MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/14/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly how did we find out that MW even existed? LE release her name and location??

Considering LE whether all this stuff she's saying is true - that they told her about the number on Deborah's hand, that Dane answered the phone, that they've talked to Dane but he's now missing . . . do you think she'd be dumb enough to come out in the public media with absolute lies?

I really can't see that happening, at all.

BBM: IMO ... it is a "possibility" ... and IMO, from what we have seen so far, NO ONE from this "cast of characters" have any "credibility" whatsoever ... MOO ...

:twocents: Here's my :twocents:

LE comes knocking at your door about a "mysterious" phone call to your cell phone -- which cell phone call came the same night from the phone of a parent whose baby goes "missing" ...

So you talk to LE ... BUT ... you do NOT have to talk to reporters and the media. Even if you are NOT involved, WHY talk to the media ? For your 15 minutes ? To "throw" someone else "under the bus" ?

IMO ... I still believe that there is some sort of "connection" between MW and DB, JI and/or PN ...

MOO ...

I actually think MW is trying to do the right thing by turning to the media. She puts herself out there to try to try to force more people to speak openly. Plus, she gives herself a bit of safety in that if she suddenly "goes missing" a lot of people would know about it. I think she is completely innocent in relation Baby Lisa. And she probably also feels responsibility that her phone and ultimately, she, have been implicated.

JMO

I agree with you up to the "innocent" part. Just as I can't make an opinion on the family, I can't make an opinion on her. We need evidence. We need LE to talk.

And, I think it was Jeanna who brought up that LE really does have a responsibility to talk to the public. All crimes committed (except torts) are against "society" not against the individual (seriously - it may not seem fair, but that's the way our legal system is designed). So, they should be required to give the public some information. And not the BS they have been giving out.

Do we know that the Dad (or phone owner) didn't give her a phone that was active? I know that if my child were without a phone, I would give her a working one of mine so she would have an emergency phone, until she could get service back. Maybe it was a prepaid with some minutes left? Who knows?

Good point - my understanding was that it was an old phone of the grandfathers that wasn't being used....but you could be right.

I agree nobody deserves it, but she created a FB page, inviting the public to comment. How does 'speaking to the media' clear her name? The only people she should be concerned with in that regard is LE and according to her, she spoke with them 4 times.

If DB had done the same thing (create a FB page to 'clear her name') I can only imagine what kind of threats she would get.

Moral of the story, if you don't want the attention on you, don't shine the spotlight on yourself.

I WISH DB would talk to the media! I wish she would start a Facebook page, begging for her daughter to be returned!

Everyone here was trying to get information on MW, the phone call, she comes out and speaks, now she is the bad guy. :waitasec:

BTW, the phone didn't make it beyond a 1/3 of a mile, yet the blob/man walking down the street walks for hours and hours. :innocent:

I think if LE thought MW's missing roomate was directly responsible for BL's disappearance that they would have his mug all over the news. I sort of think he might have info, though, and they dont want to scare away a good witness. KWIM?

I guess "no comment" isn't in her vocabulary.....she wanted her 15 minutes and the chance to toss Jersey under the bus. I think she very well knows who DB and JI are. or, one of their family members or friends. As with the couple who saw a man carrying a baby, the new neighbor who came to smoke with the "mom", the neighbor who seemingly is all into Jerseys' business, motorcyle man, the soon to be ex of DB's drinking buddy.....IMO, LE has moved on. Interesting cast of characters and manna for the defense spin....but, the focus is still on DB and JI. No matter how many wish it away......MOO

I agree nobody deserves it, but she created a FB page, inviting the public to comment. How does 'speaking to the media' clear her name? The only people she should be concerned with in that regard is LE and according to her, she spoke with them 4 times.

If DB had done the same thing (create a FB page to 'clear her name') I can only imagine what kind of threats she would get.

Moral of the story, if you don't want the attention on you, don't shine the spotlight on yourself.

Personally, I am so grateful when witnesses in the public come forward and are willing to help clear up confusion in the public about a case in the media.

I can think of innumerable people throughout different hot cases who have been willing to step forward and be heard, even though they themselves face ridicule.

Helpful.

I agree with you up to the "innocent" part. Just as I can't make an opinion on the family, I can't make an opinion on her. We need evidence. We need LE to talk.

And, I think it was Jeanna who brought up that LE really does have a responsibility to talk to the public. All crimes committed (except torts) are against "society" not against the individual (seriously - it may not seem fair, but that's the way our legal system is designed). So, they should be required to give the public some information. And not the BS they have been giving out.

BS?? Because it doesn't implicate someone other than darling Deb?? LE are NOT required to compromise an ongoing investigation just to entertain the public. Unlike the media and defense posse and DB and JI, LE is trying to find Lisa. They leave the "fun" stuff for people like MW and JT, etc.

We need evidence. We need LE to talk.

At this point in the game, LE knows nothing or knows a lot more than we can imagine. And, I imagine, if LE DOES know something they aren't going to tell the public -- way too many characters are splitting -- most definitely considered "flight risks".

PS- I do not see DG coming forward. I do see DG being tracked down.

PPS- I never imagined that MW would take off from the area either.

Hmmmmm. I must have missed that. If that's true then I am not sure how much credit to give her. I don't need a link, but do you recall if that was direct quotes or media <ehem> spin?

She said it directly in IIRC the first video interview......no clue at all where that link might be now.

BS?? Because it doesn't implicate someone other than darling Deb?? LE are NOT required to compromise an ongoing investigation just to entertain the public. Unlike the media and defense posse and DB and JI, LE is trying to find Lisa. They leave the "fun" stuff for people like MW and JT, etc.

"Darling Deb"? I have never heard anyone call her that (well, except you), and I have never heard anyone even say anything particularly nice about her. In FACT, I have a real suspicion that I would not like her if I knew her in real life. But that has nothing to do with it. There is no known EVIDENCE pointing to her guilt. None. LE may have it, but we sure don't.

And, entertaining the public is not what is being referred to. The public has a right to know if there are dangerous criminals lurking around. I understand that LE doesn't want to tell anything at all, but the public has the right to know things that affect society in general.

First of all, they don't want to scare him off. Secondly, they don't want to give the perception of implicating him. There's no warrant for him in relation to this.

To be honest, this gives me a sense that they (LE) really don't have a whole lot to go on at this point. It's over a month and they are now making statements to the press that they are still trying to reach out for people. Not a good sign.

"Darling Deb"? I have never heard anyone call her that (well, except you), and I have never heard anyone even say anything particularly nice about her. In FACT, I have a real suspicion that I would not like her if I knew her in real life. But that has nothing to do with it. There is no known EVIDENCE pointing to her guilt. None. LE may have it, but we sure don't.

And, entertaining the public is not what is being referred to. The public has a right to know if there are dangerous criminals lurking around. I understand that LE doesn't want to tell anything at all, but the public has the right to know things that affect society in general.

BBM that is what makes me even more convinced that LE believe DB and JI are guilty. I believe if they were looking for dangerous criminals the public WOULD know. MOO

I'm not the person that you were questioning, but it's rather obvious that LE and the FBI feel that he could be somehow involved, they are looking for him.

I was questioning a poster who stated Dane is CLEARLY involved.

If LE had evidence that there was a dangerous criminal on the loose regarding this case, and that others in the public could be in danger, no doubt they would say something. The fact that they haven't implies there's no dangerous criminal running loose. None that they have evidence of anyway.

LE isn't going to tell the public everything they have, nor should they. There's lots of possible reasons for it, like alerting a perp, giving away too much lets those involved get a head up.

JMHO

BBM that is what makes me even more convinced that LE believe DB and JI are guilty. I believe if they were looking for dangerous criminals the public WOULD know. MOO

Because I honestly don't know, did LE alert the public about dangerous criminals in the Smart and Lunsford abductions?

To be honest, this gives me a sense that they (LE) really don't have a whole lot to go on at this point. It's over a month and they are now making statements to the press that they are still trying to reach out for people. Not a good sign.

I agree, but I'm hopeful the puzzle is getting pieced together.

She said it directly in IIRC the first video interview......no clue at all where that link might be now.

Here's the link to the article and first video. She doesn't make any mention in here of her contact with that neighborhood, from what I can tell.

Or at any rate, there isn't a denial that she's only been there once . . . I don't remember where the information came from, of her connection to that area that we've discussed here before.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15919668/womans-cell-phone-connected-to-search-for-missing-baby

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking
Back