Found Deceased MT - Katelynn Berry, 26, last seen @ home, suspicious, Sidney, 21 Dec 2021 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any reason why U.S. Border Patrol is involved? Do they think she was picked up by a trucker heading north to the border crossing at Raymond-Regway?

I just read today of a Canadian fugitive being picked up in that area, currently held in custody in Plentywood.

She wouldn't be able to cross without a negative COVID-19 test. They are really strict on this now. Even with a border crossing card.

I find it kind of odd that we haven't heard anything from her mother. No pleas for her to contact someone and let them know she's ok, pleas for whoever has her ,if that's the case, to let her go, or pleas for someone to come forth with any information they may have.
Father of missing Sidney, Montana, woman hopeful for her return: 'I just want her home'
RSBM

Grand Forks County prosecutor holding out hope daughter is found alive
January 04, 2022

SBM
This worried mom is pleading with anyone who has talked with her daughter leading up to her disappearance to call police. "We can find Katelynn, we can bring her home," Mattison said. "Because honestly, I don't know if my heart could take any other outcome."

Mattison has been been hanging posters in the Wiliston area, and is in the process of creating a website to spread awareness about her daughter's disappearance.

#Video at link

RSBM

Grand Forks County prosecutor holding out hope daughter is found alive
January 04, 2022

SBM
This worried mom is pleading with anyone who has talked with her daughter leading up to her disappearance to call police. "We can find Katelynn, we can bring her home," Mattison said. "Because honestly, I don't know if my heart could take any other outcome."

Mattison has been been hanging posters in the Wiliston area, and is in the process of creating a website to spread awareness about her daughter's disappearance.

#Video at link

Given that mom has handled many 'missing' cases, has gone thru the apt. after the fact, and 'doesn't have a clue,' I don't have a lot of hope for this resolving well....

Has dad taken a poly? As the last person known to have seen her, he could volunteer, just to remove himself from 'the list.'

She wouldn't be able to cross without a negative COVID-19 test. They are really strict on this now. Even with a border crossing card.

The Canadian fugitive apprehended yesterday near the border crossed on foot. He is a known anti-vaxxer with a social media presence. He had not been seen since December 20.

I doubt very much that KB tried to cross the border legally without her wallet or the necessary vaccine/test documentation. I am concerned that this is a busy truck crossing, part of a trade corridor from Sinaloa to the oil patch in northern Alberta, and she might have been taken there against her will.

Given that mom has handled many 'missing' cases, has gone thru the apt. after the fact, and 'doesn't have a clue,' I don't have a lot of hope for this resolving well....

Has dad taken a poly? As the last person known to have seen her, he could volunteer, just to remove himself from 'the list.'

With a prosecutor in the family, he might have been advised not to do that.

I am concerned because a young woman who may have had mental and addiction issues was walking to a truck stop regularly. No judgment.

I am more concerned because, if her coat and phone and wallet were inside her apartment, to me, that suggests that she might have gone outside for what she thought might have been a brief thing.

Off my soapbox.

I am concerned because a young woman who may have had mental and addiction issues was walking to a truck stop regularly. No judgment.

I am more concerned because, if her coat and phone and wallet were inside her apartment, to me, that suggests that she might have gone outside for what she thought might have been a brief thing.

Off my soapbox.

I am concerned that a predator could be picking off women from highways and truck stops in Montana. Of course, there is no proof (yet) that such a thing is happening.

Off my soapbox.
That makes the most sense. She wouldn't have walked to the truck stop or gone to a friend's house without her coat, wallet and phone.

Hello everyone, let’s go there. There are some sex offenders and violent offenders who live real close to her last known location. There are about 7 of them who are non compliant. I am very worried that during the hectic season she may have become a victim. She has been gone 15 days and my heart just sinks for the family. That truck stop along with Highway 16, Highway 23, and Highway 200 all right there and heavily traveled. <modsnip> If she left her apartment she is about 800 meters from the back parking lot of that truck stop. Predators are always searching, they never stop. She could have been mistaken for a much younger girl with her 5’4 height and 100 pounds. The video from that Truck Stop should be able to rule in or rule out a midnight visit. I wonder if she might be considered a vulnerable youth and perhaps she was at a recent Christmas Party and someone noticed that she might be vulnerable. If you are running away you might leave your phone but you would take clothes and makeup or a toothbrush. They have not disclosed whether she had a computer or the internet or just a phone. She needs to be found, they need their daughter home. Say a prayer tonight for all involved they need us all sending them good vibes. That beautiful girl needs to be found!

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at the area on Google. It's flat prairie, with a few trees on the main road to town, probably old shelter belts. The road where Katelynn lives seems to be an industrial area, without much else around. She lives to the east of the truck stop. The main cross road leads to the local airport. She was living in an apartment at her father's workshop, but once people go home for the night, who would be around?

The latest news item mentioned that her father bought a vape and McDonald's the last time he saw her. Would he allow vaping indoors? Stepped outside for a vape and gone?

I don't know which way the door to her apartment faced, but everything is flat around there. She could easily be seen walking to and from the truck stop as long as trailers weren't blocking the way, IMO. There is also an old video on YT of someone driving through the town. It seems to predate the truck stop.

Okay, so i watched the video interview of her father. Some new questions have come to mind. Who lives in the apartments below her? That was clearly a pass through gate that a car could not enter so that means the traffic come from the other side. Her father says the gate was open when he arrived, why? If she walked alone across that field someone from that truck parking lot could have seen her walking through that field and knew she would return the same way at some point. That is a lot of room out there for someone take get ahold of someone in that field. The neighbors i am sure are also being looked at, just because they are neighbors. Law enforcement clearly is going over that video from Town Pump and it just takes time when you see her and are then determining who else is in that video. If they do not get answers, they might ask for the publics help. They probably do not want to tip off the perp, in case she is still with that person or people. This is terribly sad and impacted so many people. The fact she had no set plans for Christmas is also kinda strange but maybe not for her. Perhaps she was not solid on her plans because she had made her own. Someone knows something and we appeal to their greater conscience to give this family what they need and that is information!

Since her coat, wallet, and phone were found in her apt.---only her boots were missing---the thought has been that maybe she just planned on stepping outside briefly. Let's think about it in reverse. Is it possible she had just arrived home, set down her phone and wallet, took off her coat, was getting ready to take off her boots but someone had followed her home, made their way into her apt. before she had a chance to take them off or lock her door, and abducted her? Considering everything left behind, I just can't see her leaving of her own volition. The only glimmer of hope is that she voluntarily left with someone and has staged her apt. and not contacted anyone to make this look like it looks----which would be the best possible outcome.

More agencies join search for missing woman

News update, with video. Not much new, really.
Noting:

“We’re still reaching out to various things through social media. I requested the department of justice to assist us in trying to get us some information out to the trucking industry, the hotel industry, and that kind of thing,” said Dynneson.

I can't really put my finger on exactly why this case feels off. Maybe it's the 10 day lag in reporting Katelynn missing, maybe it's that nearly every one of her personal belongings were found in the home. I really don't have a solid theory in this case at all, but I am watching with interest.

Since her coat, wallet, and phone were found in her apt.---only her boots were missing---the thought has been that maybe she just planned on stepping outside briefly. Let's think about it in reverse. Is it possible she had just arrived home, set down her phone and wallet, took off her coat, was getting ready to take off her boots but someone had followed her home, made their way into her apt. before she had a chance to take them off or lock her door, and abducted her? Considering everything left behind, I just can't see her leaving of her own volition. The only glimmer of hope is that she voluntarily left with someone and has staged her apt. and not contacted anyone to make this look like it looks----which would be the best possible outcome.
Or saw her go in that apartment alone and knew there was no one around. If she was grabbed the reason is why, it was not for money, her car, or apparently anything of value.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919
Back