Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #7 Pam Buckley & James P Freund

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is the point where it all becomes instructive. Years ago I was on this board a lot more, and called the outlandish theories on this and other cases “mustarding”. As in, “Colonel Mustard did it in the hallway with a candlestick”, in the game of Clue.
Please try to remember and apply Occam’s Razor: the simplest explanation is the most likely one. Argentine Death Squads (who killed people in rural South Carolina and left the murder weapon with a local hood) are not necessary to account for the known facts. They were likely hitchhiking, were picked up by the wrong person, and were not on any missing lists because no one put them on one.

Please, let’s all resist the temptation to write entire soap operas about unidentified victims. And saying that an unidentified person left the Pennsylvania Dutch or some similar group for Rumspringa and never went back seems to be the default theory at the bottom of the flow chart and is AUTOMATIC MUSTARDING!
Based on his ad mixture from his DNA I’m betting he’s a first to third generation Italian. I said a few months ago that his genetic profile closely resembled mine and I believe I’m considered a second generation Italian and my family immigrated in to Pennsylvania.

Can someone post the updates here?
It's hard, as an EU citizen to access, some US websites, due to privacy rules. I am a long time lurker here, on this thread, and am more then excited, to see the outcome of their personalities!
TIA.

And thx @dotr for posting the video!

Can someone post the updates here?
It's hard, as an EU citizen to access, some US websites, due to privacy rules. I am a long time lurker here, on this thread, and am more then excited, to see the outcome of their personalities!
TIA.

And thx @dotr for posting the video!
Same here, I'm also in the EU and I get "access denied" everywhere :/

This link mentions the press conference, and i think it will be broadcast from this station (News 19) but no press conference link is provided at this time although they say the names will be released today (Wednesday)Will have to keep checking.
Victims of shooting 44 years ago identified in Sumter County | wltx.comJan 20 2021
''Dennis plans to release their names on Wednesday.
News 19 has also learned that the case was solved after bone marrow samples helped to identify the victims.

Investigators say family members of both the victims have been notified.

Additional details are set to be released on Wednesday.''

This link mentions the press conference, and i think it will be broadcast from this station (News 19) but no press conference link is provided at this time although they say the names will be released today (Wednesday)Will have to keep checking.
Victims of shooting 44 years ago identified in Sumter County | wltx.comJan 20 2021
''Dennis plans to release their names on Wednesday.
News 19 has also learned that the case was solved after bone marrow samples helped to identify the victims.

Investigators say family members of both the victims have been notified.

Additional details are set to be released on Wednesday.''
I don’t think they will be broadcasting it live on WLTX, I just checked there Live Stream, apparently someone is becoming the 46th President today and they are focussing on that .....

Based on his ad mixture from his DNA I’m betting he’s a first to third generation Italian. I said a few months ago that his genetic profile closely resembled mine and I believe I’m considered a second generation Italian and my family immigrated in to Pennsylvania.
I am from Western Pennsylvania, wonder if he is from out my way?

Thanks!!! Most of the cases are fairly ordinary.

Like Jolaine Hemmy (Pecos) where people span different theories from Mexican human trafficking to organized crime and prostitution. And Vance Rodriguez, the unknown hiker thought to be a knight in shining armor who turned out to be a man with a very sad history of severe mental illness affecting family and relationships.
People love a good story. But life is not fiction.

Well, this is the point where it all becomes instructive. Years ago I was on this board a lot more, and called the outlandish theories on this and other cases “mustarding”. As in, “Colonel Mustard did it in the hallway with a candlestick”, in the game of Clue.
Please try to remember and apply Occam’s Razor: the simplest explanation is the most likely one. Argentine Death Squads (who killed people in rural South Carolina and left the murder weapon with a local hood) are not necessary to account for the known facts. They were likely hitchhiking, were picked up by the wrong person, and were not on any missing lists because no one put them on one.

Please, let’s all resist the temptation to write entire soap operas about unidentified victims. And saying that an unidentified person left the Pennsylvania Dutch or some similar group for Rumspringa and never went back seems to be the default theory at the bottom of the flow chart and is AUTOMATIC MUSTARDING!

Thanks!!! Most of the cases are fairly ordinary.

Like Jolaine Hemmy (Pecos) where people spun different theories from Mexican human trafficking to organized crime and prostitution. And Vance Rodriguez, the unknown hiker thought to be a knight in shining armor who turned out to be a man with a very sad history of severe mental illness affecting family and relationships.
People love a good story. But life is not fiction.
How true. I think of the many weird theories about FLEK, when she was simply a girl who was unhappy with her family and simply voluntarily left to create a new life elsewhere.
I remember a case where a tibia was found, and I sarcastically posted that perhaps it was involved in an abusive relationship with the rest of the skeleton, and fled.
Anyway, we will know soon and the truth will probably be tragic but much more mundane that some thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee