MT MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater Co, 29 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Paul's mail route in Geneva, Illinois is festooned with blue ribbons tied to trees, in hopes of his return. I can see at least ten ribbons from my windows. And many more when I take a walk.

I check this thread several times a day, although I don't generally log in. So I am still listening, following news reports and reading Facebook. But I am not sure what these posts mean about family members having a good idea what happened.

Paul's mail route in Geneva, Illinois is festooned with blue ribbons tied to trees, in hopes of his return. I can see at least ten ribbons from my windows. And many more when I take a walk.

I check this thread several times a day, although I don't generally log in. So I am still listening, following news reports and reading Facebook. But I am not sure what these posts mean about family members having a good idea what happened.

That is beautiful to hear about the ribbons.

The ribbons are a beautiful tribute to Paul. One of his family members publicly posted that it appears Paul drove himself to Reed Point, parked his car and took off on foot.

The ribbons are a beautiful tribute to Paul. One of his family members publicly posted that it appears Paul drove himself to Reed Point, parked his car and took off on foot.

I'm glad to know the blue ribbons are everywhere on Paul's mail route. Here's hoping and praying for a positive outcome. One just never knows with these cases.

randd: If you have time, I'd love to see a photo of them posted here!

Oh my, this is troubling. Of course now as I type this, I don't know why it's any more troubling than some other scenario.

But, oh, my stomach did a flip when I read this. My hope for a happy ending is narrowing, I am so sorry to say. This is all MOO.

It appears this is a self-harm situation for Paul. I don't understand why he would drive to Reed Point to end his life. Did Paul choose this location at random or did he research this location prior to leaving on his trip. In earlier Posts there have been questions about scent dogs used in SAR at Reed Point and did they pick-up Paul scent and if so did they follow it to the river but have not seen any confirmation about this. I am hoping for a positive outcome but I think chances are slim right now.

This must be an ongoing nightmare for Paul's family. If he has passed away, I pray they find him soon and hope they get all the answers they need from the investigation.

Monday we drove along the Yellowstone River near Livingston, about 60 miles upstream and west of Reed Point. The river is as high and fast as we have ever seen it. There weren't any floaters/rafters/fisher-persons out yet. If another search is carried out, it will likely be a few weeks.

This must be an ongoing nightmare for Paul's family. If he has passed away, I pray they find him soon and hope they get all the answers they need from the investigation.

Monday we drove along the Yellowstone River near Livingston, about 60 miles upstream and west of Reed Point. The river is as high and fast as we have ever seen it. There weren't any floaters/rafters/fisher-persons out yet. If another search is carried out, it will likely be a few weeks.
Thanks so much for your continuing posts re: the general locality of Paul's disappearance. It always helps when we can get the "lay of the land." Hoping for Paul to be found soon!

this young man was found in Bozeman after taking off from Florida...

FL - Fl - Jackson Matthew Sawall, 18, Cocoa, 31 May 2018

Bozeman's not very big, huh?

The promising news is that it sounds like Jackson was found by Bozeman LE after running away. He must have passed through many other towns and cities unnoticed and undiscovered until he hit Bozeman. So props to Bozeman LE.

Now maybe they can figure out where Paul is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back