MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/9/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think more concerning is how these mothers are able to dispose of their babies/children without a trace. (If one believes the mother is involved).

A police spokeswoman said today that police have received more than 11-hundred tips and have cleared nearly a thousand. But she said the number of calls to police has recently tapered off. She said the nature of the investigation hasn't changed, and that police continue to search for the baby. The spokeswoman said up to 50 detectives continue to work on the case and there are no suspects.

This link
http://articles.kspr.com/2011-11-04/kansas-city-police_30362068

LE has not named any suspects........we go through this with every case when it is SO obvious WHO LE is watching.

I think there are two aspects - the structure of the legal system (I agree with all you said in that regard) and our moral responsibility and natural inclination as parents to do everything humanly possibly to save a child that is taken from us. Those two aspects don't always mesh, so we have to prioritize.

I'd defend til blue in the face someone's right to exercise constitutional protections, but I wouldn't necessarily feel like it was always the moral or responsible thing to do, especially when there is a totally helpless child at the mercy of such decisions.

I agree, it's ethically wrong. Ultimately I'm convinced it's either in fear for their other kids and Lisa, or guilt that keeps them listening to their attorney on the matter. I think there are valid reasons an innocent parent would listen to their attorney on the matter, and obvious reasons a guilty parent would.

So, yesterday was a media blitz of sorts...giving us Shane & Dane and the MW interviews and verbal vomit across the national media and FB. Then, we get this convoluted statement from a new "spokesperson" for the office of the prosecutor... and a message from KCPD that they are communicating with Lisa's parents on when/where/how to re-interview the boys.

The timing in this case is "whack."

I don't know what they think their rights are. This conversation came up it was mentioned that the parents shouldn't dictate the investigation, which this shouldn't. But I don't know if I agree with giving LE free reign to the children without the parents say in it.

I agree. You know, i am on the fence. But a big issue i am having about the boys not being interview again is this. Those boys have expierenced something at such a young age, that I as an adult have never been through. IF Lisa was truely kidnapped, and that is what the boys believe, then the thought that someone took my baby sister while i was asleep, and mom and dad didn't know that someone came into the house and took her, could be a super scary thing for a child to process. They are probably asking a million questions, scared to death, thinking they are going to be kidnapped next. I can fully understand the parents not allowing LE full access to the children, haven't they been through enough?

The interviewing of my children will be on my terms.

thats JMO

I don't think its unreasonable for me personally to consider the parents as unnamed suspects when LE has not stated they were cleared.

A current trend of LE is to openly state there are no POI's/suspects however, imo, this does not automatically absolve every human being on the planet of wrong doing either. I kinda lean towards they're a suspect until they aren't mentality. JMO

LE has not named any suspects........we go through this with every case when it is SO obvious WHO LE is watching.

Really? With the "characters" in this case, I wouldn't dismiss LE focusing on others as well as the parents. Perhaps that is one of the reasons they haven't been able to declare a POI or a suspect in this case. Of course, initially the mom was their focus and they went as far as accusing her but I wonder if they regret that now.

Sadly, like Haleigh Cummings case, we'll probably have many of these characters in prison at some point without a resolution to the whereabouts of the child.

Perhaps the spokesperson is right. It may take years for this case like so many others to be solved, if ever.

If a stranger is involved, forget about it.

ugh.....we are talking in circles and going no where...we need NEWS.

I don't think its unreasonable for me personally to consider the parents as unnamed suspects when LE has not stated they were cleared.

A current trend of LE is to openly state there are no POI's/suspects however, imo, this does not automatically absolve every human being on the planet of wrong doing either. I kinda lean towards they're a suspect until they aren't mentality. JMO

I agree, but because they haven't named them as either, it does legally hamstring LE to what they can and cannot do as far as questioning. I don't necessarily like it either that they have full say on what and what not to answer but if LE really does not believe them, they need to work hard to find probably cause to charge them with something. Then they can ask them whatever they want.

ugh.....we are talking in circles and going no where...we need NEWS.

It's true. I'm just throwing around attitude and talking about cabbage worms today. Time for me to get some fresh air.

Call me if anything develops, I'll be out on the porch snuggling kittens. :)

I agree, but because they haven't named them as either, it does legally hamstring LE to what they can and cannot do as far as questioning. I don't necessarily like it either that they have full say on what and what not to answer but if LE really does not believe them, they need to work hard to find probably cause to charge them with something. Then they can ask them whatever they want.

Yes but they don't have to answer even one question. And THAT is what is wrong with the whole "rights" argument IMO.

I agree, it's ethically wrong. Ultimately I'm convinced it's either in fear for their other kids and Lisa, or guilt that keeps them listening to their attorney on the matter. I think there are valid reasons an innocent parent would listen to their attorney on the matter, and obvious reasons a guilty parent would.
Fear for their other kids?? Why would being questioned by a professional trained to work with kids cause them fear? If it were me, my fear would be that I'd never see my baby again. That would take precedence over anything else at this point.

I agree. You know, i am on the fence. But a big issue i am having about the boys not being interview again is this. Those boys have expierenced something at such a young age, that I as an adult have never been through. IF Lisa was truely kidnapped, and that is what the boys believe, then the thought that someone took my baby sister while i was asleep, and mom and dad didn't know that someone came into the house and took her, could be a super scary thing for a child to process. They are probably asking a million questions, scared to death, thinking they are going to be kidnapped next. I can fully understand the parents not allowing LE full access to the children, haven't they been through enough?

The interviewing of my children will be on my terms.

thats JMO
BBM, hasn't Lisa been through enough? The boys will need counseling whether they are questioned or not. IMO, asking them about the night could be good for them, they may feel they are getting a chance to "help". I don't think the questioning would add any additional harm, the harm has already been done.

BBM, hasn't Lisa been through enough? The boys will need counseling whether they are questioned or not. IMO, asking them about the night could be good for them, they may feel they are getting a chance to "help". I don't think the questioning would add any additional harm, the harm has already been done.

They've been questioned once already, when it was closer in time and memory was more fresh.

IMO if there was probable cause, there would be no option of questioning. They would be brought in.

once they have an attorney (which they do) I do not believe the police can bring them in and question them (probable cause or not). According to LE they still are not cooperating in answering questions.

probable cause has to do with search warrants

jmhoo:twocents:

I don't know what they think their rights are. This conversation came up it was mentioned that the parents shouldn't dictate the investigation, which this shouldn't. But I don't know if I agree with giving LE free reign to the children without the parents say in it.

I'd never give them free reign, but I can't imagine any reason I wouldn't allow a cheek swab in my presence.

As far as interviews, I certainly wouldn't want to cause any trauma to my children, but I'd have to weigh that possibility against the cold hard fact that the life of another of my children is in danger. So long as the interviews were conducted by professionals - a psychologist or specially trained LE child interviewer - I think I'd allow it. I don't see how I could live with myself if I denied my missing child the opportunity for the discovery of information that might lead to her safe return.

They've been questioned once already, when it was closer in time and memory was more fresh.

Well apparently those few minuted were not sufficient. They need to be questioned by professionals trained in this type of questioning. They also need counseling, imo. But I guess it's more important for them to be shown on GMA trick or treating.

ARG - the only comments I want to read right now is that somebody saw DB with that baby on Mon - somebody at the school or bus stop? walking in the neighborhood? outside playing in the yard? @Jim Spellman FIND somebody who saw DB with that baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member