GUILTY MT - ST, 16, Sheridan, 3 August 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so so very happy she has been found safe ! Thanks to all for the updates! :great:

Rodney Lee Zahn, 60, was arrested Thursday in Casper, Wyo. and is being held at the Natrona County jail.

Authorities have reported that Moore was found alive, but it’s unknown if she suffered any injury.

Her family was on their way Friday morning to Casper to reunite with the girl.

Zahn is being held on a warrant out of Madison County for failure to register as a violent offender.

“We will extradite him,” said Madison County Sheriff Roger Thompson.

Thompson said he is reviewing the transcriptions of interviews taken Thursday from Zahn and the girl to determine what charges are appropriate.

Zahn also faces charges for a probation violation out of Beaverhead County, where he was convicted in 2013 for felony aggravated assault.
http://www.ktvq.com/story/32694869/sheriff-montana-teens-abductor-camped-outside-family-home

Zahn had been living in a camper outside the family’s home in Sheridan, Montana, for a few days prior to the abduction, said a Madison County official on Friday.

Zahn was staying in a camper in Sheridan, parked outside the Moore family’s house, according to Thompson.

Thompson said Zahn had befriended the family while staying outside their house, but he was otherwise a stranger to the Moores.

“This is a situation of kidnapping by a stranger,” said Thompson.
http://www.krtv.com/story/32695188/...girls-abductor-had-camped-outside-family-home

Keith Vallindras, a care manager at Youth Dynamics in Butte, said a Thursday morning debrief at the agency revealed how Zahn befriended Moore and her family.

The nonprofit serves youth with behavioral and mental-health needs in communities in Montana including Butte and Sheridan. Vallindras said Moore had been a client for about a year, helping her enhance her tool set and use good judgment.

Zahn struck up a conversation when he saw Moore, her mother and possibly a sister in their yard attempting to repair a bicycle. He asked if he could help, and then returned again, according to Vallindras.

Prior to his disappearance, Zahn was asked by Moore’s father to leave the property on behest of the landlord, Vallindras said.

He described Moore as a typical teen who was outgoing, happy and trusting, but who had the capacity of a 10-year-old and not always able to consider the consequences.

Additional information at the link:
http://billingsgazette.com/news/loc...cle_08e6dbab-7bbd-53ff-b511-4b487c7ff829.html

I had a feeling she would be found, safe. I think we will learn that she went with him willingly and that her mental challenges are consistent with his.

10 years? I bet he does 2 or 3 actual years in prison, and is sent home for 'good behaviour' ....he will be out in plenty of time to do another sex crime...:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back