Found Deceased MT - Selina (Selena) Not Afraid, 16, I-90 rest area between Billings & Hardin, 1 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone read anything that says clearly who found the girl who was without shoes? My thing is that I don't know whether the information about that girl can be trusted. I'd hate to doubt someone who seems like a potential victim of something bad. But it makes very little sense

Selina has been added to the TXEQ website.

MISSING: Selena Not Afraid – Big Horn County, Montana (01/01/20)
January 7, 2020

16 year-old Selena Not Afraid was reportedly last seen at a rest area on I-90, near mile marker # 474 in Big Horn County, Montana on January 1st 2020. This area is between Hardin & Billings, Montana. Selena was wearing a gray sweater, a black coat, blue jeans and gray ankle boots. Selena has a small ½ – 1 inch scar on left the side of her face near the mouth and cheek. She also has the tattoo of a cross on middle finger of hand. Selena is an enrolled tribal member of the Crow Indian Tribes. If you have seen Selena Not Afraid since her reported disappearance, if you know of her current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever concerning Selena’s disappearance; please call the Big Horn County Sheriff’s Office at (406) 665-9780 – or call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

Download: Selena Not Afraid Flyer

JAN 7, 2020
FBI team called to help with search for missing Hardin girl
The FBI child abduction and rapid deployment team has been called to help in the search for missing Hardin teen Selina Not Afraid, Big County Sheriff Pete Big Hair said Tuesday.

The team is dispatched from several out-of-state areas and should start arriving Tuesday night, Big Hair said. The team responds when a child under 18 is believed to be in danger.

The team will be checking several areas throughout the day Wednesday, he said.

[…]

JAN 7, 2020
Dozens of Hardin High School students participate in vigil for Selena Not Afraid

5e1520a83bd0b.image.jpg

Dozens of Hardin High School students participated in a vigil for missing teen -- Selena Shelley Faye Not Afraid.

[…]

"We wear red because our sisters have been missing or murdered and our brothers have been murdered or missing," he says, "It symbolizes our hope to have it stop. Because it's an epidemic."

[…]

Selina has been added to the TXEQ website.

MISSING: Selena Not Afraid – Big Horn County, Montana (01/01/20)
January 7, 2020

16 year-old Selena Not Afraid was reportedly last seen at a rest area on I-90, near mile marker # 474 in Big Horn County, Montana on January 1st 2020. This area is between Hardin & Billings, Montana. Selena was wearing a gray sweater, a black coat, blue jeans and gray ankle boots. Selena has a small ½ – 1 inch scar on left the side of her face near the mouth and cheek. She also has the tattoo of a cross on middle finger of hand. Selena is an enrolled tribal member of the Crow Indian Tribes. If you have seen Selena Not Afraid since her reported disappearance, if you know of her current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever concerning Selena’s disappearance; please call the Big Horn County Sheriff’s Office at (406) 665-9780 – or call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

Download: Selena Not Afraid Flyer

Oh, GOOD! I'm glad to see Texas EquuSearch is helping with the search.

Ugh, though - "Child Abduction" unit. Hate the sound of that.

JAN 7, 2020
Dozens of Hardin High School students participate in vigil for Selena Not Afraid

5e1520a83bd0b.image.jpg

Dozens of Hardin High School students participated in a vigil for missing teen -- Selena Shelley Faye Not Afraid.

[…]

"We wear red because our sisters have been missing or murdered and our brothers have been murdered or missing," he says, "It symbolizes our hope to have it stop. Because it's an epidemic."

[…]

I hate that we live in a world where predators see beautiful, innocent smiles like this one and see prey. :( MOO.

That van of teenaged girls is hokey. Sounds like HT to me, too. First thing I thought when I saw this case at FB. The story is hokey, the girls can't get on the same page with facts, yeh, someone was up to no good and I think all of you already know it, pardon me, I'm just late to the part that everyone else was at before I got here. It's been a week and unless someone has given her shelter and food, she is not alive out there, sad to say. IMO

There is absolutely NO reason to leave two girls behind at a rest stop/gas station. If they were ridding in the van before it broke down, they should be ridding it after they were able to make it work again too. The van didn't break because the two girls were inside.
This case is already really concerning by itself, but when Selena comes from a family that has gone through so much tragedy, it makes it even worse. That poor mother.

• CH said family members twice spotted a light green Subaru station wagon with Wyoming plates at the rest stop on the day Not Afraid went missing, and that investigators believe the driver of that vehicle may have something to do with her niece's disappearance.

In one place it says the family was told about the green car - this is much more specific. I wonder if they saw it during their searches?

What a terrible story. I hope it ends better than it's starting. All that tragedy in one family is awful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back