GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad Jacie Estes is fine, too!

And I know what you mean, Daisy.fathfull! I am more concerned with drivers in the rain, than the rain itself, especially if there hasn't been rain in a while. The build up of oil, dust, etc. makes hydroplaning a very real danger. And too many So CA don't take this into account!

thank you...please post something quick, your post count is 666 right now. :floorlaugh:

I think the specific time is coming from the arrest citations issued for Spell and Waters. Those citations state that Sherry was kidnapped at 6:40 am. I still question how they know it was 10 minutes after Sherry left home. Going back to the beginning of this case, Sherry's husband Gary was out of the house on a walk by himself from approximately 5:30 am to 6:30 am. He stated that when he returned home at 6:30, Sherry was not at home. Unless he just missed her by a minute, I think Sherry may have left home before 6:30.

They may have inferred it from her route as determined by the two witness statements and from where her shoe was found; I'm sure her husband and family had something of an idea of her average running speed, so LE could figure it out from those four pieces of information.

Or it could be based on a suspect statement. There's indirect (hearsay) evidence that Spell is talking because his relative said he called from jail. I believe it is usual to post signs over the phones available to prisoners telling them that calls are recorded, so a smart suspect wouldn't say anything on the phone they didn't want LE to know about.

On the other hand, I strongly suspect neither of these guys were exactly bright bulbs.

ETA: So who knows, maybe neither one has talked to LE. I tend to think Spell did, at least for awhile, since he was at first described as being held for questioning.

They may have inferred it from her route as determined by the two witness statements and from where her shoe was found; I'm sure her husband and family had something of an idea of her average running speed, so LE could figure it out from those four pieces of information.

Or it could be based on a suspect statement. There's indirect (hearsay) evidence that Spell is talking because his relative said he called from jail. I believe it is usual to post signs over the phones available to prisoners telling them that calls are recorded, so a smart suspect wouldn't say anything on the phone they didn't want LE to know about.

On the other hand, I strongly suspect neither of these guys were exactly bright bulbs.

ETA: So who knows, maybe neither one has talked to LE. I tend to think Spell did, at least for awhile, since he was at first described as being held for questioning.

BBM To me it is intriguing that he went to Rapid. Of all the places to go, Rapid isn't one of them. Pennington County jail is no picnic.

I just don't see these guys having perseverance as a strong point...nor planning, either ( I love the statement, they couldn't even plan their own breakfast!)...So, I tend to think they dumped the body and covered it with trees, leaves, debris, etc., and got the heck out of Dodge.
JMO

I am a first time writer and I think you all are spot on...They were too unorganized to have dug a hole. They put leaves and treas whatever debri they could find. I want to go search for her....she is out there. Bless her heart, and yes we could have serial psychopaths here...Maybe there have been other women who have gone missing...This is a good forum, good information here. Thank you

I am a first time writer and I think you all are spot on...They were too unorganized to have dug a hole. They put leaves and treas whatever debri they could find. I want to go search for her....she is out there. Bless her heart, and yes we could have serial psychopaths here...Maybe there have been other women who have gone missing...This is a good forum, good information here. Thank you

Great first posts. :welcome::fireworks:

I just don't see these guys having perseverance as a strong point...nor planning, either ( I love the statement, they couldn't even plan their own breakfast!)...So, I tend to think they dumped the body and covered it with trees, leaves, debris, etc., and got the heck out of Dodge.
JMO

Why do you need to plan breakfast?? Isn't that why there is waffles in a box in the first place? Or am only I just that lazy.... :innocent:
*I just ate waffles in a box, for dinner... I'm being Facetious, really. I do agree these guys are idiots.* :seeya:

Oh and I like your post count. :dervish: :giggle: :devil:

Fighting back
More than 100 attend self defense seminar in Sidney

Roughly 140 people in Richland County walked away more self aware, more confident and a little more prepared to defend themselves after Saturday’s free self defense seminar.

Like Kathy Deboever, a recent resident to Sidney from Fort Benton, who moved here with her husband to work in the oil field. Deboever said she’s been frightened ever since Sidney High School teacher Sherry Arnold’s disappearance. Immediately after she went missing, Deboever bought a stun gun.

She attended Saturday’s session alone, having heard about it only one day before. “I have a dog that I walk every day, and since this incident happened, it’s woke me up,” she said. “I’m a lot more aware of my surroundings now.”

http://sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/24/news/doc4f1f2fda0cc58229460294.txt

More towns need to do this on a yearly basis....even schools could sponser such an activity. Didn't Sherry have earbuds in from an Ipod or something? I hate seeing someone jogging and listening to music; it's like driving with a cell glued to your ear, imo. She might have heard them coming....? Being aware is using your ears too...and nature provides beautiful music if you just tune in to it. I'm not condemning Sherry....we all should have the liberty to jog when and where we please, but it's just not possible any longer :( :maddening: Not in the dark and with any of your senses obstructed. It's bad enough in the light. She might have been able to run like hello...and yelled... if she could have heard them.

I too doubt that these two buried her. I know it would be difficult to search, but I would think that grid searching the highway might be a good idea. I think it might be very possible that she is very close to the roadway. I keep thinking about the search for the elderly couple, mainly Alice. They had a vague description, and farm fields that all looked alike, yet they searched the roadways and not the private property itself.

I agree with you and I hope they had a cell phone or phones and that LE has obtained any pings. We have discussed that cell phone coverage is very spotty in those areas of ND and MT so it's possible there wasn't much cell phone coverage at all. Anything would help though I would think.

I keep wondering how LE seems certain that the search area is in northern ND and MT. Why not south of Sidney? Spell was found south of the area in Rapid City.

just a guess, but i think they got rid of the body PDQ...

I too doubt that these two buried her. I know it would be difficult to search, but I would think that grid searching the highway might be a good idea. I think it might be very possible that she is very close to the roadway. I keep thinking about the search for the elderly couple, mainly Alice. They had a vague description, and farm fields that all looked alike, yet they searched the roadways and not the private property itself.

If it weren't for the description LE has given regarding where to look, I would agree. I don't know what they are basing it on, and while it is a common description of property up there in that region of the country, it is a specific description that does rule out other places the suspects could have hidden Sherry.

I don't see LE giving a description like that unless they had very good information to back it up.

If it weren't for the description LE has given regarding where to look, I would agree. I don't know what they are basing it on, and while it is a common description of property up there in that region of the country, it is a specific description that does rule out other places the suspects could have hidden Sherry.

I don't see LE giving a description like that unless they had very good information to back it up.

I agree! It may not seem likely given what is being surmised about the two suspects but I doubt LE would release any specifics if those specifics were not supported in some way.

The specifics given by LE actually narrow the search areas by quite a bit--no need to search hundreds of thousands of miles of roadway ditches, for example. No need to search any areas without trees.

Just from looking at some satellite photos of the area, I'm guessing the information given narrows the search area down to several hundred square miles spread out over a hundred thousand square miles.

That's difficult but searching the entire area would be many magnitudes higher in difficulty.

The temperature is back in the 50s today so I decided to experiment with digging. Using various shovels in a bare field I was able to dig a couple inches easily. Then the ground is very solid. With a shovel I could only make small chips in the frozen ground. Using a pick I could make bigger dents in the ground but I still was not accomplishing much. So based on my completely unscientific experiment I concluded that they probably could have buried her in the ground but they would have had to work very hard, and it probably would have taken quite a while.

The temperature is back in the 50s today so I decided to experiment with digging. Using various shovels in a bare field I was able to dig a couple inches easily. Then the ground is very solid. With a shovel I could only make small chips in the frozen ground. Using a pick I could make bigger dents in the ground but I still was not accomplishing much. So based on my completely unscientific experiment I concluded that they probably could have buried her in the ground but they would have had to work very hard, and it probably would have taken quite a while.

Well that deserves a big ol'
Thank You!!!

Could you have skimmed the sod off the ground?

I'm thinking if they found a natural dip in the ground and were able to skim the sod off the ground, they could put her in the hollow, cover her with the sod and call it done.

That is the same method I've read of in literally dozens of cases where the perpetrator said they buried the victim in a shallow grave. I am certain you know that is not deep enough to prevent predation but there are an amazing number of people who don't have the faintest grasp of natural animal behaviour.

I swear, I would not be surprised if someone told me that steaks are manufactured in factories. In China.

thank you...please post something quick, your post count is 666 right now. :floorlaugh:

Thank you, Jacie Estes, for letting me know that I was at the dangerous post of 666!

:furious: :dervish:

I certainly do not want to bring any bad luck to my fellow WS'ers, or to the Arnold family, so I am posting to say, "Keep up the good work, Sleuthers! You never fail to amaze me with your compassion, dedication, and knowledge!"

:yourock:

It was high 50s here today; as I was sitting on the deck, I noticed that the snow was melting but because the ground is frozen the water is pooling rather than sinking in. I got a shovel out but couldn't get much deeper than an inch. We've got rain/snow mix right now, coming in from Billings.

Welcome, Goaskalice! I wish I could help search, too!

:rollercoaster::pillowfight2::cupcake::party::fireworks2::welcome:

(I just LOVE these smilies! :seeya:)

Why do you need to plan breakfast?? Isn't that why there is waffles in a box in the first place? Or am only I just that lazy.... :innocent:
*I just ate waffles in a box, for dinner... I'm being Facetious, really. I do agree these guys are idiots.* :seeya:

Oh and I like your post count. :dervish: :giggle: :devil:

Yes...I know ALL about those waffles in a box! My poor daughter was practically RAISED on them, since I could pop them in the toaster in the a.m., and she could eat them in the car as I drove her and me to the same school I taught at, and the school she attended! I haven't asked her, but I haven't witnessed her eating any since those days! (Tee! Hee!)

Yes, the post number WAS brought to my attention, thank goodness. I quickly submitted another post so that I wasn't tempting fate...or something else???? :furious: :dervish:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member