MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/23/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He said he is not a suspect. Unfortunately, there's not an exact quote but the headline is accurate according to the reporter who spoke to him. :)
But he is also a public defender defending the tampering charges. He has not been hired to speak for him in regards to this case because no charges have been filed. He can only speak of the tampering charges. Public defenders do not (can't?) speak for charges not yet filed.

He said he is not a suspect. Unfortunately, there's not an exact quote but the headline is accurate according to the reporter who spoke to him. :)

I wonder if he got this from LE, or is this just his opinion?

But he is also a public defender defending the tampering charges. He has not been hired to speak for him in regards to this case because no charges have been filed. He can only speak of the tampering charges. Public defenders do not (can't?) speak for charges not yet filed.

My experience has been once a public defender is assigned to a defendant that they represent them on all "current" matters unless it's a death penalty case and you need a public defender who handles death penalty cases.

The guy who killed my friend faced charges for assaulting an officer and stealing that had nothing to do with my friend's murder. The same public defender represented him because they all occurred within six weeks of each other. If Tanko was facing other charges or could have information on other crimes that his cooperation could be part of a plea deal ....is something that would have to be disclosed to Tanko's attorney.

snipped from : http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/22/3281893/kc-police-disband-baby-lisa-command.html#ixzz1eYcUtzkP

Kansas City police have shut down the command post where investigators had been working exclusively on the Lisa Irwin case.

IMO ... this "confirms" that DB and JI are NOT cooperating with LE and will NOT be cooperating with LE in the future ...

IMO ... LE knows WHO is responsible for the "disappearance" of Baby Lisa and that DB and JI will not be aiding LE in any way, whatsoever, in the future as they have "lawyered up" ...

And ... it is very difficult to "charge" someone if you do not have a "body" ... unless Baby Lisa is found, IMO this case will go "cold" ...

This is so sad ... this poor baby ...

MOO ...

BBM What is the logic there?

My experience has been once a public defender is assigned to a defendant that they represent them on all "current" matters unless it's a death penalty case and you need a public defender who handles death penalty cases.

The guy who killed my friend faced charges for assaulting an officer and stealing that had nothing to do with my friend's murder. The same public defender represented him because they all occurred within six weeks of each other. If Tanko was facing other charges or could have information on other crimes that his cooperation could be part of a plea deal ....is something that would have to be disclosed to Tanko's attorney.
Could be, but why in the world, if that is what was actually said, was it left out of the story? That seems like an awful big part of the story to me. I am not comfortable with a reporter that says that, but wont print that but I am supposed to take it as fact.

It, to me, is just another story with a sensational headline with no info to back it up.

Could be, but why in the world, if that is what was actuallysaid, was it left out of the story? That seems like an awful big part of the story to me. I am not comfortable with a reporter that says that, but wont print that but I am supposed to take it as fact.

def. shoddy reporting

Sad in such an important case and they wonder why the parents went national.

Jersey was in court today (I think KCTV5 was only media in court today). His attorney says he is not a suspect in the disappearance of baby Lisa.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16112553/attorney-says-tanko-not-suspect-in-baby-lisa-case

Sorry, I read this a couple of times (hard day today) and I still don't see where he says he is NOT a suspect??

But his public defender, Horton Lance, said he is not treating his client as a suspect in the disappearance of baby Lisa and he has received no indication otherwise from police.

It's all and good that his lawyer isn't treating him as a suspect, but it doesn't mean he isn't one. The police haven't given any indication of ANYTHING regarding the disappearance of Lisa.

One way of reading this reporters article could be that PD Horten Lance believes personally that Jersey is not a suspect and that police never contacted him and said that they consider him a suspect.

Poor reporting if readers have to guess or surmise what the reporter is trying to convey. JMO.

But his public defender, Horton Lance, said he is not treating his client as a suspect in the disappearance of baby Lisa and he has received no indication otherwise from police.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16112553/attorney-says-tanko-not-suspect-in-baby-lisa-case

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back