GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fbi.gov/saltlakecity/press-releases/2012/fbi-update-on-sherry-arnold-disappearance

If they had found her body wouldn't the FBI have taken down the poster for her and said that they had found it in their press release about her?

Depends on how soon someone at the FBI remembers that she's listed on their website, boots it over to a geek-tech type person to change and geek-tech person gets to it.

Once a case is (mostly) solved, it's not as high a priority to take stuff down as it is to put stuff up.

Tried to catch our local news to see if there was anything concrete but I may have missed the story. I expect it was the top story here (do not live in Sidney) too.

What we know from media:
Recent Booming oil town
Increased crime was recently addressed by oil firm
RSO pop in area is 4x ntl avg
increased truck traffic
increased drug trafficking

What we can tell so far from the presser and JVM:
47 yr old male Accidently hits and kills SA
panics, puts body in his vehicle.
disposes of body.

large reward offered (250,000) many tips received
tip from the public leads to his arrest and
questioning of 22 yr old

unknowns: has body been recovered, names of men in custody.

Law enforcement officials held a press conference in Sidney on Friday afternoon and confirmed the death of missing teacher Sherry Arnold.
Officials confirmed that they have detained two men in connection with the case: a 47-year-old man in Williston, North Dakota, and a 22-year-old man in Rapid City, South Dakota.
Arnold, 43, left for a run at around 6:30 a.m. Saturday, January 7, and never returned home. One of her running shoes was later found.
Investigators had received "dozens and dozens" of calls about Arnold, FBI spokeswoman Deborah Bertram said Thursday by e-mail.
Hundreds of people aided in the search for Arnold, using dogs and aircraft, as well as help from MT National Guard members and volunteers.
Arnold's disappearance hit the small community hard, including at Sidney High School, where she is a math teacher.
We will update you as we learn more and will have the latest on the evening newscast.

http://www.kxlh.com/news/2-men-questioned-in-connection-with-sherry-arnold-s-death/

Newslinks for Montana
http://newslink.org/mttele.html

Billings news
http://www.kulr8.com/
http://www.ktvq.com/home/ (this says that Sherry was hit by vehicle, two panicked and hid body but
this information has not been confirmed by the FBI or Sidney Law Enforcement.)

Oil fields are filled with lots of deep holes. Abandoned mines and oil wells make perfect disposal sites. imo, if her remains were put in one of these, the FBI may not want to confirm until they actually recover her.

There are so many places you could leave a body between Montana/ND/SD. Some very remote areas.

S**T!!!.... I have been following this story from a distance, so to speak, due to work obligations. While I knew it was going to be bad, I held out hope. Can a woman not even go for a jog these days without her very life being in peril??

She sounds like such a dear, precious soul who did nothing but love her family and minister to so many young people. Sorry for the "bad language" but it just makes me so angry.

Prayers for her children, husband and all those who were blessed to know her personally.

Kelly

What we know from media:
Recent Booming oil town
Increased crime was recently addressed by oil firm
RSO pop in area is 4x ntl avg
increased truck traffic
increased drug trafficking

What we can tell so far from the presser and JVM:
47 yr old male Accidently hits and kills SA
panics, puts body in his vehicle.
disposes of body.

large reward offered (250,000) many tips received
tip from the public leads to his arrest and
questioning of 22 yr old

unknowns: has body been recovered, names of men in custody.

Just to be clear. JVM is speculating, right? Also, from what I'm reading there was no mention in the presser about what you typed ...bbm

It is shocking that LE allowed this case to become such a mess, information-wise. Either she is dead and they know it, or they have been told she is dead but can't confirm it. What is so difficult about that? Why would they want to come off looking, IMO, like they jumped the gun on annoucing her death, or disorganized?

At least from what they said on JVM it was a car accident gone very wrong.... so these people that hit her had something to lose... maybe they were fleeing from another crime? Maybe they had warrents out for their arrest.... obviously if you hit a person hard enough to knock them out of their shoes you are going to be going pretty fast I would have to think.

Personally, I do not think the FBI or LE would tell a family their loved one was dead based soley on statements by suspects. I think they have located her remains. I think due to no official confirmation, media sources have jumped all over the place on their reporting in order to be "the first" with the story.

JMO

Old article. Nevermind. It was in regard to FB rumors.

It is shocking that LE allowed this case to become such a mess, information-wise. Either she is dead and they know it, or they have been told she is dead but can't confirm it. What is so difficult about that? Why would they want to come off looking, IMO, like they jumped the gun on annoucing her death, or disorganized?

The only thing I can think of is perhaps they were getting more calls on the tip line ($250,000 reward) than they could handle. Perhaps they already had this guy (s) in custody but haven't found her body yet or their still working out a plea deal.

They made a decision to announce it so people would stop calling in false leads?

My mind does wander though. When I started reading the conflicting reports, my first thought was she may have been placed in a witness protection program and they had to announce her death without a body?

I'll go with door #1

At least from what they said on JVM it was a car accident gone very wrong.... so these people that hit her had something to lose... maybe they were fleeing from another crime? Maybe they had warrents out for their arrest.... obviously if you hit a person hard enough to knock them out of their shoes you are going to be going pretty fast I would have to think.

You are so right KellysGal. Regardless of the circumstances, if you hit a being--human or animal--you stop and get help immediately. PERIOD.

Deal with consequences later, save a life FIRST.

K.

I just had a thought about why someone might panic/not stop/get help (not that it is the RIGHT thing to do at all!): not a citizen perhaps???? just a thought

i don't know why they'd not just leave the body laying there. seems they'd take more chances of someone seeing them stop and put the body in the vehicle. (if that is what happened)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc