MT MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater Co, 29 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It has been a dangerous and deadly year on the Yellowstone River.
Sheriff's captain's son presumed to be 2nd death in Yellowstone River boating crash

A stretch of the river including the Reed Point area was closed until last night (Sunday) while searchers looked for 15 year-old James Anderson, who is missing and presumed drowned. Searchers are out on the river again in what is now considered a recovery effort for his body.

Prayers for the families of all missing on the Yellowstone. Hopefully this search will be successful.

Wow, still no news on Paul? How hard for his family. :-( Really hoping he is out there and okay...and that he contacts them soon.

Thanks for the updates locally, loreet ... nothing like that local info. Is there any new buzz being talked about in that area re: Paul's disappearance?

I know Paul in real life. If I don't post, it's only because I have nothing new to add. I am not being secretive. I check this thread every day and appreciate the news related to Paul's disappearance.

@randd Do you think the family has been quiet? (If you are family then this doesn't matter) Or am I just missing a whole bunch of stuff?

It has to be hell on earth to have a loved one just disappear. And to add an extra level to that hell---he's disappeared before-- on purpose. I cannot imagine what his loved ones are going thru. Thoughts & prayers with them.

It's a very suspicious case and the fact that you can't take a dump here without neighbors knowing makes it even more odd because this was at 7:09 pm and no one remembers seeing anything...

I am curious if Arcadekris was Paul. The bolded comments by me sound like something Paul would say since he was known to use sarcastic humor. Arcadekris was one the earliest posters to this thread but hasn't been heard from since. Maybe Paul was trying to leave clues but just speculating on my part.

I am curious if Arcadekris was Paul. The bolded comments by me sound like something Paul would say since he was known to use sarcastic humor. Arcadekris was one the earliest posters to this thread but hasn't been heard from since. Maybe Paul was trying to leave clues but just speculating on my part.

Very interesting observation, siliconrod.

@randd, what do you think (only if you are comfortable answering)?

Absolutely nothing new to report locally re: Paul and his disappearance since the ‘search suspended, case considered cold’ articles. No reported sightings, no information reported in our msm that he has contacted anyone, used his phone, etc.

There are now 3 individuals who have gone missing from the same relatively short stretch of the Yellowstone River this season, none of whom have yet been found. My hope is that if Paul is in the river, he will be found during one of the other ongoing search efforts, which is why I’ve been updating those here.

There are currently searchers on the river daily looking methodically for 15 year-old James Anderson, who went missing during a boating accident July 27. While they have scaled back from initial efforts, my understanding of this recovery effort is that searchers will not give up until James’ body has been found. The search for Brandon Fitch identified an area where multiple dogs hit on several occasions. Divers did not locate a body but found significant debris underwater at that location. They plan to go back, but have not indicated when.

As a family we try to do at least one river float a summer but there is absolutely no way we are going down this stretch of the Yellowstone this year.

Prayers to all who are missing their loved ones.

Absolutely nothing new to report locally re: Paul and his disappearance since the ‘search suspended, case considered cold’ articles. No reported sightings, no information reported in our msm that he has contacted anyone, used his phone, etc.

There are now 3 individuals who have gone missing from the same relatively short stretch of the Yellowstone River this season, none of whom have yet been found. My hope is that if Paul is in the river, he will be found during one of the other ongoing search efforts, which is why I’ve been updating those here.

There are currently searchers on the river daily looking methodically for 15 year-old James Anderson, who went missing during a boating accident July 27. While they have scaled back from initial efforts, my understanding of this recovery effort is that searchers will not give up until James’ body has been found. The search for Brandon Fitch identified an area where multiple dogs hit on several occasions. Divers did not locate a body but found significant debris underwater at that location. They plan to go back, but have not indicated when.

As a family we try to do at least one river float a summer but there is absolutely no way we are going down this stretch of the Yellowstone this year.

Prayers to all who are missing their loved ones.

Thanks so much for replying, loreet...I'm bummed there's no new news, but I figured as much. I really do appreciate you confirming that though.

Oh, that river...I so hope Paul is nowhere near there. Bodies of water nearby in these situations especially concern me. But if he is there, my prayer is the same as yours - that anybody who have passed on and is there can be located, for the sake of their loved ones. It's so sad about the other two missing too... and the 15-year-old who had an accident - his poor family. :-(

I still think it's possible Paul is alive and out there...it's a frustrating case, like Ana expressed, because it's hard to know how we can help. I guess we just keep the thread active, hoping for a break to come -- check in when we can.

... I still think it's possible Paul is alive and out there...it's a frustrating case, like Ana expressed, because it's hard to know how we can help. I guess we just keep the thread active, hoping for a break to come -- check in when we can.

I like to believe Paul is hanging out in a cabin somewhere in the Beartooth or Crazy Mountains, spending his days hiking and picking wild strawberries or maybe huckleberries if he is farther northwest. Once in awhile he hitchhikes into a town and checks on his sons via their Facebook pages and then comes onto websleuths and reads our posts, lol. By now Paul realizes he has people all around the country who are wishing him well and home. That’s my hope for him, his family and friends.

How likely that scenario, I don’t know. But I have come to personally believe that disappearing — either into the river or into the mountains — was a very intentional act on Paul’s part.

100 days missing.

I like to believe Paul is hanging out in a cabin somewhere in the Beartooth or Crazy Mountains, spending his days hiking and picking wild strawberries or maybe huckleberries if he is farther northwest. Once in awhile he hitchhikes into a town and checks on his sons via their Facebook pages and then comes onto websleuths and reads our posts, lol. By now Paul realizes he has people all around the country who are wishing him well and home. That’s my hope for him, his family and friends.

How likely that scenario, I don’t know. But I have come to personally believe that disappearing — either into the river or into the mountains — was a very intentional act on Paul’s part.

100 days missing.

Okay, every time I think of Paul, I picture him at a cabin. For real, I do!

That is an interesting theory. I always thought it was odd how they never returned after promising details. I do think Paul is alive, so I think this is an option. And, we've seen stranger things, right?

That is an interesting theory. I always thought it was odd how they never returned after promising details. I do think Paul is alive, so I think this is an option. And, we've seen stranger things, right?

Yep, we've seen stranger things... and, why again, is it we keep seeing stranger things??

Right -- because we deeply care...possibly, what the universe would say is "too much" -- but we can't stop.

And we wouldn't have it any other way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back