/...lice-Hunt-Kansas-City-baby-Lisa-not-out-steam

DB admitted she was accused. They even went as far as telling her Lisa was dead and showed her burnt clothing.

IIRC - this information came from DB not LE. So I take it with the biggest grain of salt possible. (Translation: I don't believe it for a nanosecond.)

i thought it was interesting that during the GMA interview Joe T said that there were clothes found in the dumpster. take that as you will. i'm not sure that can be considered "confirmed"

i thought it was interesting that during the GMA interview Joe T said that there were clothes found in the dumpster. take that as you will. i'm not sure that can be considered "confirmed"

Baby clothes?

So now it's 19 hours? Before it was said to be 11 hours, and then 40 hours. *sigh*

19, 11 or 40.. To me that is not enough time when your child is missing and then to want to pick and choose what questions you answer is absurd to me. I bet every suspect would want something like that. Where do they get off thinking they can pick and choose the questions? These parents are very strange to me.

I guess the boys truly are braver than their parents right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they have been interviewed separately yesterday, something their parents seemingly can't handle.

Regardless of that; if they have to go through that, surely the parents can as well.

All my opinion :twocents:

Wasn't that all in the very beginning, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it said that they were questioned for 11 hours at one sitting in the very beginning?

Lots changed since those first days of questioning and it's DB who changed it.

I sure can understand the need for more questions and the need to question them about it seperately.

JMHO

Yes it was at the very beginning as far as I know and DB was being accused. They lawyered up and now the cops want to question them separately. I honestly don't think LE would get anything from these re-interviews with an attorney present.

Would LE show evidence (if any) at this stage? I don't think so.

Perhaps they went about it the wrong way at the beginning and perhaps we wouldn't be where we are today. They may have had enough to make an arrest or they would've cleared the parents and moved on with the investigation.

in the gma interview i also thought it was interesting that he gave 11:57 as the time of the phonecall. no mention of Dane, just that the call was made to MW. mentioned that MW is Jersey's ex.

:waitasec: I thought Joe wasn't going to do anymore interviews.

yep, he did say that. i don't think he said "ever again" though. jmo

eta: i actually have been looking for a link to that statement and i've googled to no avail, could someone help me out with that?

Friday marked the first birthday for Lisa Irwin, the Kansas City baby who has been missing for more than a month.
Various social networking sites reported that a birthday party would be held for Lisa at her home on North Lister Avenue at 9:30 a.m. but those reports could not be confirmed by KMBC 9 News.
A statement from the attorneys representing the Irwin family was expected to be released later in the day.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29743218/detail.html#ixzz1dPAx2muD

also... live blog is back up

OT and I apologize in advance. Do we have a forum up for little Sky Metalwala who is missing from WA state. I get lost around here and cant find anything (and dont know if I will be able to find my way back here either, ugh).. TIA

yep, he did say that. i don't think he said "ever again" though. jmo

eta: i actually have been looking for a link to that statement and i've googled to no avail, could someone help me out with that?

Posted: Nov 01, 2011 3:57 PM EDT
Updated: Nov 01, 2011 5:20 PM EDT

Neither Mr. Picerno nor I will be fielding any further press inquiries at this time. There will also be no further comments made to the media by either the attorneys, the investigators, or the family. That would include no other "media house tours" or "press conferences". This standing position may change at any moment as developments occur.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15927416/tacopina-announces-new-local-counsel-in-baby-lisa-case

That statement was only 10 days ago, FWIW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810