Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I am not thinking that the is fraudulent. But all of the deceit engendered by Rita to conceal a suicide is fraud......not prosecutable though for obvious reasons. UNLESS someone knew of her plan......but there is so far, no evidence of that. JMO

I guess I could see her paying someone so she would not appear on camera, but would that mean she took that person with her to both stations? The stations she went to are self-serve, not full service.

Here is the Kwik Stop in Kingston, ID: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...ved=0ahUKEwj6qe7DvILPAhVDOSYKHas2Ct0Qpx8IXTAK

The Loves Travel Stop in Ritzville, WA: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...ved=0ahUKEwij_omDvYLPAhXHeCYKHZBbB7gQoioIdDAK

I noticed the Loves has ample parking where she could possibly park out of site of cameras and ask someone walking by to go get money out for her. But that just seems like such a big risk handing a stranger her debit card. The Kwik Stop doesn't have as much of a parking area. Whomever was driving her car would be caught on camera at the Kwik Stop. So we shall soon find out if was indeed Rita in the car making those $25 withdrawals.

Thanks. If they were self-serve stations, then it's unlikely an attendant pumped her gas.

Whatever the case, LE had a POI who turned out not to have anything to do with the case. Since that person is just some random person, we'll likely never know anything more about it.

jmo

http://www.krtv.com/story/33043849/rita-maze-remembered-as-playful-and-loving

Rita described her abductor as possibly 6'5," wearing a black hoodie, and of African American or Native American descent.

Just jumping in because this description is what got my hinky meter up. A person like that would stand out in Montana, Idaho, and Spokane. Especially if he got ATM money or gas. Or if he lived around Wolf Creek, Great Falls, or Helena. Or if someone dropped him off at the rest stop. He'd really stand out.

I wonder if Rita had a history of emotional drama. Her stressors were significant - sick mom, husband out of work, daughter wants a pretty wedding dress and ceremony.

No, I am not thinking that the is fraudulent. But all of the deceit engendered by Rita to conceal a suicide is fraud......not prosecutable though for obvious reasons. UNLESS someone knew of her plan......but there is so far, no evidence of that. JMO

In your post, you mentioned that the was hinky to you, but now you say it's not fraudulent so I guess I'm not following what you think is fraud.

It's entirely possible someone is in a world of pain in their emotions and in their thinking ...and no one realizes it.

In fact, that fits how I see Rita - she didn't want anyone to know her dispair, even at the end. She wanted to leave this world without anyone knowing it was suicide. I have sympathy, not anger.

jmopinion with the info we have now

Some more things that don't make sense....Her daughter is getting married. I have a hard time imagining a person who is going thru so much thought and planning to commit suicide would do it right before a wedding. That is so hurtful to the daughter and family. I could better understand it if the suicide was an impulsive decision. But this was very drawn out - calling family, police, etc. I wonder if she was just wanting attention (make up kidnap story), but then realized police were about to find her with GPS tracking, and felt shamed and knew the gig was up, so killed herself. That doesn't sound plausible either though.

Really - no scenario here makes any sense.

Suicide before big events is not uncommon. I've known of people (former line of work dealt with children who lost a parent(s) to suicide.) who committed suicide before graduations, marriages, birth of a child, promotions, adoptions,family vacations, etc. It doesn't make sense from the outside looking in. People who do this don't have the goal to hurt others almost all of the time. They think the people in their lives will be better off.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...man-calling-car-trunk-appears-unravel-n645271
Has this been posted and I just don't see it somewhere.
A woman from Montana was calling the police and her husband from the trunk of her own car, she was thought to have been kidnapped. However, they found her in Spokan WA at the airport, in her trunk with two bullets in her. If this is posted somewhere elements please forgive me.

In your post, you mentioned that the was hinky to you, but now you say it's not fraudulent so I guess I'm not following what you think is fraud.

It's entirely possible someone is in a world of pain in their emotions and in their thinking ...and no one realizes it.

In fact, that fits how I see Rita - she didn't want anyone to know her dispair, even at the end. She wanted to leave this world without anyone knowing it was suicide. I have sympathy, not anger.

jmopinion with the info we have now

OK Just differing perceptions, we have. JMO

After sleeping on this I'm willing to entertain the suicide theories but something is bothering me. Why would LE say they have an image of someone that they ruled out as not being connected to the case?

Here is a direct quote of the Sheriff speaking yesterday (BBM):

"Though officials were pursuing a person of interest who was seen on surveillance footage, Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton said the individual has been ruled out.

"They had a still shot from a convenience store that they worked to find the person of interest. It was not somebody that was involved in this case," he said Thursday afternoon."

http://helenair.com/news/crime-and-...cle_4e1d2f5c-897c-5ce5-86c1-4f09eb4329eb.html

So, who was this mysterious person they had a photo of? If it was actually Rita it wouldn't make sense to say the person was not involved. LE switched to saying they had no POI after this, so is that because of the evidence pointing to suicide or because the POI they initially had was cleared? I'm willing to entertain just about anything at this point because I agree that some things don't add up, but can anyone explain why the Sheriff would say the above if there was never a photo of a person other than Rita?

It was my understanding that the POI idea came from Montana and that Spokane County was neither here nor there with the idea. They were waiting on Montana to get more info. It was Montana LE that said they would put out a sketch and took it back. I think the different time zones and miscommunications with different states and counties and add on the different news stations reporting things incorrectly caused a lot of confusion. I am sure between 7:30/9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. was intense between Montana and Spokane because there was a sense of urgency to find this woman.

And I'm surprised local reporters have not yet gone to these two gas stations to ask employees there if they saw her car. That would get to the bottom of things pretty fast if a witness said they saw her uninjured and using the ATM.

The reporting of this case has not been the best. :(

jmo

http://www.krtv.com/story/33043849/rita-maze-remembered-as-playful-and-loving

Rita described her abductor as possibly 6'5," wearing a black hoodie, and of African American or Native American descent.

Just jumping in because this description is what got my hinky meter up. A person like that would stand out in Montana, Idaho, and Spokane. Especially if he got ATM money or gas. Or if he lived around Wolf Creek, Great Falls, or Helena. Or if someone dropped him off at the rest stop. He'd really stand out.

I can see that being the case with a black person, but from what I've seen there are quite a few reservations in that part of the US so perhaps a Native American wouldn't stand out so much except for the height she mentioned. 6' 5" would stand out anywhere except in a basketball team.

Everyone has the right to seek help or,in the alternative, to end their own life.....but not to leave fraud in it's wake. JMO

Fraud is one thing but I think she - and a lot if people - did this for her family's benefit. For whatever reasons some people understand and accept homicide easier than they do suicide. And the assumption might be they would feel guilty too, like how did they not see this coming? What could they have done differently?

But yeah, fraud. We've seen that too.

Fraud is one thing but I think she - and a lot if people - did this for her family's benefit. For whatever reasons some people understand and accept homicide easier than they do suicide. And the assumption might be they would feel guilty too, like how did they not see this coming? What could they have done differently?

I wouldn't go as far as to say fraud with regard to the account, but my personal opinion is that if this turns out to be suicide, using the money for anything other than funeral expenses would be in EXTREMELY poor taste. September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. Donate the money to an organization like NAMI. My opinion.

The family has dealt with so much and it seems a further blow is about to hit them. There is so much guilt for survivors of suicide. If that's what it was, I think she was trying to spare them that, her FB posts are very loving towards her family members.

Also, left-brain people will probably not understand the actions of a more emotion-based person, but I think a suicidal person is often of two minds, the part that wants to live and the part that has decided to die, and it might feel like an evil presence has taken over, and the drama she acted out in some way reflected what was going on in her own mind.

Some things that have been bothering me:
When I first read that a body was found in a trunk in the early morning, the local news said it was due to a custody battle that went wrong. This was what they heard on the scanner. Of course we know that was not the case. I think there was such mass confusion with the car being MIA, not knowing if she was still in Idaho or now in Washington, the phone calls from the trunk and all the other chaos. By the time I woke up the next morning, it had changed to a random attack and it sent everyone into a frenzy that some madman was on the loose. How creepy! I know I was creeped out but as the local LE stopped talking it became weird and then became even weirder for those of us that found about the Ritzville back to Spokane detour. As the timeline came out I too started changing my tune. I am relieved that a madman for no reason isn't going around knocking off women. Crime has certainly gotten crazy everywhere but this was beyond that. She or whoever was the driver, really booked it from Post Falls to Ritzville if the timeline is right. But it was 9 p.m., traffic would have been good and there was no accidents that I remember. I wonder when the system reads the license plates if it is immediately reported or it is later updated into the system so the time is a little off. And another thing: Why would a stranger abduction pick near the airport to dump her car? He would need someone to meet him and with his bizarre randomness I can't see this unknown person being organized at all to set this up and I would guess there would be a sense of urgency. I guess he could have walked away but would he have risked leaving her cell phone there? At the airport there would have been cameras so if he chose to fly away he would be on camera and I am sure the police have looked at people matching her vague description. Never did I think a criminal in this situation would choose to fly out. I bet there are cameras on the different properties and he would have possibly been picked up by one. Plus, there is a TON of property crimes in Spokane County so I can bet that there are cameras all over the properties out there except for vacant lots. I can’t see a person dumping her car there. There are so many other places to do it. Definitely seems that the car was meant to be found fast.

The fraud is the deceit in covering up a suicide. I'm just glad that someone elses friend or relative has not been forced to open a account for funds to fight a case of THEIR loved one being accused (falsely) of hijack, abduction and murder. JMO

I wouldn't go as far as to say fraud with regard to the account, but my personal opinion is that if this turns out to be suicide, using the money for anything other than funeral expenses would be in EXTREMELY poor taste. September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. Donate the money to an organization like NAMI. My opinion.

I don't think the is fraudulent either. At this point I think people start them immediately the way they bring over food after a death in the family.

If this is suicide, I really believe 'fraud' is the wrong word to use here.

Fraud (frôd): noun
wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Unless Rita planned a suicide and knowing encouraged family members to start up charities during her disappearance, this is not a case of fraud. Deception maybe. But unless you can see a personal or financial gain here instigated by Rita, I don't think we can call it fraud. There seems to be a deep shame and guilt associated with taking the decision to "check-out" early, and I would suggest that this would be more a motivation for a cover-up rather than any benefit to her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper