Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James Freund #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I compiled it from all info regarding James's death declaration and court information in the newspaper clippings. It was Christmas Day, 1975.

I compiled it from all info regarding James's death declaration and court information in the newspaper clippings. It was Christmas Day, 1975.
Was there a police report in that info by chance?

I definitely do not believe that the items they were found with was all that they had. Either their killer(s) took their things after dumping them , or their things were left with someone that did not come forward for whatever reason.
I couldn’t agree more. I really hope they can find who did this to them. Someone knows something.

What's kind of sad IMO is that our latest photo of Pam Buckley is from 1971 and James's being from 1965.
6E9D3AA0-6785-4218-AFC7-B397A71B9B49.jpeg

I found several articles about James disappearing, but never found one that said he had visited his daughter the day before he left. It would be great if you could find that particular article so we can verify the information.

TIA!

I found several articles about James disappearing, but never found one that said he had visited his daughter the day before he left. It would be great if you could find that particular article so we can verify the information.

TIA!

Can you say where the ones about him missing are? I didn’t know of those.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2021-01-31-at-2-01-46-PM.png
    Screen-Shot-2021-01-31-at-2-01-46-PM.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 25
Tbh, I really think, too much time has passed, too many (false) leads let to no where, att.
Some people took the answers into the graves.

It was only, because of their DNA that got their identity back.

Time was not on their side.

Hopefully LE can trace back their lives and provide "some" answers.
When it does, wich I truly hope.., for their family.
It must be, so sad for them, for living with this for so long, it must be generations haunting.

Tbh, I really think, too much time has passed, too many (false) leads let to no where, att.
Some people took the answers into the graves.

It was only, because of their DNA that got their identity back.

Time was not on their side.

Hopefully LE can trace back their lives and provide "some" answers.
When it does, wich I truly hope.., for their family.
It must be, so sad for them, for living with this for so long, it must be generations haunting.

The time factor is hindering. I keep thinking of the Charlotte NC motorcycle club murders that went unsolved for so long. I think somebody made a final confession in that case and I was hoping for the same here. I’d love to be more local and know what the word is. Often times those are all legends and rumors but some tic bit of something could come of it.

You know, was just listening to Bill Thomas's podcast "Mind Over Murder". Bill is the brother of Cathy Thomas, who was murdered in 1986 in what became known as Virginia's "Colonial Parkway Murders". They were a series of murders of young couples in the Williamsburg/Yorktown, etc. area of Virginia that are still unsolved.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...Q4aUDahcKEwjQ4Yfah53wAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ&hl=en

In the years Bill has spent researching that series of murders, he's kind of become an expert in what are referred to as "Lover's Lane" murders - killing young couples. Bill has met a lot of experts, too. Lover's Lane murders are a very unique crime. Having a young couple murdered together is rare and a specific type of crime.

New Documentary Series Recreates Colonial Parkway Murders Crime Scenes | Oxygen Official Site

VA - VA - The Colonial Parkway Murders, 1986-89

While we don't know if James and Pamela would be considered "lover's lane murders", it seems a similar type of crime. Bill discusses other couple murders when people send in suggestions, so why not give it a try? Bill is a member here on Websleuths, has been for many years, and he's the nicest person.

It can't hurt to send him a PM and ask him what he thinks, right? Another WS member here is @Kell1, who is retired LE. We could also ask him to read up on the case and offer some input.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back