Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they were expecting her home. About 5 hours before she finally called them. She had a phone with her in the trunk for 10 hours and never called 911 or home?! Yah right.

And did not use the emergency trunk latch in her own trunk???? JMO

Nancy Grace expert is saying that one thing the ME is looking for in a toxicology report is poisoning from the exhaust fumes of the car. Meaning they may be holding back the manner of death because the car fumes could have played a role in speeding her death or they think she was unconscious/semi-conscious from the fumes when shot.

If she was unconscious...then who answered the phone when LE called? The kidnapper? He answers her phone....then shoots her?

http://www.khq.com/story/33054514/fbi-confirms-no-person-of-interest-in-rita-maze-case

Newly filed court documents bring up even more questions, an officer said she called Maze's cell phone number about 10:00 p.m. Tuesday night. Someone answered and the officer said there were gunshots, then silence.

Gunshots and then silence. If it was a kidnapper...I would assume it wouldn't be silence. It would be the truck closing or something. But perhaps they are withholding that sort of info?

I was gone for many hours and came back and saw tons of new pages here. Was hoping for some answers. But I'm even more confused than before!

http://www.khq.com/story/33054514/fbi-confirms-no-person-of-interest-in-rita-maze-case

Newly filed court documents bring up even more questions, an officer said she called Maze's cell phone number about 10:00 p.m. Tuesday night. Someone answered and the officer said there were gunshots, then silence.

I'm so confused. What court documents would LE be filing at this point? Are they pressing charges against someone for a false report? They have no POI and no arrest so what other "court documents" would there be?

So before she called her husband at 10:25 pm, LE called her number at 10:00 pm.

Well that would explain the hysteria. "Why did you call the police!?!? I have been kidnapped and now you could have put me in danger! Call off the police!!"

(Just a theory. I think she was desperate for time to be alone and think, and finding out she was wanted pushed her over the edge.)

I'm just curious, what would happen to the Go Fund Me money if this was ruled a suicide? I'm not saying that's what I think it is, I'm just wondering.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I think people would still feel for her family and donate although some would probably be angry.

I'm just curious, what would happen to the Go Fund Me money if this was ruled a suicide? I'm not saying that's what I think it is, I'm just wondering.

People are donating to the family at a time of loss. In my opinion, a suicide does not change that.

jmo

And how lucky for the carjacker that she just happened to have a gun in the car for him to shoot her with. ONE. SHOT.

I wonder if there is not some kind of protocol for entering a car at the scene of a crime, especially if it is expected that there is someone in the trunk and a possible perpetrator on the run? Could the police have broken the window to reach the seat latch to check the trunk? This would mean that evidence on the front doors, keys, steering wheel etc is left intact...

If there is imminent threat to life "clear and present danger", I believe law enforcement are allowed to "break in" to a car/residence/boat/whatever without a warrant. Another point I'd appreciate clarified :)

I think people would still feel for her family and donate although some would probably be angry.
That's what I think, too. I guess I'm also wondering if they would be able to keep the money since the story was false. Just curious.

IF, in fact, she wasn't abducted, I HIGHLY doubt the family was involved, so hopefully they could keep the money.

I think the collected monies were to go towards service and funeral expenses...I am sure those that contributed to that cause would still be empathetic if it turned out to be suicide? A mother/daughter/wife is still dead and will need to be laid to rest and a family will still need time to grieve...I hope people will be kind...suicide is a special kind of agony for all involved...

That makes sense while the car was moving but we know it stopped at least twice
Do most people know where this emergency thing is?

I just realized that I've never noticed! If course, I currently drive an SUV, so it's irrelevant. :)

So before she called her husband at 10:25 pm, LE called her number at 10:00 pm.

What? How could LE call her and hear gunshots at 10 if she was on the phone with her husband at 10:25?

I thought LE found her five minutes after the gunshots, which was 12:30am.

I'm thinking perhaps the reporter has something wrong. ???

I think the collected monies were to go towards service and funeral expenses...I am sure those that contributed to that cause would still be empathetic if it turned out to be suicide? A mother/daughter/wife is still dead and will need to be laid to rest and a family will still need time to grieve...I hope people will be kind...suicide is a special kind of agony for all involved...
Yes, I agree. I'm glad to see that others feel the same. It's a cold world these days.

OT: Sorry for my awful grammar in my posts, everyone! I didn't proofread. I'm lazy today. Ha.

Do most people know where this emergency thing is?

I just realized that I've never noticed! If course, I currently drive an SUV, so it's irrelevant. :)
Grand Prix owners Manual page 2-14:
There is a glow-in-the-dark emergency trunk release handle located on the trunk latch of the trunk lid.
This handle will glow following exposure to light. If ever needed, pull the emergency trunk release handle to open the trunk from the inside.
http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manual/pontiac/2006-Pontiac-GrandPrix.pdf

if that is the rest stop, i know i wouldnt stop there. it looks creepy. im thinking maybe she had just used it and he was watching her and as soon as she came out, then he hit her on head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08