Found Deceased MT - Katelynn Berry, 26, last seen @ home, suspicious, Sidney, 21 Dec 2021 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Richland County Sheriff's Office reports missing Montana woman (kxnet.com)

Missing-woman.png

The Richland County Sheriff’s Office reports that 26-year-old Montana woman Katelynn Berry was reported missing Friday morning.
  • In a Facebook post, the Sidney PD said that those who reported her missing last saw her on Dec. 21, 2021 at her home south of Sidney, Montana.
  • She doesn’t have a vehicle and is known to walk away from her residence.
  • LE say they found her cell phone inside her home Dec. 29, 2021.
  • Katelynn is 5’4″tall, has a slender build, with green eyes and brown hair.
Contact the Richland County Sheriff’s Office at 406-433-2919 or the Sidney Police Department at 406-433-2210 with any information.

Katelynn Berry Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Berry’s mother, Mattison, told Inforum.com that Berry may have “walked a couple blocks to the nearby truck stop in Sidney” as she has done before. She said that, while there is no evidence of foul play, the family has not ruled it out.

according to Berry’s family, “nothing was missing from Berry’s home. They found her jacket, cell phone, wallet and other personal belongings.”

Between midnight and 8:30 a.m. is when Berry might have gone missing. She had contact with individuals on December 23 and 24. There was a text message sent out from her phone, the sheriff said. He said he wasn’t sure if it was by her or someone else.

Authorities had contact with the last person she texted and are reaching out to other people she may have had contact with before December 23.

The text went out sometime after midnight on December 30, 2021, and then the activity ended, the show revealed.

The sheriff revealed there have been searched by helicopter and foot, and authorities are considering it both a criminal investigation and just a search for a missing person because if it becomes criminal, they don’t want to have missed anything.

The sheriff acknowledged it’s possibly Berry just walked away, but he said that Berry would probably have reached out to her parents so they wouldn’t be going through so much turmoil, saying she is from a “loving and caring family.”

He noted that she is on medication that she needs to take and doesn’t have a car.

Mattison confirmed that the cold weather was hindering search efforts. She confirmed that Berry liked to walk a lot. If she left her house, they’re hoping something didn’t happen to her on a walk.

Berry has ties to Grand Forks, her mother said. She grew up there and attended school there through her high school years.

Family members said authorities pinged her cell phone and found it in her apartment with her wallet and money. All of her personal belongings, including her coat, were there, but Berry was missing.

Would love to know more about the text(s). It's hard to believe she would walk to the truck stop after midnight without her phone, let alone her wallet and coat. The high temperature that day was 19 degrees! And what reason to go there without her wallet? :confused: MOO

Sidney, MT Weather History | Weather Underground

I agree. I think it's more likely someone came and picked her up. Hopefully they have her best interests in mind and she will eventually show up safe and sound.

This case is extremely close to home. I live 45 minutes from Sidney, just across the border in North Dakota and everyone is watching this case. The windchills have been -40° for the past several days and they are calling for more snow tomorrow. I am praying she is found safe before then.

Would love to know more about the text(s). It's hard to believe she would walk to the truck stop after midnight without her phone, let alone her wallet and coat. The high temperature that day was 19 degrees! And what reason to go there without her wallet? :confused: MOO

Sidney, MT Weather History | Weather Underground
Unfortunately, in my opinion the "meds" she was required to take may have been for her mental well-being. I can't think of any reason she would leave that late, in Montana, in the winter, without a coat if she was in the proper frame of mind. Here's hoping she went to a friends and is somewhere warm.

Criminal investigation opened into disappearance of Grand Forks prosecutor’s daughter

Law enforcement officials have opened a criminal investigation into the disappearance of a 26-year-old woman from Sidney, Montana, who was reported missing on Dec. 31.

Law enforcement decided to begin a criminal investigation, on top of treating her disappearance as a missing person case, because it’s “suspicious” that no one has heard from her or knows her location, and when authorities searched her apartment they found her cell phone and winter jacket — items she is not likely to leave behind, said Richland County Sheriff John Dynneson. Police had not identified any suspects as of Monday night, Jan. 3.

Berry’s father told Forum News Service his daughter usually stayed close to the apartment he built for her next to his workshop. She did not work a job, drive a vehicle or drink alcohol, and she has struggled with mental health issues in the past, her father said. Much of her time was spent listening to music, drawing and hanging out with friends, he noted.

A

Criminal investigation opened into disappearance of Grand Forks prosecutor’s daughter

Law enforcement officials have opened a criminal investigation into the disappearance of a 26-year-old woman from Sidney, Montana, who was reported missing on Dec. 31.

Law enforcement decided to begin a criminal investigation, on top of treating her disappearance as a missing person case, because it’s “suspicious” that no one has heard from her or knows her location, and when authorities searched her apartment they found her cell phone and winter jacket — items she is not likely to leave behind, said Richland County Sheriff John Dynneson. Police had not identified any suspects as of Monday night, Jan. 3.

Berry’s father told Forum News Service his daughter usually stayed close to the apartment he built for her next to his workshop. She did not work a job, drive a vehicle or drink alcohol, and she has struggled with mental health issues in the past, her father said. Much of her time was spent listening to music, drawing and hanging out with friends, he noted.

A
Good to hear about these agencies involved. Let's hope the FBI can find lots of video to sift through. If she did go to the convenience store, there are a few cameras. Town Pump Food Store - Google Maps

From the article:

Multiple agencies, including the U.S. Border Patrol, the FBI and the Montana Division of Criminal Investigation, are assisting local law enforcement in the investigation into Berry’s disappearance, Dynneson said.

Odd. Maybe there is a reason why they waited this long? If my daughter had not been home for Christmas, we would have been very upset, and definitely reported her missing. That is a pretty important holiday to not be home for...

Sidney isn't the safe, small town it used to be...that is for sure.

Good to hear about these agencies involved. Let's hope the FBI can find lots of video to sift through. If she did go to the convenience store, there are a few cameras. Town Pump Food Store - Google Maps

From the article:

Multiple agencies, including the U.S. Border Patrol, the FBI and the Montana Division of Criminal Investigation, are assisting local law enforcement in the investigation into Berry’s disappearance, Dynneson said.

Any reason why U.S. Border Patrol is involved? Do they think she was picked up by a trucker heading north to the border crossing at Raymond-Regway?

I just read today of a Canadian fugitive being picked up in that area, currently held in custody in Plentywood.

Here's an interview with her father. It's concerning to hear him state that lately she has struggled with drug addiction. Since her phone and purse were in her apartment, it's doubtful she went somewhere by herself. Someone knows something IMO.

I find it kind of odd that we haven't heard anything from her mother. No pleas for her to contact someone and let them know she's ok, pleas for whoever has her ,if that's the case, to let her go, or pleas for someone to come forth with any information they may have.

Father of missing Sidney, Montana, woman hopeful for her return: 'I just want her home'

Any reason why U.S. Border Patrol is involved? Do they think she was picked up by a trucker heading north to the border crossing at Raymond-Regway?

I just read today of a Canadian fugitive being picked up in that area, currently held in custody in Plentywood.
I don't know. I wondered the same thing. MOO

JAN 4, 2022
Father of missing Sidney, Montana, woman hopeful for her return: 'I just want her home' - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports
[...]

The apartment, connected to Hank’s workshop, lies only a few blocks from the Town Pump, an expansive gas station and truck stop where Katelynn occasionally walked to buy snacks.

Authorities retrieved video surveillance from the Town Pump, along with businesses in the center of town, about two miles from her apartment. Investigators have not disclosed what that video revealed, if anything.

[...]

KK, an assistant manager at the truck stop, said Katelynn is a regular customer though she didn’t know much about her. ...

[...]

... Law enforcement is asking residents in the area to search their own properties for anything that could be connected to her disappearance, which would give authorities some idea where to search since they have no leads on her whereabouts.

Authorities also have no suspects in connection to her disappearance.

I don't know. I wondered the same thing. MOO

For anyone interested, that border crossing is part of the "ports to plains" trade corridor.

Raymond / Regway Border Crossing | ezbordercrossing

https://www.townoftwohills.com/ports-to-plains-corridor

The Ports-to-Plains region services a 2,300-mile economic development corridor of existing highways stretching from the port at Mazatlán, Sinaloa Mexico to northern Alberta.

Interesting, especially in light of Apollo's post above.

Father of missing Sidney, Montana, woman hopeful for her return: 'I just want her home'

For anyone interested, that border crossing is part of the "ports to plains" trade corridor.

Raymond / Regway Border Crossing | ezbordercrossing

https://www.townoftwohills.com/ports-to-plains-corridor

The Ports-to-Plains region services a 2,300-mile economic development corridor of existing highways stretching from the port at Mazatlán, Sinaloa Mexico to northern Alberta.

Interesting, especially in light of Apollo's post above.

Aha. Thank you, Gina20, that is helpful. MOO

Here's an interview with her father. It's concerning to hear him state that lately she has struggled with drug addiction. Since her phone and purse were in her apartment, it's doubtful she went somewhere by herself. Someone knows something IMO.

I find it kind of odd that we haven't heard anything from her mother. No pleas for her to contact someone and let them know she's ok, pleas for whoever has her ,if that's the case, to let her go, or pleas for someone to come forth with any information they may have.

We have heard from her mother, she is quoted several times in the Heavy.com article linked above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back