Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering how this could be a paid hit if she randomly stopped at the rest stop. That doesn't add up to me.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

A hit man could have been following her for a while and waiting for an opportunity. Or he could have been told her route--maybe she made the trip frequently and always had to stop there due to a weak bladder and no other bathroom options. Although I will say it would not make much sense for a hit man to not just kill her on the spot. Why take her so far away and then kill her and leave? It is senseless. Unless he left the phone with her on purpose to terrorize her family...IDK. I think a hit man is unlikely but more likely than suicide, IMO. I just hope her family is not reading this board. All these people theorizing she made up her story and killed herself and we have very little info but no info from LE to suggest suicide. The police were listening in on the call. They have video of someone using her card to fill up her vehicle. They have a POI. They haven't mentioned yet whether they found the gun or not. Nothing I have read points to suicide. Just a senseless act of violence, IMO.

I'm not saying it was a suicide. I'm saying I don't think it was possibly a hit. At all.

I think you have to question the quality of the journalism in many of these stories. They are often city kids who, for eg, have no idea what a rest stop is.

Yes, someone may stop at a gas station for a "rest stop" but a rest stop is not always a gas station. I believe the gas station writer did not actually read or look at pictures of the location. They may also be conflating the info that LE has video of a POI using her credit card to fill her car at a gas station with the location of her attack.

I'm not saying it was a suicide. I'm saying I don't think it was possibly a hit. At all.

I believe it was random violence/crime of opportunity as well. I was just trying to come up with a reason why LE would say there was no need to fear a suspect on the loose--that reason could be because they know who did it already.

I believe it was random violence/crime of opportunity as well. I was just trying to come up with a reason why LE would say there was no need to fear a suspect on the loose--that reason could be because they know who did it already.
LE says that all the time. Have you ever heard them say that everyone should be afraid? I understand what you're saying, but LE doesn't tell people to panic. ;)

LE says that all the time. Have you ever heard them say that everyone should be afraid? I understand what you're saying, but LE doesn't tell people to panic. ;)

Have you followed the Pike County murders? Heck LE told everyone to arm themselves.

Have you followed the Pike County murders? Heck LE told everyone to arm themselves.
Yes. That is the only time I've seen them say anything different than people don't need to be alarmed. I still believe that they generally try to keep people calm, and avoid chaos.

Rita's daughter says her mom had no enemies: http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ntana-woman-who-called-them-after-kidnapping/

Also an excellent map there:
WEB-kidnapped-woman-2-1020x870.jpg

So according to this map her bankcard was used twice.

I looked in on this thread originally because it was one of those cases where I thought to myself..."hey, that could have been me". But as the day has gone on with a strange absence of some details, mixed signals from LE and a sad, confusing conclusion...I'm no longer so sure.

I do not understand why the phone tracking was not more efficient if the police were involved. I know it doesn't always run as neatly and as speedily as is does on tv but surely 12 hours and some pings and some timely BOLOs could have helped here.

I understand the comparison to Cheryl Deboer as it was another "it could have been me" cases. Like hers, this would be quite a strange suicide plot to create. Perhaps in this case it started as a cry for attention and devolved in to a desperate struggle to even continue living...

Can you elaborate a little bit? I am missing it but always appreciate this line of linking thinking...

Tester's uncle is a Montana senator. The car jacking/kidnapping took place near Helena. Car was found in Spokane, not far from Spangle, where Tester was murdered. The timeline fits. Murder of Tester at approx 7AM and kidnapping later that evening. Not saying there is a connection, just interesting paths to cross in this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. That is the only time I've seen them say anything different than people don't need to be alarmed. I still believe that they generally try to keep people calm, and avoid chaos.

I think they said the same thing after Amanda Blackburn's murder and after Missy Bevers' murder. Murderers out there in your neighborhood but stay chill.

I would have had trouble sleeping if I lived anywhere near Amanda. (She's the one who was shot during a home invasion and didn't know her attackers.)

I looked in on this thread originally because it was one of those cases where I thought to myself..."hey, that could have been me". But as the day has gone on with a strange absence of some details, mixed signals from LE and a sad, confusing conclusion...I'm no longer so sure.

I do not understand why the phone tracking was not more efficient if the police were involved. I know it doesn't always run as neatly and as speedily as is does on tv but surely 12 hours and some pings and some timely BOLOs could have helped here.

I understand the comparison to Cheryl Deboer as it was another "it could have been me" cases. Like hers, this would be quite a strange suicide plot to create. Perhaps in this case it started as a cry for attention and devolved in to a desperate struggle to even continue living...

They didn't have 12 hours....she was not reported missing until after 8PM. She was found at 12:30. I think that's pretty quick, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member