Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't have 12 hours....she was not reported missing until after 8PM. She was found at 12:30. I think that's pretty quick, actually.

Good point and the call was around 10 or 10:30 PM (according to a previous article saying she called approx 2 hours after she was reported missing).

They didn't have 12 hours....she was not reported missing until after 8PM. She was found at 12:30. I think that's pretty quick, actually.
Do we have a timeline of the first contact? I believe the last contact was 10pm...
The 47-year-old managed to make multiple calls to her husband Bill, daughter Rochelle and the police after being kidnapped late Tuesday morning, according to the Lewis and Clark County Sheriff’s Office.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...killed-single-gunshot-wound-article-1.2783793

Tester's uncle is a Montana senator. The car jacking/kidnapping took place near Helena. Car was found in Spokane, not far from Spangle, where Tester was murdered. The timeline fits. Murder of Tester at approx 7AM and kidnapping later that evening. Not saying there is a connection, just interesting paths to cross in this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and I think Tester went to high school in Great Falls, Montana. I thought about doing a thread for him too. His case is sad and his poor daughter went through so much and was the only witness.

I have a few questions.

Did she call 911 before calling her husband?

If she called 911 first, wouldn't they keep her on the line?

ETA As much as I love my husband and would want to hear his voice, I think in her situation I would've called 911.

Do we have a timeline of the first contact? I believe the last contact was 10pm...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...killed-single-gunshot-wound-article-1.2783793

It has been a bit confusing as to how many calls she made while in the trunk. Early reports were that there were multiple calls but later reports make it sound like there was only one call from the trunk during her kidnapping. She called her husband at 10 AM (before being kidnapped) and there was no hint of anything wrong when she talked to him. And she called again for 10 minutes aprox 2 hours after she was reported missing. Then the phone cut off and they did not hear from her again. So I think there was only one call and some newspapers are reporting the 10 AM call as "multiple calls" to her husband from the trunk. Hopefully the details will get clearer. Right now every paper wants a scoop and they are rushing to publish so details can get mixed up. JMO.

I have a few questions.

Did she call 911 before calling her husband?

If she called 911 first, wouldn't they keep her on the line?

Well, now that's an excellent point! I can't believe that has not been brought up yet! And no, they have not said, anywhere, that she called 911.

This furthers my suicide assumption.

It has been a bit confusing as to how many calls she made while in the trunk. Early reports were that there were multiple calls but later reports make it sound like there was only one call from the trunk during her kidnapping. She called her husband at 10 AM (before being kidnapped) and there was no hint of anything wrong when she talked to him. And she called again for 10 minutes aprox 2 hours after she was reported missing. Then the phone cut off and they did not hear from her again. So I think there was only one call and some newspapers are reporting the 10 AM call as "multiple calls" to her husband from the trunk. Hopefully the details will get clearer. Right now every paper wants a scoop and they are rushing to publish so details can get mixed up. JMO.

The media reporting has been so terrible and irresponsible with this one!! Ugh.

From what I can gather from the MANY differing accounts in MSM, her family heard from her at 11:30 a.m., she was reported missing around 8:30pm, she contacted family between 10 and 10:30 again, and she was found deceased at 12:30 a.m.

And she never called 911 from the trunk, right? She called her family, but not LE. They were the ones who called LE, before they received calls from her. Isn't that odd? If I were kidnapped in a trunk, my first call would be to 911!

I was firmly on the side of this being a homicide/car jacking earlier today. But as time goes on, it is starting to look more like a suicide. :cry: Not calling 911 is really odd. They could have tracked her cell and rescued her. I would have called them first thing.

And it also bothered me that a carjacker would put the victim in the trunk and not check for her cell first. :no:

Worth noting: FBI statement on #RitaMaze case references "death" investigation. No mention of murder/kidnap.

A KXLY reporter just tweeted that.

If she thought it was the last call she would be able to make maybe she called her family to say goodbye.

She kept a gun in her car. Not all, but many people who carry do so because they don't want to depend on LE to get there in time. She may have felt her husband would find her/help her faster than cops. Or she may have thought she had no chance against her attacker and called to say goodbye. I know quite few people who carry and that is their feelings on calling 911. There are viral memes about it--"when seconds matter, the police are minutes away" ***Disclaimer: I am NOT saying whether I agree or trying to start any kinds of debate, just saying what many gun-owners believe and a reason why she may not have called 911 first***

@KREMlindsay:

Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich says they have not ruled out any possible means in which Rita Maze died, that includes kidnapping, homicide, suicide

Still if you plan to make a suicide look like homicide you might want to consider the gun powder residue on your hands. Once that's found it's clear what happened.

Still if you plan to make a suicide look like homicide you might want to consider the gun powder residue on your hands. Once that's found it's clear what happened.

Unless there was a struggle with the gun.

And we still don't have any report on where they found the gun or even IF they found the gun. I'm at the point I think I will just wait for a press conference from LE. They are being tight-lipped for a reason but that reason is anybody's guess.

Maybe while we wait for LE to address the conflicting reports, we could make a list of everything reported so far and try to make some sense of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member