Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your not alone in this theory. Only thing making me doubt my instinct here would be why would she torture her family with that phone call? Why not just kill herself? Which makes me really think hard on murder for hire.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that would be some heavy duty mind games and manipulation - like the woman in Texas who killed her daughters in front of her husband.

IMO there would be a calmness about her if not a homicide.

Daughter has described her mother as hysterical during the phone call

Why would they promise a photo and then not release it?

Perhaps because they determined the Person of Interest is not involved. Or maybe the POI on video was determined to be her.
Or maybe the POI is involved and they are busy investigating and we'll soon hear of an arrest.

We don't know yet.

jmo
I want to know all of this too. They are driving us nuts but they appear to be doing a thorough investigation and I do appreciate it. It just hard to hear that it's random but there's no threat.

Would suicide negate a life insurance payout? Could that be a motive IF it was herself?

Just seems very weird no word on POI, ESPECIALLY if he nervous and fearful of press and being captured, it seems like a public safety issue to not give info on a POI if they have it

Im not quite sure you can say someone suicidal would be calm. It could be a mental break

How common is it for suicides to shoot themselves in the chest?
I dunno, but I have read numerous times that women don't generally choose suicide by gun to begin with. Can't link or prove cause I'm at work on my phone. But this case has caught me good.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't know why someone would do that. It does seem especially cruel.

It's possible she was not thinking straight. If she was in the process of committing suicide, she was hurting and in pain in her heart. She might have thought it was easier to give this scenario than to have her family think she wasn't strong enough to keep on living. We can't always understand the motives and thought-processes of someone who is suicidal.

Again, we do not know if she committed suicide at this point. It could've been murder. We don't know yet.

jmo

Wow, it would be a total mind trip. She was supposed to go shopping soon for wedding dresses with her daughter. It is so hard to believe. I don't know what to think. It would explain the strange time frame. Either way it is just very sad.

And to place oneself in one's car's trunk...there's no need to go that far

Would suicide negate a life insurance payout? Could that be a motive IF it was herself?

Just seems very weird no word on POI, ESPECIALLY if he nervous and fearful of press and being captured, it seems like a public safety issue to not give info on a POI if they have it

If this is a "motive" for suicide, she'd have to pull it off without her fingerprints on the gun....I mean, it's her gun so hers would be on it, but not in a gun-pointing-at-herself position. She'd almost have to be wearing gloves to leave no prints....but then that would be obvious, too.

And to place oneself in one's car's trunk...there's no need to go that far

Cheryl DeBoer crawled into a culvert, put a plastic bag over her head and drowned/suffocated herself to death. All while having a razor blade in her pocket. Suicide often makes no sense at all :(.

Im not quite sure you can say someone suicidal would be calm. It could be a mental break

The statements that she did make during the phone conversation to daughter & husband...no indication that she was speaking irrationally or was confused or having a psychotic break

It may not be useful to overthink this. It was a passing thought based on what many people, myself included, do in the UK for local reasons. I realise it may not apply in the US. Petrol/gasoline prices are around $7.50 to $8 a gallon here at present. A few years ago they were between $9 and $10.

:scared:

Whatever her reasons - if she committed suicide this way she would have to be convincing or she might not have been calm at all. Locked in a trunk (unless she called before getting in the trunk which is possible, I think) and about to shoot yourself while trying to convince your family you've been carjacked - I think she might be panicking.

To echo other posters, Where's the Sketch of POI?!?!

buckshot flies everywhere, making for a horrific sight outside of the body.

bullets just usually make a hole (size depending on caliber) then travel around damaging internally.

Can you explain a bit more? I don't know anything about firearms!

Not a stop in Idaho, but a license plate reader picked up her plate passing through Post Falls, on the I-90 east of Spokane. Reports don't say when and I don't know how the license plate detection computer system los info, but Post Falls is about 30 mins from Spokane Airport
Thank you for posting this. I remembered seeing it on FB yesterday but I since can't find where I read it. I was beginning to think I imagined reading this lol.

maybe she threw her wallet out the window because she was suicidal and knew she didn't need it? and someone picked it up and used it? and earlier the cops thought that may be the perp?

idk just mulling things over.

Do we know who used the card? If so, please post a link as I missed that.

If we do know someone else used the card, then yes, I think she was carjacked and I would be off the fence. Clue me in if we know someone other than her used the card.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members