Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And didn't LE say they cleared the person in the video?

DailyMail is often wrong in reporting, but with great pictures, and that might be what is happening here.

jmo

They didn't say they cleared anyone. First there were reports of POI, then there were statements to the effect that these reports were wrong.

Depends on what timezone they are using for the timeline of events. There is an hour difference between Helena, Montana and Ritzville, WA.
So if she called her husband at 10:25 PM Helena time, it is only 9:25 in Ritzville and the man had not yet made the purchase. That is if the 9:55 time is Ritzville timestamp which makes sense it would be. Am I making any sense? In almost none of the stories have timezones been reported.

Per the daily mail article, card was first used at 4:16 pm. So the first time the card was used is before she called her husband, no matter the time zone.

WHOA!!! That guy matches her description.

Okay, to be skeptical....these purchases were made before she called home and gave the description, right? Could she have asked someone at the store to make the purchases for her and then use his description to describe her carjacker??

Or what?

IDK.

Is $25 a lot?

‘I served him when he came in here,’ she said. ‘She definitely didn’t come in. I don’t remember exactly what he looked like but he bought a lot.’

Is $25 a lot?

‘I served him when he came in here,’ she said. ‘She definitely didn’t come in. I don’t remember exactly what he looked like but he bought a lot.’

Not that much food one can buy for $25 nowdays?

They didn't say they cleared anyone. First there were reports of POI, then there were statements to the effect that these reports were wrong.

An exact quote from Sheriff Dutton:
Though officials were pursuing a person of interest who was seen on surveillance footage, Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton said the individual has been ruled out.

"They had a still shot from a convenience store that they worked to find the person of interest. It was not somebody that was involved in this case," he said Thursday afternoon.
http://helenair.com/news/crime-and-...cle_4e1d2f5c-897c-5ce5-86c1-4f09eb4329eb.html

Per the daily mail article, card was first used at 4:16 pm. So the first time the card was used is before she called her husband, no matter the time zone.

That was in Kingston, ID though. The Daily Mail's photo is from the Loves in Ritzville where her card was used at 9:55 PM. We don't know if this same guy used her card at 4:16.

Is $25 a lot?

I thought that was sort of strange too, but maybe given the food items they have in that store, it might be a lot in comparison to what people normally purchase. If people are typically buying gas and a candy bar, then $25 worth of food might seem like a lot, especially if he bought multiples of the same thing. Twelve granola bars? Five sandwiches? IDK.

But, yeah, $25 doesn't go far.

jmo

I'v seen it reported in all kinds of variations, but since this is a direct quote, then presumably it's more accurate. Sheriff certainly makes it sound like they found this guy and he wasn't involved in the case. So why was he using her credit card?

Yeah. Why?

And I thought she used her card to withdraw $25 from the ATM. And this guy spent essentially the same amount of money on her card?

Curiouser and curiouser.

jmo

I'v seen it reported in all kinds of variations, but since this is a direct quote, then presumably it's more accurate. Sheriff certainly makes it sound like they found this guy and he wasn't involved in the case. So why was he using her credit card?

Maybe they had someone else in mind who matches his description and has a criminal record but it wasn't the guy on camera. Maybe the person of interest they had has an alibi so they were back to square one after that with "no person of interest". Just having a photo of someone doesn't mean they have a POI. To have a POI they have to have a name and they may not know this guys name. IDK, just tossing some ideas out. No POI doesn't mean no one else was involved. It means they have no names, no leads.

Yeah. Why?

And I thought she used her card to withdraw $25 from the ATM. And this guy spent essentially the same amount of money on her card?

Curiouser and curiouser.

jmo

The stories just said her card was used for about $25. Some took that to mean $25 worth of purchases and some took that to mean $25 out of the ATM. I don't think it is clear which it was but everyone jumped to thinking it was an ATM transaction when we discovered she had $50 in her purse. Now we know it was purchases and she didn't make those purchases herself, at least at the Ritzville Loves.

FWIW, this is the quote from the Helena paper:
Her family learned her bank card had been used to make purchases of about $25 at gas stations in the towns of Kingston, Idaho, and Ritzville, Washington.
http://helenair.com/news/crime-and-...cle_4e1d2f5c-897c-5ce5-86c1-4f09eb4329eb.html

is it possible to get $'s out of ATMs in $5's.....for the longest time my bank has only served multiples of $20

Hubby just had a really good question!! When the car was found how far back was the drivers seat set?? I haven't seen a photo where we can tell yet?

is it possible to get $'s out of ATMs in $5's.....for the longest time my bank has only served multiples of $20

So perhaps the ATM thing wasn't true, though I swear I read it, lol!....I'm not going to look for a link since I'm not really trusting the stories anyway. I'm hoping LE gives a press conference after the weekend. I want to hear words from LE directly.

jmo

Yeah. Why?

Curiouser and curiouser.

jmo

No, it hasn't been reported that she used her card to withdraw money.

It was never reported that she got any money out of ATM. I think some posters were speculating, but all reports say her credit card was used to make purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay