MT MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater Co, 29 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just have this nagging feeling that this is voluntary. Not sure why- just a hunch.

Is the car his or a rental?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

The skip in the PO surveillance tape is so interesting. I think it might be the key to the whole thing.

I just have this nagging feeling that this is voluntary. Not sure why- just a hunch.

Yes, I've thought so too from the beginning.
Did Paul know of some way to remotely disable or disrupt PO surveillance cameras? Maybe that sounds like a stretch, but the timing is so unbelievably precise for it to be a simple coincidence, IMO.

The way the phone was allowed to run down suggests self-harm to me; or he got a new phone unbeknownst to anyone and has decided to attempt to start a new life. However, to attempt to do so in the wilds of Montana, alone, with no experience living there, may well be suicide in and of itself.

The skip in the PO surveillance tape is so interesting. I think it might be the key to the whole thing.

Did Paul know of some way to remotely disable or disrupt PO surveillance cameras? Maybe that sounds like a stretch, but the timing is so unbelievably precise for it to be a simple coincidence, IMO.
RSABBM for focus

I’m sorry if it has and I missed it: Has this been reported in MSM?

The way the phone was allowed to run down suggests self-harm to me; or he got a new phone unbeknownst to anyone and has decided to attempt to start a new life. However, to attempt to do so in the wilds of Montana, alone, with no experience living there, may well be suicide in and of itself.

I actually do not think it is a stretch... other cases (and my own experience with a family friend) is that depression is often hidden -- and those who suffer from it may even feel deep shame. I could see someone intent on self-harm could even set it up for their disappearance to look like foul play (or leave ambiguous), perhaps as not wishing the family/friends to feel guilt, etc.

Please know I am not presuming I now Paul's mental state nor saying this scenario is what happened. It *could* be foul play... but I think self-harm is a real possibility too. Either way, I pray Paul is found.

He never made it to the April 30 meeting at the Bozeman Postal Service:

https://www.stillwatercountynews.com/content/without-trace

TIMELINE
Batson is reportedly a United States Navy veteran and a current U.S. Postal worker from Batavia, Ill., who was in Montana checking out Butte and Bozeman as possible transfer cities, said Stillwater County Sheriff’s Sgt. Randy Smith.
Batson was last heard from at approximately 4 p.m. on Sunday, April 29, when he told his girlfriend he was at the Bozeman Public Library and had a meeting with the Bozeman Postal Service the following morning, April 30, according to police reports.
Batson never showed up at that meeting. After calling hospitals and multiple attempts at making contact with him, the girlfriend reported Batson missing to the Bozeman Police Department.
At approximately 12:23 p.m. the following day, a Still-water County Sheriff’s deputy responded to a call about Batson’s abandoned 2016 Dodge Charger that was parked on the street across from the gas station in Reed Point. Batavia, Ill., police were contacted in an effort to locate a phone number, but a number was not found. The deputy wrote on the car’s window for Batson to call the sheriff’s office.
At 8:35 p.m., dispatch got a “delayed hit” on the car, and learned the owner had been reported as missing by the Bozeman PD the previous day. A deputy returned to the location and noted the vehicle was “extremely clean” and the only items missing appeared to be Batson’s cell phone and his wallet. People in the area were questioned, but none remembered seeing a man that matched Bat-son’s description.
The car was impounded and a search for Batson was launched immediately.

BBM

Although the vehicle being “extremely clean” when found may indicate someone harming Paul and attempting to get rid of evidence, it also mean that he is someone who always keeps his car that way (I know quite a few people like that myself).

And the fact the nothing other than Paul’s cell phone and wallet appear to be missing makes foul play less likely, IMO, though not impossible.

I also wonder if Paul went to visit his three sons more or less to say “Good Bye.” :(

Whether there was foul play involved or not, I hope that he is close by and is found very soon.

sub'd to this thread
o.png

RSABBM for focus

Let me go back and check. It may not have been. I'll edit when I've figured it out.

Edit: I've gone through all the links in the thread and watched the videos, etc. and it seems that this post is the only source for that info. So, no MSM. Plus, I was wrong about it being the PO camera. The camera was stated to be at the gas station.

Oh no! That article makes me think he wasn’t the one driving. I think Bozeman and the 84 miles in between need to be searched. I wish ArcadeKris would come back and tell us more about that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes me wonder if whatever happened happened before the meeting on the 30th. Them referring to the car being “very clean” is a bad sign IMO.

I'd be interested in questioning whomever had access to the cctv with the missing minutes. Seems far too coincidental to me.

RSABBM for focus

It was originally reported that the missing footage was from a camera at the gas station across from the post office. Was that reported in error? Does anyone have a link stating the camera footage was from the post office, not the gas station. Thanks!

It was originally reported that the missing footage was from a camera at the gas station across from the post office. Was that reported in error? Does anyone have a link stating the camera footage was from the post office, not the gas station. Thanks!

You're correct; I was wrong. This post reported it first. Still looking to see if the MSM reported it.

Is the car his or a rental?

How did he get to MT?

Do you mean did he drive to Montana from Illinois or from Colorado? Or do you mean did he fly in/then rent car -- or drive the whole way?

“The sergeant told KULR-8 that deputies went to inspect the car after they received the call from the gas station. Sgt. Smith said the department received a delayed hit, later that evening, through the Criminal Justice Information Network. The hit was that the car found was registered to Batson. Sgt. Smith explained that was the moment the investigation began. ‘We've conducted four different searches at this point. And we have another search probably for this Saturday.’” (BBM)

http://www.kulr8.com/story/38166151/illinois-man-still-missing-last-seen-in-reed-point

So he likely drove the whole way.

The fact that the car was "extremely clean" made me think foul play right away. I hope nobody picked up the keys that were on the ground and smudged any potential fingerprints. And surely they have or are processing the car thoroughly?

Maybe Paul picked up a hitchhiker or gave someone he had a chat with at a restaurant or gas station etc, a ride?

I'd be interested in questioning whomever had access to the cctv with the missing minutes. Seems far too coincidental to me.

I have the same thought. I hope LE is looking into this!

I cannot find any MSM links to the surveillance tape story. I went through all the links in the thread. If @ArcadeKris comes back, maybe she or he can give us more insight.

Maybe he changed his mind about moving and doesn’t know how to tell his kids so he’s stressed out.

But all signs point to foul play for me. Moo.

The missing video recording time is too coincidental for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back