Mystery Man Surveillance

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why in the world would LE do that when they couldn't even be bothered to check the empty homes a mere 4 blocks away from Lisa's home? Reports of a homeless man roaming the neighborhood on a bike, maybe they should check the houses that the man could be staying at? But of course not, have to keep the search area in the small perimeter that DB would have been able to walk to instead. I have a very strong feeling that if someone is charged in Lisa's case the DA is going to have an extremely hard time getting a conviction. To many things that can be pointed to as reasonable doubt.

MOO
I am hoping and praying you are very wrong.

I was responding to the "mystery man" matter in its entirety, as this thread is about. A mystery man was reported very early on by multiple witnesses, and more have come forward. The surveillance video is just the latest, possible piece of the puzzle, although of course, very blurry. To me, it would primarily be of interest as an indication that LE is not taking abductor theories very seriously, or I think they would have pulled all tapes and there would be nothing for media to find.

As a mother, I would want to know why.

If I were a resident of the area, I would be trying to assist in organizing a search. One of the reasons the Anthony case did not do well at trial was that it took a long time to find the body. If Lisa is gone, the sooner her body is found, the better for LE and the DA. Whether the man on the video is of any relevance, the area between the two sightings seems like a prime next search area.

IMO, if the mother isn't willing to answer all of LE's questions, she has no right to demand LE provide her the answers she wants to here.

I am hoping and praying you are very wrong.

Trust me, I hope that I am wrong as well. However, there are so many things that so far could have been done better. And it is going to be a defense lawyers dream to get a case like this in front of them. We thought that Casey Anthony getting away with murder stung, this case could very well turn out the same way.

The mystery man should have been looked at completely by LE. Track the man down. Find out who he had with him that night and if they can't find him then they need to look harder and ask for help from the FBI or the public. By not doing so they are just opening the door at a trial for reasonable doubt.

MOO

Why in the world would LE do that when they couldn't even be bothered to check the empty homes a mere 4 blocks away from Lisa's home? Reports of a homeless man roaming the neighborhood on a bike, maybe they should check the houses that the man could be staying at? But of course not, have to keep the search area in the small perimeter that DB would have been able to walk to instead. I have a very strong feeling that if someone is charged in Lisa's case the DA is going to have an extremely hard time getting a conviction. To many things that can be pointed to as reasonable doubt.

MOO

LE has no way of knowing which houses are vacant and they can't enter any house without the owner's permission or a search warrant.

The defense can certainly opine about the homeless man and vacant houses all they wish at trial and it will be up to a jury to decide if such info is credible evidence.

JMO

IMO, if the mother isn't willing to answer all of LE's questions, she has no right to demand LE provide her the answers she wants to here.

Honestly we have no clue what questions DB is refusing to answer. LE has not and will not be telling us what those questions are that they want answered. For all we know the one main question they want answered is "Where is Lisa?" and if DB does not know then how in the heck can she answer it? Just because LE puts out a quote to the media that the parents are not "answering vital questions" does not mean that the parents are not answering those "vital questions" because they refuse to. The parents could simply not know the answers and LE simply may not believe them.

MOO

Honestly we have no clue what questions DB is refusing to answer. LE has not and will not be telling us what those questions are that they want answered. For all we know the one main question they want answered is "Where is Lisa?" and if DB does not know then how in the heck can she answer it? Just because LE puts out a quote to the media that the parents are not "answering vital questions" does not mean that the parents are not answering those "vital questions" because they refuse to. The parents could simply not know the answers and LE simply may not believe them.

MOO

Exactly.

LE has no way of knowing which houses are vacant and they can't enter any house without the owner's permission or a search warrant.

The defense can certainly opine about the homeless man and vacant houses all they wish at trial and it will be up to a jury to decide if such info is credible evidence.

JMO

Actually LE does know of some of the homes that are vacant. For instance the home that the diapers and the backpack were found in was vacant and was known to be vacant as it is scheduled to be torn down due to widening the road. That home is not owned by the previous owner anymore, it was sold to the county or something to that effect. There are also other homes (at least 1) in the same area that is also vacant. And yet LE never bothered to check them because they were outside the perimeter that LE had decided to establish. When a child is missing 4 blocks is not to much trouble to check out IMO.

MOO

Well common sense would say that she didn't die of natural causes. right? If she had, then the family would surely have called for help. So, that leaves an accident or murder. Since she would have also called for help if it was an accident, that leaves murder. Now, I don't like to think about this, but killing a 30-lb child is probably not that easy. Unless she was repeatedly abused for a long period of time, it's not likely that she is going to die from child abuse. She was too old to die from shaken baby syndrome, which leaves suffocation. There would be evidence of that on the pillow or the pillow would be missing.

Of course there are many other ways to kill someone, but judging by what others say about her, she was a devoted mother. So if she had killed Lisa, it would have had to be a snap thing, and that means hitting or throwing around, or strangulation, and any of those seem like they would leave evidence.

How would LE know if they had a pillow missing? How many pillows do they have and are they all accounted for?

I don't think I even know how many pillows we have.

MOO

I don't really care what specific questions DB is unwilling to answer just as I don't care why she refused to allow LE to re-interview the children. Innocent people answer all questions fully and truthfully and don't ever go to the media and whine.

JMO

How would LE know if they had a pillow missing? How many pillows do they have and are they all accounted for?

I don't think I even know how many pillows we have.

The only way for LE to know would be if DB told them.

Then I suppose LE isn't innocent in this case since Officer Young whines often to the media about how the parents aren't doing what LE feels they should be doing.

MOO

Actually LE does know of some of the homes that are vacant. For instance the home that the diapers and the backpack were found in was vacant and was known to be vacant as it is scheduled to be torn down due to widening the road. That home is not owned by the previous owner anymore, it was sold to the county or something to that effect. There are also other homes (at least 1) in the same area that is also vacant. And yet LE never bothered to check them because they were outside the perimeter that LE had decided to establish. When a child is missing 4 blocks is not to much trouble to check out IMO.

MOO

A search warrant would not be needed for property owned by taxpayers.

I have no idea why you think an abductor would take Lisa to an abandoned house anywhere. Neighbors do have a habit of noticing and reporting strange activity to LE even when a child isn't missing.

JMO

Then I suppose LE isn't innocent in this case since Officer Young whines often to the media about how the parents aren't doing what LE feels they should be doing.

MOO

LE can say whatever they want.

JMO

BBM

And unless someone here has a media link where LE does in fact make a statement about DB being "drunk", I would like everyone to stop stating this as factual.

Interesting, this WS site is. Out one side of the mouth, many here refuse to believe anything that DB has to say... out the other, they accept what she has to say as long as it fits with their "Deb Did It" theory. Hmmmm....

MOO

I think Deb either did it or is covering for the bf. BUT I agree with you on the drunk thing. I'm not taking that (or anything she says) as fact. I tend to think she wasn't, but it's awfully convenient to think she was. (Helps to get past all those pesky details, dontchaknow?)

MK "states" law enforcement said DB failed the polygraph. Unless you have a media link where LE does in fact make a statement about DB failing the lie detector test, I would like everyone to stop stating this a factual.

LE has not made many statements, other than the parents aren't cooperating as much as they would like them to cooperate. Period.

MKelly did make it a statement of fact that LE told her DB failed the poly. I saw the interview as did many here.

JMO

BBM

And unless someone here has a media link where LE does in fact make a statement about DB being "drunk", I would like everyone to stop stating this as factual.

Interesting, this WS site is. Out one side of the mouth, many here refuse to believe anything that DB has to say... out the other, they accept what she has to say as long as it fits with their "Deb Did It" theory. Hmmmm....

MOO

LE can't make a statement of fact if LE wasn't there. All we can go on is DB's claims made to the media. I never said I believed her, I just used her varying stories as a basis to conclude she's a liar.

JMO

MKelly did make it a statement of fact that LE told her DB failed the poly. I saw the interview as did many here.

JMO

I know that. I'm not disputing she (MK) said that on camera, just don't know if she really did get confirmation from LE or DB herself.

Why do you keep arguing a negative? I never said I knew they hadn't. I said, why do we not have a public sketch? That's a pretty straightforward question.
If I were the parent, or a friend, or a family member, or a reporter on this case, I would be asking it. Actually, if I lived in the area, I would be asking it. How are people supposed to call in tips if there is no description of the suspect?

And why do you keep skewing my posts? I never said FBI were "miracle workers"? I said they have technology to enhance video.

Please read and respond respectfully, as per the rules of this forum. Many here are tired of having their posts misrepresented when all they are doing is asking for evidence for some of the ugly statements being posted here. WS is supposed to be a "victim-friendly forum." Until there is proof that they killed their child, these parents are victims of having their child disappear. I very much doubt that many of the things posted here would have been if they were upper-class lawyers and living in a posh suburb. There would be searches and vigils, and they would be treated very differently, very kid-glove by LE.

Not if their story kept changing. I can't speak for LE but I can speak for the posters at WS by saying it really doesn't matter if you're an attorney or a street bum. If your child disappears, your story keeps changing and still doesn't make sense, you're gonna be a suspect. That's it.

Sure they would - as others have pointed out, cops do it all the time, either because they're corrupt or because they can say, sorry, it was a false hit.

Second, it would only work if one or the other or both hurt the child. LE thinks that's what happened, so that is the playbook they are drawing from. It's hard to investigate a stranger abduction. That's why they are doing what they think is easier. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have worked.

Do you really believe this? That because it would be easier to bust the parents who have done nothing wrong, they are going for that?

It's always easier to follow the correct path (where the clues lead) and bust the person who actually did it. They have strong evidence to lead them to believe the parents know much more than they are telling. That is why they are focusing on them. How silly they would be to focus on them when all the evidence pointed otherwise.

And the parents? They're the ones who are bringing it on themselves. They have no one to blame. Certainly not LE. (who seem to be focused on finding this baby no matter what it takes.)

I'm going to just stick with this LE. They know way more than I do and the thread nurse created is awesome to read the words transcribed that the parents have stated in the news.

This is not the Barney, Opie, Paw show. (Mayberry RFD) When they clear the parents or DB, & this mystery man, they will provide the facts when they can to us all & it should all make sense as to why, what and who caused Lisa disappearance.

I'm just disappointed the circus got involved as it's the wrong circus that arrived in town. That fumes me more than anything as it's a lousy attempt of a lawyer needing attention and money above finding a child. Wish they'd put their money where their mouth is instead of their pockets. Creating distractions of a person that's a blob of white, is pretty low...imo

To me it's just free advertising for law firms & their defense attorney's, not to mention money they gain from this circus they put on. Ambulance chasers! Sadly, some people are just sucking this circus up. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back