Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James Freund #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think I have read in the past that he got the Taxi Licence and did a bit of time driving so he could prepare for the movie :cool:

That's good to know. I thought it might have been the other way around. It was a great acting performance.

DeNiro is hard core Method. He'd go all in when preparing for his roles. I have read he worked in a steel mill for awhile just to get into character for The Deer Hunter.

DeNiro is hard core Method. He'd go all in when preparing for his roles. I have read he worked in a steel mill for awhile just to get into character for The Deer Hunter.

And this is either true or not...during the filming of Marathon Man did Sir Lawrence Olivier say or paraphrase, to Dustin Hoffman--"Good Lord man, why don't you just try acting?" Can't verify because there are few to little to no accurate links.
Sorry, this may be OT, it's on method acting concept from Olivier. Can't verify.

Why has there not been a national outlet like Dateline to run a current report on this? It just seems like as the days go by, this case is going back on the shelf.
It more or less has already. That’s it, I’m pulling out the big guns and shooting some emails to the news media. If I can do that for another Jane Doe, I can too for this couple

Why has there not been a national outlet like Dateline to run a current report on this? It just seems like as the days go by, this case is going back on the shelf.

That's what figured to happen. The sheriff and the early articles overhyped the potential for a solve, IMO.

Bottom line this is a very old Doe case and there wasn't enough of a twist in who they were or how they were identified. I can see the networks' perspective. I watched the recent episode on the Doe who was identified via genealogy. While interesting, it did not build to conclusion like the typical guilty or not guilty blueprint. Genetic Detective received good reviews but not great ratings. It has not been renewed or cancelled, as far as I can tell.

It would be interesting to hear from family members, and if they have any info or opinions toward how Pamela and James might have met. But I think we'll be lucky if one show picks it up.

I guess I could do another 20 posts on Locklair Road

Hello, this is my first post here on Websleuths. I've been following this case for a very long time, I've been obsessed with it.
Anyways, today I was reading an article of a magazine (Vanguard) from 1971 where an interview of the Sunlending Folk Trio is. And interestingly the members of the group are described as two men and one woman with the names John, Anthony and Janis. Here is a copy paste:
"Sunlending won the audience's hearts as soon as the introductions were made. "John' played acoustic guitar and occasional electric bass, 'Janis" played autoharp and "Anthony''....
I thought maybe it's a mistake but the article keeps mentioning Janis, while the photo of the article includes (supposedly) Pamela Buckley. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I mistaken with something?

Hello, this is my first post here on Websleuths. I've been following this case for a very long time, I've been obsessed with it.
Anyways, today I was reading an article of a magazine (Vanguard) from 1971 where an interview of the Sunlending Folk Trio is. And interestingly the members of the group are described as two men and one woman with the names John, Anthony and Janis. Here is a copy paste:
"Sunlending won the audience's hearts as soon as the introductions were made. "John' played acoustic guitar and occasional electric bass, 'Janis" played autoharp and "Anthony''....
I thought maybe it's a mistake but the article keeps mentioning Janis, while the photo of the article includes (supposedly) Pamela Buckley. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I mistaken with something?

Welcome, glad you joined us. From what little I have gathered on that band, there seems to be turnover with members and it’s possible that Pam had left (or not got there yet?) when that was done. Somewhere in these threads is a pretty in depth discussion of Sunlending and other members, including a lady who went on to have a hit record.

I am a bit surprised that more information on her music interests and participation haven’t came out.

To brief you on Pam, here’s what we know.
Pam was in the band from 1969 to an unknown point. We’re pretty confident the woman in the photo is Pam. Anyways, yes, a member did get a hit record (the song Torn Between Two Lovers was written by her friend and band member, Mary MacGregor) and it’s still well known today. Pam married a Mr. Kennell in 1972 in Colorado, and around December 1975 she left the marriage. We’re not sure how she met Jim, but some theorize they left together, who knows?

View attachment 293963
I decided to try and restore the photo from the 1965 article about James. Here's my result, it gives us a better idea of what an older James might've looked like.

At this point I can instantly recognize him by the eyes and brows. Pamela has a distinct look about her smile that is easy to spot as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back