GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone took the time to pick up her injured/dead body off the pavement and toss her in the car and maybe even sweep up any broken glass, then how did they manage to leave one of her shoes behind?

I think the shoe signifies one of two possible scenarios. 1, an abductor stopped her, grabbed her and she lost it in a struggle. 2, someone put it there after the fact to make it look like an abduction.

I think the shoe signifies one of two possible scenarios. 1, an abductor stopped her, grabbed her and she lost it in a struggle. 2, someone put it there after the fact to make it look like an abduction.

I completely agree. Either way, I'm really hoping a witness saw something such as a car pulled over on the side of the road or a hitchhiker wandering around the area or something.

Or someone tossing a shoe out the window of a moving vehicle.

I realize 5:30 am is really early (especially on a Saturday), but I wonder if there are any witnesses to her husband out on his walk. Also, I wonder what his walking route was?

Thinking along the lines of an accidental hit-&-run, as some have suggested...what if the driver was a teen who was on the road not because he had woken up early, but because he hadn't yet gone to bed? Maybe someone who'd spent the night where he shouldnt have and was trying to slip back into his own home unnoticed? Jeanna has suggested that the driver could've been someone who had a lot to lose. What if it was someone(s) with an immature, distorted idea of what the consequences would be if they were caught out on the road at that time and place?

I really agree. Even an underage driver - maybe someone 15 years old.

She is in the category that is LEAST likely to be a victim of a violent crime in the US.

Upper middle class white woman, not pregnant, in a stable marriage with no apparent money or anger issues or marriage issues. Also, she is of an age where it's unlikely a sexual predator would choose her as a victim.

I think it's very very unlikely some stranger snatched her up off the street. It also seems very unlikely, given her situation, that her husband or an associate harmed her.

That leaves, to me, the thought that someone hit her accidentally and was on drugs, an illegal alien, or for some other reason couldn't risk reporting the event.

BBM

I agree with most of the above, except for the part I bolded. She has been described as being tall and slender (five foot ten and 140 pounds). She was obviously in good physical condition and I think that in the dark, she could easily have given the impression of being much younger than her chronological age.

An opportunistic predator may have had the initial impression she was in her 20s and not realised until after taking some sort of incriminating action that she was not that young.

She is in the category that is LEAST likely to be a victim of a violent crime in the US.

Upper middle class white woman, not pregnant, in a stable marriage with no apparent money or anger issues or marriage issues. Also, she is of an age where it's unlikely a sexual predator would choose her as a victim.

I think it's very very unlikely some stranger snatched her up off the street. It also seems very unlikely, given her situation, that her husband or an associate harmed her.That leaves, to me, the thought that someone hit her accidentally and was on drugs, an illegal alien, or for some other reason couldn't risk reporting the event.

bbm why do you think that? i think the husband is the most likely perp in this circumstance. the rest ita with.

What was the address that they said they found the shoe at? . I wonder if we could put a map together of where her house is at.... where people maybe saw her near on the run and where the shoe was found so we can look

Oh my gosh after just reading Nursee's post one page back that says that Sherry has direct ties to Minot, ND my hair is standing on ends!!!!! *chills*.. I am very certain this is not related but considering that today I just finished reading a book I stumbled upon last week, "The Ultimate Evil"(yes all 673pages of it) it's written over the course of more than 2decades of continued researching on what is the ULTIMATE EVIL in speaking of the deep and extremely long and wide reaching roots of the occult.. You just would not believe what a grasp the occult has on America(and across the globe) as well as how many active serial killings and cases have direct occult ties!! It's terrifying!!! And it is Minot, ND that is a major breeding ground for elite occult groups..

I know probably crazy and far fetched but for any who don't know the Arlis Perry murder its a case that shows that many times what appear to be a random killing by a lunatic are NOT ALWAYS WHAT THEY APPEAR TO BE!!

Had to share as when I read Minot, ND I literally was mouth wide open with what an odd/strange coincidence to pop up outta nowhere on the day I completed reading that book?!?!

I was a believer in some sort of abduction, whether planned or not, but once I found out Sherry's husband wasn't home at the time she went for her run, I have to see it in a different light. As others have mentioned, why would he be out that early in the morning; was he out all night?
As usual, a lot of unanswered questions.

I really, really hope, she is OK but it just doesn't appear there will be a happy ending here.

What was the address that they said they found the shoe at? . I wonder if we could put a map together of where her house is at.... where people maybe saw her near on the run and where the shoe was found so we can look

Apparently her shoe was found in a ditch at the intersection of Holly St and
9th Avenue, adjacent to the Sidney Sugar Factory.

When they first found the shoe, I'm sure I saw a map either on tv or in an online article showing where they found it. Now I can't seem to find any map or article with a specific location, just that it was "in a ditch near a truck route" and I believe it's on the outskirts of town.

Here's something but it's vague:
"The search for algebra teacher Sherry Arnold, 43, focused on a 10-square-mile area north of the town of Sidney near the North Dakota border. That's in the general vicinity of the roadside ditch where Arnold's shoe was discovered Saturday along one of her running routes."
http://www.norfolkdailynews.com/new...cle_826af898-3ae1-11e1-a4b0-001a4bcf6878.html

After reading all 9 pages of comments the one thing that I did not see mentioned explicitly was the possibility of a drunk driver.

There are plenty of drunks who would still be out and driving at 6:45 am. I know of a couple stories where a drunk hit and killed someone who was on their way to work early in the morning. Yes it would be strange, but a drunk person could have put her in their car (to hide the evidence), after all, if they were drunk they would not be thinking logically. They could also easily have missed the shoe in the dark.

Another possibility is that a drunk could have initially even had the intention of going to a hospital, but then changed their mind after they had already put her in the car.

I agree that the shoe is the key evidence here. Perhaps there is something about it that led LE to the theory that she had been initially injured by being hit by a car or truck. And that is why they were looking so intensively around the area (though they probably would do that in any case).

Can someone that knows how put a map up that we can see with some of the landmarks around Sidney, like the post office, where they found the shoe, maybe her house if they know the address or even her route that she usually runs
?

If you look at Boilly's post in this thread, she gives some background on the family in response to whether either of them had any issues with their exes. However, I don't know whether Boilly has been confirmed as a resource so that information may have to be considered rumor.

eta
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MT MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012

Can someone that knows how put a map up that we can see with some of the landmarks around Sidney, like the post office, where they found the shoe, maybe her house if they know the address or even her route that she usually runs
?

I posted a link to a map earlier in this thread.

ETA

From posts 51 and 78 of this thread.

Map link to post office area (if Google is accurate)
http://g.co/maps/28cyy

Map link
http://g.co/maps/adww2

Sunrise
http://www.sunrisesunset.com/USA/

(choose Montana, then a list of Montana cities will populate and choose from drop-down: Sidney)
Sunrise: 7:45am
Sunset: 4:20pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads