Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James P Freund #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is correct about the gun, Lonnie and his son. He claimed the gun came from his brother as a Christmas gift and he (Lonnie) did not possess it at the time of the murders. I believe the brother denied ever having it.

MOO...I have always thought robbery was the motive, during which time their wallets were taken. Thus, no identification was found with the bodies. Their rings and other jewelry were not taken because it would have been traceable.
It was said, that they had showered, shortly, before they were murdered, so I guess, they stayed at a motel , and took heir personal belongings with them, before they decided to travel futher..

I think the girl in the band photo is Pam Buckley. I saw a very short article in the same college paper about this concert and it listed the band members. PB was listed. I saw it I think in her actual WS thread...I’ve seen so much it’s hard to keep straight.

That was my mistake. I linked that page in the Pamela Mae Buckley thread but forgot to do it here. If you scroll down slightly and look at the advertisement box at bottom right, the three members of the Sunlending group are listed including Pam Buckley:

VANv11iss19p09001

According to find a grave, GLH's son (CGH) died in 1973. GLH's wife in 2002,if I am not mistaken and found the right name in this case. It says, he fathered one child, his son.
Refresh my memory on GLH's polygraph. I think it showed that he passed on the question about whether he killed the couple but was deceptive on questions relating to the gun, it that right?

Refresh my memory on GLH's polygraph. I think it showed that he passed on the question about whether he killed the couple but was deceptive on questions relating to the gun, it that right?
Yes, I think you are right, am not sure, but it could be on a podcast by Danelle Hallan, I watched that yesterday to refresh my memory, think it came up there..

Okay, thanks. I'm still confused over which PB it is, since one is supposed to be alive and kicking. The athletic blonde, I believe. The other PB is the girl with the long dark hair (who looked so much like Ted Bundy's victims). Just an hour to go and the mystery will be solved. At least for their identities. The crime of murder is still a mystery.

The blonde cheerleader is still alive and living in Colorado Springs. The dark and longer haired girl from the Sunlending group is missing as of December 1975 and may be Sumter County Jane Doe.

Very unusual situation with two women of almost the same name from Colorado Springs...Pamela Rae Buckley and Pamela Mae Buckley. The ironic aspect is that someone in that thread saw the photos of the "wrong" Pam Buckley and said her facial features looked like Sumter County Jane Doe. Otherwise I'm not sure attention is drawn to that thread and the link ever made to Pamela Mae Buckley and this case.

Pamela Rae Buckley had short blonde hair. Before I realized it was not the missing woman I was remembering that Dorothy Hamill became a sensation months before these murders in February 1976. That was when the Winter and Summer Olympics were held in the same year. Dorothy won the figure skating gold medal at Innsbruck in February. Her short and sassy short brunette hair became all the rage. It was called the wedge, if I remember correctly. Women of all ages were switching to that style. So when I saw the blonde photos of that Pam Buckley I was thinking she dyed it after getting caught up in the Dorothy Hamill wave.

View attachment 280433
I just can’t quit staring at this photo. It’s remarkable.
Created: 1 September 2016
This photo has been circulated around the internet going on five years now. It’s so cool ~ the rebirth of their names ~ given to them by their parents so long ago. Someday for all of us; hopefully far far in the future ~ our names will be memories on the tips of the tongues of those we crossed paths with along our journey.
Carl's awesome.

2007:
The unknown victims were exhumed at a Sumter County cemetery this week. Coroner Verna Moore thinks someone has information on the man and woman, "I feel that there is possibly somebody who knows who they are, but they're not coming forward."

Moore is determined figure out who the two people are, the county's oldest John and Jane Doe. "They were clean; they were neat. She was beautiful, a real pretty girl. He was also."

Officials say bodies buried 30 ago are typically still rich with DNA to develop a profile. The challenge is finding a parent, or sibling who took time to submit blood or saliva DNA samples when the two went missing.
Bodies of unknowns exhumed in Sumter County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member