Found Deceased MT - Katelynn Berry, 26, last seen @ home, suspicious, Sidney, 21 Dec 2021 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't really put my finger on exactly why this case feels off. Maybe it's the 10 day lag in reporting Katelynn missing, maybe it's that nearly every one of her personal belongings were found in the home. I really don't have a solid theory in this case at all, but I am watching with interest.
It is because we do not have a true starting point. We just know when the last time she was seen. Perhaps someone pulled up to her home to give her something and she walked down the stairs never intending to leave, got in the car, and disappeared. Our young adults should just not go missing and that is why we are intrigued and worried. We all Pray for her safe return and end this nightmare! No parents wants to go through this and we put our heads together in hopes by speaking out we can help to bring her home. Some families have issues they are dealing with and want to keep them private for the sake of their child who does not want the world knowing things are not always perfect at home.

Noting:

“We’re still reaching out to various things through social media. I requested the department of justice to assist us in trying to get us some information out to the trucking industry, the hotel industry, and that kind of thing,” said Dynneson.

This is one of the organizations that should be alerted.

Truckers Against Trafficking • TRUCKERS AGAINST TRAFFICKING

Also due to the proximity to the border and the involvement of Border Patrol, I hope Canadian RCMP and border security have been notified. The highway system through Sidney is part of an international, North American intermodal trade corridor.

It is because we do not have a true starting point. We just know when the last time she was seen. Perhaps someone pulled up to her home to give her something and she walked down the stairs never intending to leave, got in the car, and disappeared. Our young adults should just not go missing and that is why we are intrigued and worried. We all Pray for her safe return and end this nightmare! No parents wants to go through this and we put our heads together in hopes by speaking out we can help to bring her home. Some families have issues they are dealing with and want to keep them private for the sake of their child who does not want the world knowing things are not always perfect at home.

The date being used as the date "last seen" is the last time Katelynn was seen on video at the Town Pump, from what I have read. As I recall, there were some texts after that, but no one is sure if Katelynn sent them.

Some police forces do not allow an adult to be reported missing if they have been known to go missing in the past. Once the latest disappearance has surpassed the time of any past known disappearances, the case is logged. I don't know if this applies to Katelynn, or if this is a case of her making plans, known to others, that meant she was expected somewhere on December 31.

The actual date of Katelynn going missing is one of 10 days.

I can't really put my finger on exactly why this case feels off. Maybe it's the 10 day lag in reporting Katelynn missing, maybe it's that nearly every one of her personal belongings were found in the home. I really don't have a solid theory in this case at all, but I am watching with interest.
Why does the missing poster say no cellphone activity since Dec 21 but articles state she texted people on 23 and 24 and last one on Dec 30 was unknown if really her.
Why does the missing poster say no cellphone activity since Dec 21 but articles state she texted people on 23 and 24 and last one on Dec 30 was unknown if really her.
The value is Katelynn. The belongings are just things.

She might have used the scheduled delivery feature on her phone. This is easily done on newer Android phones by pressing and holding send, instead of tapping it. She might have scheduled Christmas greetings, which would have been sent even if she wasn't near her phone.

BTW, the text does not show as "timed", but I imagine a forensic analysis of the phone could tell if it was a scheduled delivery.

Last edited:
Here is the timeline as I understand from her father.
Tuesday Dec. 21,2021 he brought her lunch and a vape at 3:30-4:00pm. She was fine, they visited for a bit.

At midnight of December 23,2021 the last outgoing text was sent from her phone.

On Thursday December 23rd, 2021 her father dropped that package by her front upper door at approximately 8:30 am. ( dad did notice that the walk gate to the property across from the field where the Town Pump truck stop is was open) The package contained CBD products she was using to treat some mental health issues. When her dad returned at approximately 1:00 pm on that same day to put up a handrail on her steps or deck he noticed the package was still where he had placed it that morning. He knocked on her door and got no answer. He used her punch code to gain entry and put her package on the couch, he took a quick look around and determined she was not there.

On Friday, December 24th he returned to her place to finish the handrail. While he is there he again knocked on the door and again receives no answer. He again used the punch code to gain entry and determined she was still not there. On Christmas Day he went to Fairview, MT for Christmas and texted and called her, the phone rang but he got not response.

On Monday, December 26, 2021 Hank spoke with his sister concerning Katelynn and they made a plan that he would go back to Katelynn's home and see is she was there and to enter again and see if the phone was in the apartment. Dad used his cell phone to call Katelynn's cell phone but he did not physically see it or hear it ring. Dad assumed wherever his daughter was she must have her cell phone.

On Wednesday December 29th, 2021 the phone started going to voicemail and he was hoping she would charge it.

On Friday, December 31, 2021 just before 7:00 am he reported her missing to the Richland County Sheriff's Department. The families nightmare continues to this day. Pray for them, make a donation, hand out flyers, they do these interviews so that the entire country will help them find their daughter. There is no room for judgement. These parents love their daughter.

Tuesday Dec. 21,2021 he brought her lunch and a vape at 3:30-4:00pm. She was fine, they visited for a bit.

On Thursday December 23rd, 2021 her father dropped that package by her front upper door at approximately 8:30 am. ( dad did notice that the walk gate to the property across from the field where the Town Pump truck stop is was open) The package contained CBD products she was using to treat some mental health issues. When her dad returned at approximately 1:00 pm on that same day to put up a handrail on her steps or deck he noticed the package was still where he had placed it that morning. He knocked on her door and got no answer. He used her punch code to gain entry and put her package on the couch, he took a quick look around and determined she was not there.

On Friday, December 24th he returned to her place to finish the handrail. While he is there he again knocked on the door and again receives no answer. He again used the punch code to gain entry and determined she was still not there. On Christmas Day he went to Fairview, MT for Christmas and texted and called her, the phone rang but he got not response.

On Monday, December 26, 2021 Hank spoke with his sister concerning Katelynn and they made a plan that he would go back to Katelynn's home and see is she was there and to enter again and see if the phone was in the apartment. Dad used his cell phone to call Katelynn's cell phone but he did not physically see it or hear it ring. Dad assumed wherever his daughter was she must have her cell phone.

On Wednesday December 29th, 2021 the phone started going to voicemail and he was hoping she would charge it.

On Friday, December 31, 2021 just before 7:00 am he reported her missing to the Richland County Sheriff's Department. The families nightmare continues to this day. Pray for them, make a donation, hand out flyers, they do these interviews so that the entire country will help them find their daughter. There is no room for judgement. These parents love their daughter.

This tells me that Katelynn's father was not overly concerned at the time. Perhaps this was not unusual for her.

So on the 23rd at 8:30am , he dropped the package by her door. Then at 1pm he returned, saw it still there, entered her apt., and put it on her couch.

On the 24th, he entered her apt. again. Is the package still on the couch? I assume it is.

On the 26th, he must have entered again since he said he did not physically see her phone or hear it ring. Was the package still there? I assume it was.

On the 31st he reported her missing.

Did he enter at all on the 27, 28th, 29th 30th or 31st to see if the package was still on the couch?

The answers whether we like them or not are going to come from that cellphone and those Town Pump videos.
This tells me that Katelynn's father was not overly concerned at the time. Perhaps this was not unusual for her.
Katelynns dad did add he was concerned but that she had gone from home at other times and had always come home and since this was his experience while he was concerned he was not alarmed but was beginning to get that way. It is so very tough when you have an adult whom you love but requires way more of you then all the rest combined. Many parents know this to be true. We will call most of this normal for Katelynn and normal for this family at times. I would assume at first your thinking "here we go again not answering texts and phone calls, now what is wrong". A few days go by and things return to normal. I can assume in those moments when he was punching that code he was fearful of what he might find and then when he did not find her he felt a certain relief. I would be curious for state of mind purpose if she had put up a Christmas tree, bought gifts for anyone. The last conversation they had did he do all the talking or did she interact in anyway? Sometimes when we say we talked to our young adults it is us doing the talking and them just nodding. This dad seemed to be really tuned into his daughter and actually cared. Great parents do drive by's of their young adults homes just because, some young adults more than others in the same family. We really need to know about the neighbors who lived right there with her. They know something, they had to see something, they are too close, headlights, squeaky wooden steps, walking around on the floor above them, unusual vehicles, something...

So on the 23rd at 8:30am , he dropped the package by her door. Then at 1pm he returned, saw it still there, entered her apt., and put it on her couch.

On the 24th, he entered her apt. again. Is the package still on the couch? I assume it is.

On the 26th, he must have entered again since he said he did not physically see her phone or hear it ring. Was the package still there? I assume it was.

On the 31st he reported her missing.

Did he enter at all on the 27, 28th, 29th 30th or 31st to see if the package was still on the couch?
He did not say in televised interviews anything about the package being on the couch but I am sure he has given a statement to the police and they questioned him at length as the last person to physically see her. He might have been in there every single day after the 26th up until the phone went to voicemail. We are here conducting an interrogation of his every word and I am sure after so many interviews he is just giving us a synopsis of the facts in this case. Susan Smith made us all super vigilant to details and body language. Some people are just more private with the details they lay out. He is also a man which means he does not think like a female does and may not think to do the same things when he went in that house. If my young adult was missing my husband and I would handle it very differently from knew another. He would tell me I was being a hypervigilant and i would tell him that a worried mother does better investigating than the FBI when it comes to their children. If you could get in her dad's head I am sure he has played this thing out a million different ways to Sunday. I pray they find some peace in this challenging time. I pray Katelynn just finds her way home and ends this nightmare. Someone saw something and they need to talk, starting with the neighbors.

The answers whether we like them or not are going to come from that cellphone and those Town Pump videos.

Katelynns dad did add he was concerned but that she had gone from home at other times and had always come home and since this was his experience while he was concerned he was not alarmed but was beginning to get that way. It is so very tough when you have an adult whom you love but requires way more of you then all the rest combined. Many parents know this to be true. We will call most of this normal for Katelynn and normal for this family at times. I would assume at first your thinking "here we go again not answering texts and phone calls, now what is wrong". A few days go by and things return to normal. I can assume in those moments when he was punching that code he was fearful of what he might find and then when he did not find her he felt a certain relief. I would be curious for state of mind purpose if she had put up a Christmas tree, bought gifts for anyone. The last conversation they had did he do all the talking or did she interact in anyway? Sometimes when we say we talked to our young adults it is us doing the talking and them just nodding. This dad seemed to be really tuned into his daughter and actually cared. Great parents do drive by's of their young adults homes just because, some young adults more than others in the same family. We really need to know about the neighbors who lived right there with her. They know something, they had to see something, they are too close, headlights, squeaky wooden steps, walking around on the floor above them, unusual vehicles, something...
facts. i have an adult kid like this

"Not overly concerned" doesn't mean "didn't care".

I agree with Apollo's post earlier in the thread:

"Since her coat, wallet, and phone were found in her apt.---only her boots were missing---the thought has been that maybe she just planned on stepping outside briefly. Let's think about it in reverse. Is it possible she had just arrived home, set down her phone and wallet, took off her coat, was getting ready to take off her boots but someone had followed her home, made their way into her apt. before she had a chance to take them off or lock her door, and abducted her?""

IMO unfortunately either of these scenarios is possible. Berry may have stepped outside of her apartment briefly and planned to return, so she might not need her coat, phone or wallet. The other scenario of someone following her to her apartment is also possible.

If Berry was abducted from her apartment there would likely be signs of a struggle there, but I haven't seen this reported, or perhaps I've missed it?

nightmare. Someone saw something and they need to talk, starting with the neighbors.[/QUOTE]

Might be a misunderstanding here. Katelyn's "apartment" was made by her father, using space in his very large shop, which is detached from his house, on a large property. If he didn't hear or see anything suspicious, I don't think anyone in the neighboring houses would have either.

nightmare. Someone saw something and they need to talk, starting with the neighbors.

Might be a misunderstanding here. Katelyn's "apartment" was made by her father, using space in his very large shop, which is detached from his house, on a large property. If he didn't hear or see anything suspicious, I don't think anyone in the neighboring houses would have either.[/QUOTE]

He apparently was not in his shop 24x7.

If she was abducted at a time he wasn't there (like before 8:30 on the 23rd) the neighbors may have heard/seen something at that time.

Might be a misunderstanding here. Katelyn's "apartment" was made by her father, using space in his very large shop, which is detached from his house, on a large property. If he didn't hear or see anything suspicious, I don't think anyone in the neighboring houses would have either.

He apparently was not in his shop 24x7.

If she was abducted at a time he wasn't there (like before 8:30 on the 23rd) the neighbors may have heard/seen something at that time.[/QUOTE]

To me, the poster thinks that Katelynn had neighbors nearby.
Perhaps I should have used this quote instead,

"We really need to know about the neighbors who lived right there with her. They know something, they had to see something, they are too close, headlights, squeaky wooden steps, walking around on the floor above them, unusual vehicles, something"

From their own houses, it's possible that both father and neighbor would not hear her leaving.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back