Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone answer this? What court documents would there be right now? Is this just another example of bad reporting or what?

According to a media tweet court documents are for 'Probable Cause' ...I suppose for a car and cell phone search....
[video=twitter;774009518824886272]https://twitter.com/kremmark/status/774009518824886272[/video]

if it was suicide, i wonder:thinking: if she got any ideas from the cases she followed? did she follow WS?

What I see is she shared some Amber Alerts and other posts asking people to share in order to find a missing person or identify a criminal. I wouldn't say that's really following cases, could also be just doing your social media duty to get the word out.

Was it Rita's idea to go to Helena in the first place?
Was she going to see family one last time?
Was she sad about her daughter moving out/wedding/growing up?
Was Rita's birthday this coming weekend a joy or a painful reminder of getting closer to 50?
Was she on any antidepressants?
How long has Rita owned the Ruger???

It will be interesting to learn if there was activity on her phone from the time she was kidnapped at the rest area until she called her husband.

I'd like to know if Rita recently emptied out the trunk of her car...

Was it Rita's idea to go to Helena in the first place?
Was she going to see family one last time?
Was she sad about her daughter moving out/wedding/growing up?
Was Rita's birthday this coming weekend a joy or a painful reminder of getting closer to 50?
Was she on any antidepressants?
How long has Rita owned the Ruger???

I wanted to know more about the extended family in Helena (not only her parents but 10 siblings.) I was talking to a friend about the case and she thought the trip to Helena might have been to say her final goodbyes (if it were suicide.)

I also read in one newspaper account that she did not have a job at this time, was taking time out to be with family. With a husband out of work?

I don't know what to think ,it has gave me a headache. Why the need for search warrants and 'Probable Cause declarations if they think this was a staged suicide ? Was the ''POI'' on the video a witness they wanted to track down? How many times had she made this trip ? Did she always stop at that rest stop and family members knew that? Did she even have life insurance? I cannot see blood leaking out of a trunk in a few minutes and I cannot see someone shooting themselves in the chest at a downward angle and then climbing into the trunk . So I am going to take some Motrin and toss and turn over this one.

"In the purse, deputies found about $50 in cash, a folding knife and two semi automatic 9mm pistol magazines."

http://www.krem.com/news/local/spok...-found-dead-died-from-gunshot-wound/315606109

I don't know if this has been mentioned before ... but find it a bit strange that her purse was left, with cash still in it. I'm not understanding what the motive was for a kidnapping/carjacking.
Well, there's the smoking gun (no pun intended) for me! I'm so sorry for the family. Her daughter seems to adore her. Awful.

Just another thought in my head. Sleepless night le sigh.
Although I'm leaning towards she did this sadly what if she knew someone from her moms town that she had been hanging out with and it turned bad? Perhaps police already know this hence why no threat to community. Idk. Jmo I have so many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

now, i understand funeral/travel expenses and helping the dad since he's laid off but to be used as a dream wedding for the daughter? :confused:
I don't have a problem with it. I wouldn't do it myself, but the page is transparent about how they plan to use the money. Anyone who donates is doing it of their own free will.

I don't know what to think ,it has gave me a headache. Why the need for search warrants and 'Probable Cause declarations if they think this was a staged suicide ? Was the ''POI'' on the video a witness they wanted to track down? How many times had she made this trip ? Did she always stop at that rest stop and family members knew that? Did she even have life insurance? I cannot see blood leaking out of a trunk in a few minutes and I cannot see someone shooting themselves in the chest at a downward angle and then climbing into the trunk . So I am going to take some Motrin and toss and turn over this one.
They need warrants in order to properly investigate. It's protocol. And they can't just label it a suicide if they "think so." It starts with an investigation.

now, i understand funeral/travel expenses and helping the dad since he's laid off but to be used as a dream wedding for the daughter? :confused:

To be more accurate, it says dream wedding dress and wedding expenses.

Rita did post a beautiful wedding gown on her FB :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probable cause for search warrant for house and computers?

Those thing are done in preparation for criminal charges..So if there is no suspect alive in the case,it makes little since to issue them. I mean what is the probable cause for ?? I am probably missing something.Knowing myself.

The biggest problems I have with an abduction story are:
-the purse and gun are in the car but somehow she has the phone in the trunk - very few people drive with their phones in their pockets.
-she is able to gauge that she has been in trunk for long time but does not respond to calls, does not attempt to escape -despite an apparently visible emergency release and 2 known stops at gas stations.
-does not call 911 as her first call

If her phone was on for the duration of the day, there will be a map of pings and eventually we should know more but for now I can not suspend my disbelief of the 'rest stop abductor theory'.
SABBM

Thought the gun was found in the trunk with her ? As well as two shell casings ?

Have to get to sleep... hope the family will have definite answers soon.
Sorry for their terrible loss... and if this was intentional suicide-- I am so sorry that Rita was in a dark place, whatever her reasons !!!

They need warrants in order to properly investigate. It's protocol. And they can't just label it a suicide if they "think so." It starts with an investigation.

Ideally. I suppose ,I never have seen a probable cause statement in a suspected suicide ,I thought they just waited for the ME ruling.

SABBM

Thought the gun was found in the trunk with her ? As well as two shell casings ?

Have to get to sleep... hope the family will have definite answers soon.
Sorry for their terrible loss... and if this was intentional suicide-- I am so sorry that Rita was in a dark place, whatever her reasons !!!
Yes, she was found with a gun and casings in the trunk, it's just that she reported earlier in the day to her husband that it was in the car with the perp. A second gun, a knife and her purse were also found in the front seat...

Probable cause is required to search someplace when the police have reasonable believe that a crime has been committed. In this case the police heard gun shots over the phone line and tracked the phone to the car, the person who owned the car was reported to be in the trunk and therefore unable to give permission which is why probable cause is needed to open and search the trunk...

Yes, she was found with a gun and casings in the trunk, it's just that she reported earlier in the day to her husband that it was in the car with the perp. A second gun, a knife and her purse were also found in the front seat...

I don't believe it has been stated that there was a second gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024