MT MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater Co, 29 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Darn this forum. Some cases get under your skin and Paul is one of those for me. I am reporting from the Bozeman Public Library Sunday at 4:00 PM. It is even busier than I thought it would be around here. The meeting/community rooms are both in use. Yes there is at least one camera outside the library. Probably more.

I see absolutely nothing nor anyone suspicious. Except perhaps by its absence? There are several 'public' bulletin boards and none have Paul's missing poster. The 'Montana Room' is open, which I wanted specifically to check. This is a separate room within the library that houses newspapers, microfiche, Montana and county atlases, rare books and video related to Montana history and geography. The rare books are kept in locked cabinets and I really would have to have an idea of what I was looking for to do any specific research.

Wow, that’s really great that you went and checked out the library. I was just thinking today...What would one do in the public library in an unfamiliar town, with a few hours to spare? Maybe research some things to do and see in the area? Then, go out to see some sights?

Maybe use the computer? Maybe look at housing options, if considering a move? There is an RV for sale on Craigslist in Reed Point. Would he have gone to check it out?

Just thinking out loud. Any other ideas?

MOO

Darn this forum. Some cases get under your skin and Paul is one of those for me. I am reporting from the Bozeman Public Library Sunday at 4:00 PM. It is even busier than I thought it would be around here. The meeting/community rooms are both in use. Yes there is at least one camera outside the library. Probably more.

I see absolutely nothing nor anyone suspicious. Except perhaps by its absence? There are several 'public' bulletin boards and none have Paul's missing poster. The 'Montana Room' is open, which I wanted specifically to check. This is a separate room within the library that houses newspapers, microfiche, Montana and county atlases, rare books and video related to Montana history and geography. The rare books are kept in locked cabinets and I really would have to have an idea of what I was looking for to do any specific research.

I just love you for doing this! You observed many important aspects, including cameras outside. Thank you so much, loreet.

No missing info up at the library + what LE has said/not said (as well as the searches we have heard about) just seems like they aren't focused on Bozeman at all.

:yourock:

I’m blown away that there is not a missing persons poster on any of the bulletin boards at the library. I find that very puzzling. Seems one of the most obvious places to place one. Anyone else??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is involved in applying to be a VI?

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?521-Verified-Professional-and-Insider-Members

Thank you so much. You won't have to tell us anying you don't feel comfortable sharing. You won't need to provide links to what you have to say. Like about the keys. That's important and if you get verified, we get to take that as fact and run with it.

We already had the rumor about the cameras at the gas station and the five minute missing tape. We do not know if that is true but it it was, that opens a whole different can of worms. Without some versificationabout those cameras and their working order, we can't go forward with the possibilities of it or the absence of footage.

Thank you so much for doing this.

I’m blown away that there is not a missing persons poster on any of the bulletin boards at the library. I find that very puzzling. Seems one of the most obvious places to place one. Anyone else??

Yep, it seems very odd. It makes me think they don't believe anything shady went down there... or maybe even anywhere in Bozeman... because wouldn't they be digging up as much info as they could on where he was last known to be?? Trying to gather as much info/observations from around there as they could? :thinking:

What is involved in applying to be a VI?

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?521-Verified-Professional-and-Insider-Members

Thank you so much. You won't have to tell us anying you don't feel comfortable sharing. You won't need to provide links to what you have to say. Like about the keys. That's important and if you get verified, we get to take that as fact and run with it.

We already had the rumor about the cameras at the gas station and the five minute missing tape. We do not know if that is true but it it was, that opens a whole different can of worms. Without some versificationabout those cameras and their working order, we can't go forward with the possibilities of it or the absence of footage.

Thank you so much for doing this.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters
Also, while you will need to provide your real name and verifying data to WS admin, they will keep that information confidential. You do not need to disclose your real name or identity to us fellow WS'ers. You can use your existing UserName.

Yep, it seems very odd. It makes me think they don't believe anything shady went down there... or maybe even anywhere in Bozeman... because wouldn't they be digging up as much info as they could on where he was last known to be?? Trying to gather as much info/observations from around there as they could? :thinking:

I agree, all indications are that LE is not focusing any resources here in Bozeman. They would have checked the library footage though, easily. And footage from the 2 traffic cams heading out of town. We have had no Public warnings or danger alerts.

I also have not seen any news of searches this weekend around Reed Point. I did briefly consider driving out that way but that will have to be for a different day. That would be a 3 hour round trip, plus exploration. I would want to take the all-wheel drive vehicle just in case of muddy roads, and my faithful companion/protector (dog). The more I think about planning my own trip: if I was walking from that parking spot I would at least have a fanny pack or backpack with water and a snack. And hiking boots or solid walking shoes.

^^BBM
Re: There are several 'public' bulletin boards and none have Paul's missing poster.

loreet - Did you notice ANY missing person posters on any of the library bulletin boards?

Could be unrelated, but here is a thought. . .
Five days after the FBI announced their involvement in the search for Danielle Diamond (last seen at the Bozeman Public Library), Paul Batson is suspiciously missing after he was apparently at the Bozeman Public Library.

Perhaps there is a perpetrator who likes to taunt and play games with LE.
Under the guise of befriending others at the library -
. . . the perp abducted/harmed DD Nov 27, 2017.
. . . 5 days after FBI involvement (Apr 24, 2018) in DD’s disappearance, the perp abducted/harmed PB Apr 29, 2018.

April 24, 2018 - FBI asks public’s help locating missing person Danielle Diamond.
https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...cs-help-locating-missing-person/#.WwIEbUgvyM8
Danielle Diamond, age 25, has been missing since Nov. 27, 2017. She was last seen at the Bozeman Public Library.

April 29, 2018 - Paul Batson was at the Bozeman Public Library (per reported communication with his GF), and is subsequently deemed ‘missing’.
https://www.stillwatercountynews.com/content/without-trace
Batson was last heard from at approximately 4 p.m. on Sunday, April 29, when he told his girlfriend he was at the Bozeman Public Library.

^^BBM
Re: There are several 'public' bulletin boards and none have Paul's missing poster.

loreet - Did you notice ANY missing person posters on any of the library bulletin boards?

No. There were NO missings persons flyers. Even of Danielle Diamond. And I looked at every single trampoline for sale and yoga lesson ad. I did also look for information that indicated 'Reed Point' but I was looking specifically for something like a 'call for searchers', not an RV for sale, for example, so I could have missed something, or an advert from 3 weeks ago could have been taken down.

I agree, all indications are that LE is not focusing any resources here in Bozeman. They would have checked the library footage though, easily. And footage from the 2 traffic cams heading out of town. We have had no Public warnings or danger alerts.

I also have not seen any news of searches this weekend around Reed Point. I did briefly consider driving out that way but that will have to be for a different day. That would be a 3 hour round trip, plus exploration. I would want to take the all-wheel drive vehicle just in case of muddy roads, and my faithful companion/protector (dog). The more I think about planning my own trip: if I was walking from that parking spot I would at least have a fanny pack or backpack with water and a snack. And hiking boots or solid walking shoes.

Um...I hate to sound overprotective, but kinda not liking the thought of you doing all that alone...I mean, love the dog coming, but... can someone else go with you too? (Please, nobody mock me...I mean, I have Winnie the Pooh as an avatar, enough said I guess, LOL)

Um...I hate to sound overprotective, but kinda not liking the thought of you doing all that alone...I mean, love the dog coming, but... can someone else go with you too? (Please, nobody mock me...I mean, I have Winnie the Pooh as an avatar, enough said I guess, LOL)

I agree 110 percent with you, ThinkThinkThink! Loreet, to make an obvious statement, there are strength in numbers. Please stay safe out there!

I'm from a small town (10,000), and while there was relatively little crime, people DID disappear without a trace.

It bugs the heck out of me that no missing posters of Paul are on that bulletin board!

Yikes !! Take a friend please

ETA - oops sorry others feel the same way :)

I am wondering about the Posse Comitatus and/or militia type people. Are there any compounds or known people of this sort in the area?

Could be unrelated, but here is a thought. . .
Five days after the FBI announced their involvement in the search for Danielle Diamond (last seen at the Bozeman Public Library), Paul Batson is suspiciously missing after he was apparently at the Bozeman Public Library.

Perhaps there is a perpetrator who likes to taunt and play games with LE.
Under the guise of befriending others at the library -
. . . the perp abducted/harmed DD Nov 27, 2017.
. . . 5 days after FBI involvement (Apr 24, 2018) in DD’s disappearance, the perp abducted/harmed PB Apr 29, 2018.

April 24, 2018 - FBI asks public’s help locating missing person Danielle Diamond.
https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...cs-help-locating-missing-person/#.WwIEbUgvyM8
Danielle Diamond, age 25, has been missing since Nov. 27, 2017. She was last seen at the Bozeman Public Library.

April 29, 2018 - Paul Batson was at the Bozeman Public Library (per reported communication with his GF), and is subsequently deemed ‘missing’.
https://www.stillwatercountynews.com/content/without-trace
Batson was last heard from at approximately 4 p.m. on Sunday, April 29, when he told his girlfriend he was at the Bozeman Public Library.

An earlier poster said that the weekend Paul went missing was one when Bozeman would be full of people from out of state, something to do with the university?

Was the weekend Danielle went missing the same sort of thing?

The only similarities so far are the library and the Sunday. Different gender, one has a car while the other is homeless and presumably no vehicle, they don't sound consistent, so I'm interested in whether the weekends were similar, because it is quite close in time and it's a very strange coincidence.

(LOL, Think, you are just my favorite).

Seems odd media appears to have dropped coverage of Paul’s disappearance, no missing posters (that I’m aware of), no reward offer and no FB page dedicated to finding him.

Agree, all so quiet... with LE...media...family.

And (relatively speaking), Paul hasn't been missing that long.

From past cases, it can indicate LE has a much better idea of what's gone on than not.

I looked back through the thread... some posters have had a different gut sense of this case from the start. I'm keeping an open mind.

I just have no idea where to go with this now.:thinking:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nycissa
Back