Found Deceased MT - Tamara "Tammy" Goff, 59, & German Shepherd Sadie (found), Great Falls, 12 Jul 2018 *in danger*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tamara Lewison Goff NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Circumstances of Disappearance
Tammy was last seen leaving her residence in the 2100 block of 7th Ave North, in a 2008 black Chevrolet Colorado, on July 12, 2018 at approximately 7am. She was said to be headed to the south end of Great Falls with her dog “Sadie”, a German Shepherd Mix. The dog was later found on Hawk Dr, about four miles south of Great Falls.

JAN 28, 2020
Still missing: Tammy Goff and Victor Struss
[...]

Tammy Goff left her Great Falls residence on the 2100 block of 7th Avenue North on July 12, 2018. At that time, she was seen driving a 2008 black Chevrolet Colorado and it was said she was headed to the south end of Great Falls with her dog, Sadie. Sadie was found the next day on Hawk Drive in Great Falls, but Goff is still missing. Family members have offered a $40,000 reward for any information that will lead to finding her.

[...]

Neither Ms. Goff nor her vehicle have been seen but her dog, Sadie, a German Shepherd mix, showed up after most likely crossing the river at some point.
This looks more like an accident, with the vehicle and Ms. Goff still in the water somewhere.

I wonder if her dog has been brought back to where the dog was found/spotted and what reaction she had, if so. If I was out with my dog and I ended up hurt from foul play or an accident, I really think my dog would help my family find me. Assuming the dog was with her when whatever horrible thing happened and assuming she was still there.

If only dogs could talk.

Hope Tammy is found, regardless of her fate.

On Charley Project: Tamara Lewison Goff – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Goff was last seen leaving her home in the 2100 block of 7th Avenue in Great Falls, Montana on July 12, 2018. That morning her husband saw her loading their German Shepherd mix, Sadie, into her black four-door 2008 Chevrolet Colorado pickup truck with the Montana license plate number 2-93204A and stickers in the back window and on the back bumper. A photo of the truck is posted with this case summary.

Goff drove south on Wilson Butte Road, and did not return to her residence. Her husband tried to call her an hour and a half after she left, and she didn't answer. They had inherited her husband's father's home and his three pets, and had rehomed his two dogs, but his elderly cat, Mouse, was still living at the residence. Goff's husband went to his late father's home to see if Goff was there. He found food and water in Mouse's dishes, but there was no sign of Goff or Mouse.

Mouse was never seen again and it's unclear what happened to the cat and whether its disappearance is related to Goff's disappearance, or even if Goff visited her late father-in-law's residence that day. About 32 hours after Goff left her home, Sadie was found on Hawk Drive about four miles south of Great Falls. Witnesses reported having seen the dog on both sides of the Missouri River that day. There was no sign of Goff.

Since Goff's disappearance, her truck has not been located. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning and she was very close to her family, and authorities believe she may be in danger. Her case remains unsolved.

There have been several posts in the "missing persons discussions" regarding Tammy; however, nothing recently. so I thought I'd give a little rundown on the case.

Here is an excerpt from 3KRTV regarding the disappearance of Goff, "Tammy Goff left her residence on the 2100 block of 7th Avenue North on July 12, 2018. At that time, she was seen driving a 2008 black Chevrolet Colorado and it was said she was headed to the south end of Great Falls with her dog, Sadie. Sadie was found the next day on Hawk Drive in Great Falls, but Groff is still missing. Family members have offered a $40,000 reward for any information that will lead to finding her."

Here is some information that was posted by the GFPD at 10:45 a.m. on July 16, 2018 --

• "We are still searching for Tammy Goff. Tammy's family and friends, the CCSO, USCBP, and GFPD spend the weekend searching for Tammy and were unsuccessful."
  • "INVESTIGATION UPDATE DETAILS:
    • "No one has reported hearing from Tammy or seeing her vehicle"
    • "Crews have searched the river and the river banks on foot, by air, and by boat"
    • "We are continuing to follow up on leads regarding Tammy's phone usage"
    • "Tammy's dog, Sadie, was found midday Friday on Hawk Drive, about 4 miles outside of Great Falls city limits. We have received reports of sightings of Sadie earlier on Friday, on the opposite side of the river, at least a mile further to the south. Sadie was wet when she was found and had likely crossed the river at some point."
    • "We are asking for anyone with surveillance footage in the area to call Sergeant Mitchell at 406-781-8909"
    • "We encourage community members to keep looking for Tammy's vehicle"
As of today, May 14, 2021, new information on this case has just been released by Adventures With Purpose. This is the link to the video

Tammy Goff has been found following 4 days of searching done by AWP after her husband, Bob Goff, reached out to the organization asking for their help in finding her. She was found and recovered today.

While this doesn't bring the family answers as to how and why Tammy disappeared, they can finally have relief knowing that she is no longer out there and missing.

I wonder if she found the cat in a condition she felt it needed to be taken to the vet, or even their home. Perhaps she took the chance of not using a pet carrier if there wasn’t one available. Great chance of a “freak out” by kitty if not used to the dog and vice versa - and caused Tammy to have an accident leading into the water. I don’t think it’s unreasonable and would explain why the cat was gone. Or maybe she was reaching and settling cat while driving and same thing but just no brake reaction as she didn’t realize paying attention to cat. MOO So glad they found her.

I wonder if she found the cat in a condition she felt it needed to be taken to the vet, or even their home. Perhaps she took the chance of not using a pet carrier if there wasn’t one available. Great chance of a “freak out” by kitty if not used to the dog and vice versa - and caused Tammy to have an accident leading into the water. I don’t think it’s unreasonable and would explain why the cat was gone. Or maybe she was reaching and settling cat while driving and same thing but just no brake reaction as she didn’t realize paying attention to cat. MOO So glad they found her.

I was unaware of the cat being present. Just heard about this case last night when I got the notification that AWP was live on YT; therefore, I didn’t get to put in extensive research.
Interesting theory, & no, it wouldn’t be unreasonable. Accidents happen, regardless of the precautions taken to prevent them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back