Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone keeps thinking suicide but what I can't get over is the fact she was in the trunk!! At an airport!! HOW would they not hear a gun go off at an airport?!?!

She wasn't at the airport, but in a trucking company parking lot near the airport.

Cheryl DeBoer crawled into a culvert, put a plastic bag over her head and drowned/suffocated herself to death. All while having a razor blade in her pocket. Suicide often makes no sense at all :(.

if you can believe that. i have a hard time believing that theory, but of course that is JMOO

This is from the Great Falls paper and appears to have been fact checked, tho I wish it stated which time zones are being used.
Timeline
• 11 a.m.: Rita Maze, after visiting family in Helena, fills up with gas at a Holiday Station in Helena and begins the drive home to Great Falls on Interstate 15.
11:25 a.m.: Maze speaks to her husband, Bob, by cellphone, telling him that she might go visit her mother before leaving Helena.
• 3:40 p.m.: Bob Maze begins to worry about his wife and called her multiple times.
• 4:15 p.m.: A credit card of Maze’s is used in a convenience store in Kingston, Idaho.
• 5:30 p.m.: Bob Maze calls his daughter, Rochelle Maze, and the two begin calling family.
• 8:20 p.m.: The Maze family reports her missing to authorities.
• 9 p.m.: Authorities begin trying to search for the phone. A license-plate reader also picked up Maze’s car in Post Falls, Idaho. A license plate reader takes a photo of the license plate.
• 9:55 p.m.: Maze’s credit card is used in Ritzville, Wash.
• At 10:25 p.m.: Maze calls her husband and daughter. She tells them she’s in a trunk of a vehicle, but she’s not sure if it’s hers. She said she was struck on the head and forced into the trunk of her car at a rest stop near Wolf Creek north of Helena. Also, sometime in the late evening, a Helena police officer, searching for Maze, calls her cellphone number and she answers. They speak for 10 minutes. She tells him she doesn’t know where she’s at.
• 11 p.m.: The Spokane County Sheriff’s Office is notified by the Helena Police Department that Maze is missing and is possibly in the area of Spokane County. • 1:30 a.m.: Following Maze’s cellphone, Spokane County Sheriff’s Office deputies find Maze’s black Grand Prix on the 7600 block of West Geiger Blvd., which is near the Spokane International Airport just west of Spokane. Maze is in the car, deceased. Nobody else was found at the scene./QUOTE]

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...reat-falls-woman-found-near-spokane/90021112/

Yikes. I commute about an hour both ways and use my awesome sister's car in which I am not allowed to smoke. There's a cool rest stop/geological site with walking trails and I stop there pretty much every evening. I'm always careful and usually just stand right outside the car (wildfire season so I'm very careful about that) but now I'm going to be super duper careful and always text or call Mr flourish when I arrive and leave. I have gone on the walking trails a little and got startled half to pieces by a wild rabbit 🐰 lol.

This is from the Great Falls paper and appears to have been fact checked, tho I wish it stated which time zones are being used.
Timeline
• 11 a.m.: Rita Maze, after visiting family in Helena, fills up with gas at a Holiday Station in Helena and begins the drive home to Great Falls on Interstate 15.
11:25 a.m.: Maze speaks to her husband, Bob, by cellphone, telling him that she might go visit her mother before leaving Helena.
• 3:40 p.m.: Bob Maze begins to worry about his wife and called her multiple times.
• 4:15 p.m.: A credit card of Maze’s is used in a convenience store in Kingston, Idaho.
• 5:30 p.m.: Bob Maze calls his daughter, Rochelle Maze, and the two begin calling family.
• 8:20 p.m.: The Maze family reports her missing to authorities.
• 9 p.m.: Authorities begin trying to search for the phone. A license-plate reader also picked up Maze’s car in Post Falls, Idaho. A license plate reader takes a photo of the license plate.
• 9:55 p.m.: Maze’s credit card is used in Ritzville, Wash.
• At 10:25 p.m.: Maze calls her husband and daughter. She tells them she’s in a trunk of a vehicle, but she’s not sure if it’s hers. She said she was struck on the head and forced into the trunk of her car at a rest stop near Wolf Creek north of Helena. Also, sometime in the late evening, a Helena police officer, searching for Maze, calls her cellphone number and she answers. They speak for 10 minutes. She tells him she doesn’t know where she’s at.
• 11 p.m.: The Spokane County Sheriff’s Office is notified by the Helena Police Department that Maze is missing and is possibly in the area of Spokane County. • 1:30 a.m.: Following Maze’s cellphone, Spokane County Sheriff’s Office deputies find Maze’s black Grand Prix on the 7600 block of West Geiger Blvd., which is near the Spokane International Airport just west of Spokane. Maze is in the car, deceased. Nobody else was found at the scene./QUOTE]

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...reat-falls-woman-found-near-spokane/90021112/

Excellent to see it laid out like this. Thank you.

I do wonder if she staged this for insurance purposes. I feel horrible typing it but it is crossing my mind. Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the more i read more about this, the more confused i get. i see it going both ways, but my hinky meter is steadily going up.

Something else that is niggling at me. Wouldn't she know if it's her trunk? Even if blindfolded the smell and stuff in the trunk the lay out ect ect?

OK, from the first post I'm getting this "feeling". I want to hear more details about how she was found. Did she die from gunshot wound? Was it her own gun? What "doesn't line up" for LE? Could there have been some mental distress going on? Could this be self inflicted? It's just very much too strange right now.

I'm probably way off. That happens plenty to me. But been here long enough to say wth.

Either way RIP Rita. This must have been awful for her family as it was occurring.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Revisiting my thoughts from the beginning. I still feel that this is a suicide.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Something else that is niggling at me. Wouldn't she know if it's her trunk? Even if blindfolded the smell and stuff in the trunk the lay out ect ect?

Translation: don't look for my car.

Based on her fb she followed some missing cases. :(

if it was suicide, i wonder:thinking: if she got any ideas from the cases she followed? did she follow WS?

The biggest problems I have with an abduction story are:
-the purse and gun are in the car but somehow she has the phone in the trunk - very few people drive with their phones in their pockets.
-she is able to gauge that she has been in trunk for long time but does not respond to calls, does not attempt to escape -despite an apparently visible emergency release and 2 known stops at gas stations.
-does not call 911 as her first call

If her phone was on for the duration of the day, there will be a map of pings and eventually we should know more but for now I can not suspend my disbelief of the 'rest stop abductor theory'.

She knew about the murder suspect carjacking incident from last year in Helena. No way she didn't.

JMO of course.

MSM is starting to change headlines and leading paragraphs from an abduction story to doubting the abduction story:

"Tale of 'Kidnapped' Montana Woman Calling From Car Trunk Appears to Unravel"

"Authorities are seriously questioning the incredible story of the Montana woman who was found dead in Washington after having told her husband and police that she'd been kidnapped and was calling them from the trunk of her own car."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...man-calling-car-trunk-appears-unravel-n645271

"In the purse, deputies found about $50 in cash, a folding knife and two semi automatic 9mm pistol magazines."

http://www.krem.com/news/local/spok...-found-dead-died-from-gunshot-wound/315606109

I don't know if this has been mentioned before ... but find it a bit strange that her purse was left, with cash still in it. I'm not understanding what the motive was for a kidnapping/carjacking.

She stopped twice for cash....$25 each time.

I assumed she spent the cash, but she kept it in her purse??

jmo

Also thinking if she staged this wouldn't she get rid of her purse and money to look like a robbery? It was all found there. Idk what to think. I hope she is at peace and her family is embraced with peace.

Also thinking if she staged this wouldn't she get rid of her purse and money to look like a robbery? It was all found there. Idk what to think. I hope she is at peace and her family is embraced with peace.

Me too. There is love in the family and I hope that sustains them during this difficult time. No matter what happened, they lost a loved one, and that is very hard.

$10k was originally requested for funeral expenses. The person in the community says the remainder will be split between family members - husband is laid off, daughter to be used for her dream wedding, and son and his two children.

now, i understand funeral/travel expenses and helping the dad since he's laid off but to be used as a dream wedding for the daughter? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper