Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think one can withdraw any money without a pin number.

Do you have contactless payments in the US? Here in the UK, most debit cards can be waved past a card reader for payments up to £20 (about $25) so no pin needed for small payments.

Do you have contactless payments in the US? Here in the UK, most debit cards can be waved past a card reader for payments up to £20 (about $25) so no pin needed for small payments.

I don't think we have that here? Never heard of it.

This is such a bizarre story. Part of me hopes it was suicide because the thought of some random evil person abducting a middle-aged woman in broad daylight for no apparent motive or reason is frightening.

The story sounds fishy and just doesn't make sense. Earlier, someone asked why her purse would be in the front, yet she had her phone. I could see that as plausible. If I was stopping quickly to use restroom, I might bring my phone with me but leave my purse. But probably under my seat or something - not in plain view. Especially with a gun.

Some more things that don't make sense....Her daughter is getting married. I have a hard time imagining a person who is going thru so much thought and planning to commit suicide would do it right before a wedding. That is so hurtful to the daughter and family. I could better understand it if the suicide was an impulsive decision. But this was very drawn out - calling family, police, etc. I wonder if she was just wanting attention (make up kidnap story), but then realized police were about to find her with GPS tracking, and felt shamed and knew the gig was up, so killed herself. That doesn't sound plausible either though.

Really - no scenario here makes any sense.

The mentioning of the dream wedding in the is ODD!

AND...

Just how far does the person setting up the crowd funding think 10k will go? A simple no frills funeral service could easily exceed 10k by itself much less cover other things thays been stated the money will go towards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Her phone must have a killer battery to still have a charge after being in the trunk all day, presumably constantly searching for a signal, which drains the battery......

Does she have a car charger?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

$10k was originally requested for funeral expenses. The person in the community says the remainder will be split between family members - husband is laid off, daughter to be used for her dream wedding, and son and his two children.

The above info kind of leans me more towards suicide theory.

She had just visited her Mother, who was very ill.

Her husband had been laid off, so they have some financial issues...

Her daughter wants a dream wedding...

Her son has two children to support...

All of the above seems like recipe for lot of stress...

The mentioning of the dream wedding in the is ODD!

AND...

Just how far does the person setting up the crowd funding think 10k will go? A simple no frills funeral service could easily exceed 10k by itself much less cover other things thays been stated the money will go towards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The goal of $10k was exceeded and it's going on $18k now. So whatever doesn't go towards funeral expenses is to be used by the family.

Some more things that don't make sense....Her daughter is getting married. I have a hard time imagining a person who is going thru so much thought and planning to commit suicide would do it right before a wedding. That is so hurtful to the daughter and family. I could better understand it if the suicide was an impulsive decision. But this was very drawn out - calling family, police, etc. I wonder if she was just wanting attention (make up kidnap story), but then realized police were about to find her with GPS tracking, and felt shamed and knew the gig was up, so killed herself. That doesn't sound plausible either though.

But it sounds to me like her daughters Dream Wedding was a pretty stressful situation for them with both parents being out of work.

My hinky meter is going offf big time. I feel for her family. Whatever caused her death,may she RIP.

Taylor Sheats mother killed her, her other daughter Madison, and herself(suicide by cop essentially)days before Taylor was supposed to get married...unfortunately as this unravels more, the stranger it gets. I think someone may be on to something when they said perhaps this was set up for insurance purposes.

I don't think we have that here? Never heard of it.

It's fairly new, but there are security concerns because the signal between the chip in the card and the card reader can be picked up and read by handheld scanners a few feet away. So if you have one of these scanners and are standing in a queue/line and someone ahead of you uses their card contactless you can pick up enough data to potentially clone their card. There have also been cases of people being charged twice, once in the normal way and once contactless.

The banks like contactless, I gather, but I refuse to use it.

Her phone must have a killer battery to still have a charge after being in the trunk all day, presumably constantly searching for a signal, which drains the battery......

There are apps which reduce battery usage dramatically. I used to have to charge my Galaxy S5 every night. Now I only do it every 3 or 4 days.

All of the above seems like recipe for lot of stress...

Or, and I voice this with some trepidation, the recipe for an attempted financial scam which went badly wrong.

Is it possible that the court documents mentioned earlier relate to suspicion of an attempted fraud and looking for evidence of that?

There are apps which reduce battery usage dramatically. I used to have to charge my Galaxy S5 every night. Now I only do it every 3 or 4 days.

My guess is that she had her phone off during most of the day. I'm sure her family tried to reach her when she didn't arrive home, but she didn't answer. Maybe she didn't answer because she had the phone off for some alone time. If her phone was off, the battery wouldn't be draining.

Or maybe she had a car charger.

Or maybe it was fully charged in the morning and it didn't drain because she didn't use it until the phone call home at night-time.

My assumption is that she wasn't in the trunk attempting to find a signal all day.

jmopinion

If making purchases, some places here don't seem to ask for pin (even for amounts over $25), and some do for any amount. At least that has been my experience. If withdrawing from ATM, pin seems to be needed at all times regardless of an amount.

I don't know what to think ,it has gave me a headache. Why the need for search warrants and 'Probable Cause declarations if they think this was a staged suicide ? Was the ''POI'' on the video a witness they wanted to track down? How many times had she made this trip ? Did she always stop at that rest stop and family members knew that? Did she even have life insurance? I cannot see blood leaking out of a trunk in a few minutes and I cannot see someone shooting themselves in the chest at a downward angle and then climbing into the trunk . So I am going to take some Motrin and toss and turn over this one.

Police can't just search a house (or a car) without a search warrant no matter what they think. An owner can give permission. Other than that police need a search warrant. Sometimes police would want a search warrant even if owner gave permission just to be sure evidence is admissible.

Just read the entire thread and could argue it seems like an abduction and homicide, and also suicide.

The kicker for me is daughters dream wedding, husband out of work, middle aged female victim with ailing mother, returning from visit to see family + everything else

This makes me lean towards a staged abduction, and suicide made to look like a homicide. If we hear there is a life insurance policy that will cement my theory.

Suicide doesn't make sense but when does it ever make sense? Maybe Rita felt this was a solution to everyone's problems :dunno:

It could be a homicide, stranger things have happened.

The broken window. If this was staged, Rita said she had been hit over the head and abducted, maybe she headbutted the window to injure herself thinking it wouldn't be considered odd for the car to have a broken window in the scenario she had told, or maybe she didn't think the window would break. It would be interesting to know if they found any glass on in the inside or outside of the car. No glass would mean the window was broken from the inside, but not where the car was found.... I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper