Mystery Man Surveillance

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You could be right about that but if she's dead I don't think her age in the pictures is going to make a difference. She won't look like herself anymore and I hope people will report any deceased baby that they happen to come across.[/QUOTE]

I would hope people would report any deceased HUMAN that they happen to come across. Yikes.

(Sorry if I am being flip, needed a bit of levity at the moment :) )

The rogue amateur comment by LE was referring to media obtaining security video and then releasing it as though it is related to the case. It is a waste of LE's time and serves only to sensationalize. I applaud LE's bluntness.

JMO

The same applies to LE. Every time they tell the media that the parents aren't cooperating LE is sensationalizing the case. LE has made it abundantly clear that they think the parents are guilty.

The same applies to LE. Every time they tell the media that the parents aren't cooperating LE is sensationalizing the case. LE has made it abundantly clear that they think the parents are guilty.

LE know more about this case than we do and the parents could very well be guilty.

How is LE sensationalizing the case? The parents aren't cooperating. That's entirely on them, not LE. Blaming LE isn't going to win them any points if they are arrested. Just makes them look more guilty, imo.

JMO

And still no composite sketch of the man seen by multiple witnesses carrying an unclothed baby in the middle of the night that Lisa disappeared.

No sketch. That's how much they care to investigate suspects other than the parents.

And still no composite sketch of the man seen by multiple witnesses carrying an unclothed baby in the middle of the night that Lisa disappeared.

No sketch. That's how much they care to investigate suspects other than the parents.

You are assuming they have seen enough of the face to be able to provide info for a sketch. One lady was looking through the blinds from her window when she saw that guy. The motorcycle guy didn't even report it until about a week later. Neither one provided any description of the facial features when asked what did the guy looked like.

The most sensationalized things in this case hasn't come from LE. The wine video/man wasn't broken by LE. As a matter of fact LE actually downplayed the importance of that. The drinking was publicized by the mother, LE hasn't even commented. The failing of the lie detector test was also pubicized by the mother, and LE isn't commenting. IIRC it was also DB who said that she wasn't allowing the children to be interviewed by LE. Again LE isn't commenting.

All LE has said about the parents are that they aren't cooperating with the investigation. I don't know why they did release that little tidbit. Perhaps to put pressure on the parents to get them to cooperate. And it did work, as the parents reportedly did get back in touch with LE, though I don't know how much they are actually cooperating.

Has this been made into a sensational case? Yes I think so. Is LE sensationalizing the case? IMO they are not. Is media sensationalizing the case? IMO yes. As a matter of fact, the latest release from GMA IMO is the creation of a story. Are the parents senationalizing the case? IMO yes, though that may be unintentional on their part, at least I haven't seen any evidence that they are purposely trying to be sensational at this point.

The worst thing the parents could do would be to set up a 'deal' with a 'national news network'. That almost guarenteed that the case would be sensationalized.

LE know more about this case than we do and the parents could very well be guilty.

How is LE sensationalizing the case? The parents aren't cooperating. That's entirely on them, not LE. Blaming LE isn't going to win them any points if they are arrested. Just makes them look more guilty, imo.

JMO

Since I am in a LE family, I can tell you that many of the LE take these type of cases very hard, it weighs on them when they can't find the missing child. LE isn't out to get the parents, they are there to find Lisa, if that means tough questions for the parents, so be it.

It has become popular over the last few years to make everyone believe that LE is the enemy, maybe that is why so many folks are getting away with murder, LE is picking on them.

Where do you begin to look for a ten month old baby when stories keep changing, and the last people that saw her do not want to cooperate because protecting their image is more important to them then finding their daughter. That's right, LE may ask them tough questions, and they don't want to deal with that. LE has to be tough, there is a ten month old baby out there and all they are getting is a story that changes every day.

JMO

It has everything to do with copyright and what the media has to pay for in order to use and what they can use because it is already in the public domain.

JMO
There are plenty of more current pictures in the public domain. The news shows them briefly then concentrates on this old one. Why?

The most sensationalized things in this case hasn't come from LE. The wine video/man wasn't broken by LE. As a matter of fact LE actually downplayed the importance of that. The drinking was publicized by the mother, LE hasn't even commented. The failing of the lie detector test was also pubicized by the mother, and LE isn't commenting. IIRC it was also DB who said that she wasn't allowing the children to be interviewed by LE. Again LE isn't commenting.

All LE has said about the parents are that they aren't cooperating with the investigation. I don't know why they did release that little tidbit. Perhaps to put pressure on the parents to get them to cooperate. And it did work, as the parents reportedly did get back in touch with LE, though I don't know how much they are actually cooperating.

Has this been made into a sensational case? Yes I think so. Is LE sensationalizing the case? IMO they are not. Is media sensationalizing the case? IMO yes. As a matter of fact, the latest release from GMA IMO is the creation of a story. Are the parents senationalizing the case? IMO yes, though that may be unintentional on their part, at least I haven't seen any evidence that they are purposely trying to be sensational at this point.

The worst thing the parents could do would be to set up a 'deal' with a 'national news network'. That almost guarenteed that the case would be sensationalized.

If this isn't cooperating, I don't know what is.

http://www.kmbc.com/download/2011/1021/29552279.pdf

You are assuming they have seen enough of the face to be able to provide info for a sketch. One lady was looking through the blinds from her window when she saw that guy. The motorcycle guy didn't even report it until about a week later. Neither one provided any description of the facial features when asked what did the guy looked like.

Oh please. This is standard in investigations like this. Three witnesses saw him. A composite is often created with details provided by one. A sketch is a sketch, not a camera-phone likeness. If they HAD taken a photo with camera phone, people would be whining that the likeness wasn't clear enough, or yadda yadda yadda.

Dear LE, provide a sketch, please, or shut up about how little or much you think the parents aren't appearing to be harangued by you.

Also, the next time you release to the media that dogs "hit" on the carpet, you might want to be convincing enough to take the carpet for testing. Young thinks the public are total dupes.

I don't have the Press Release handy but the parents have also done a lot of what parents of missing children should do.

They gave LE access to their home from Day 1 (without an attorney present)

Mom took a LDT (Dad was not asked to take one)

I believe they also gave swabs. The brother too (IIRC)

Just off the top of my head.

One thing the release didn't state. Did they give those swabs to LE or to their representative? And for the most part the swabs the parents gave would be useless as a forensic tool as the parents DNA would be expected to be on the child. The only forensic value for that was DNA to identify the child if she is ever found.

Did they allow LE reps to be present when their children were interviewed and was the interview done with LE experts or defense experts? They weren't really clear in that release if the things they cited were done by LE or if they were done by the defense.

One thing the release didn't state. Did they give those swabs to LE or to their representative? And for the most part the swabs the parents gave would be useless as a forensic tool as the parents DNA would be expected to be on the child. The only forensic value for that was DNA to identify the child if she is ever found.

Did they allow LE reps to be present when their children were interviewed and was the interview done with LE experts or defense experts? They weren't really clear in that release if the things they cited were done by LE or if they were done by the defense.

If the swabs are useless why did they ask for them? I posted the Press Release. IMO, they have done whatever any parent would do but that still wasn't enough for LE.

Oh please. This is standard in investigations like this. Three witnesses saw him. A composite is often created with details provided by one. A sketch is a sketch, not a camera-phone likeness. If they HAD taken a photo with camera phone, people would be whining that the likeness wasn't clear enough, or yadda yadda yadda.

Dear LE, provide a sketch, please, or shut up about how little or much you think the parents aren't appearing to be harangued by you.

Also, the next time you release to the media that dogs "hit" on the carpet, you might want to be convincing enough to take the carpet for testing. Young thinks the public are total dupes.

I thought LE did take a huge piece of (red?) carpet out of the house on the last search that was done????????

They had absolutely no representation during the entire first week or so. Everything done and collected in this time was done entirely by LE for LE.

If the swabs are useless why did they ask for them? I posted the Press Release. IMO, they have done whatever any parent would do but that still wasn't enough for LE.

As I stated, the only forensic value they have is for DNA testing if the remains of Lisa are found.

The parents say their last interview was on Oct. 13. If they haven't considered going back for more interviews for instance, it would be difficult for LE to be able to show them the video of man in the white tshirt and ask them if they recognized the person wouldn't it?

They have taken phone calls since Oct. 13. How much of what they found in the searches since then would LE have asked them about, if they went in for an interview? Sometimes only a face to face has any value. For instance DB stated LE showed her burnt clothing and asked if she recognized it while she was in for an interview. LE couldn't have done that over the phone could they?

Refusing to go in for interviews to me says that they don't want LE to see their reactions and responses to any evidence found. If it is done over the phone, it is much easier to hide.

BBM

I am curious about that too. Exactly how the questioning of minors takes place. One poster suggested that a parent or guardian must be present, but in a case like this I wonder if LE would prefer that that not be the case.:waitasec:

IIRC, I read that the family had requested that the two boys be interviewed at an independant (i.e, neither LE NOR defense) facility that specialized in children.

I do know that if I was the mother in this case, or any case, I would NOT allow my child to be interrogated by LE without an advocate for my child in that room.

I think LE in general, means well and does well, but the few bad apples??? Not gonna let that happen to my kid. :twocents:

They had absolutely no representation during the entire first week or so. Everything done and collected in this time was done entirely by LE for LE.

The press release doesn't say when those samples were taken. We have no way of knowing if they were done during the time the family was cooperating with LE or if they were done after the defense team came in.

For that matter we have no way of determining if those statements were even true. After all LE isn't talking.

This latest video of the "man walking out of the woods" means absolutely nothing to me, and let me tell you why.

I want to see video 5 minutes prior to this man walking out from behind this tree. All GMA has showed us (or I should refer to them as the Irwin/Bradley/JT/PI go to network station for these exclusives) is a man walking out from behind a tree. I'd like to see if this guy was walking east on Parvin road prior to walking out from behind this tree.

Furthermore, this gentleman was not seen in the clip they showed "walking out of woods". See these screen captures I put together from google earth. This is a very very unusually wide intersection. This guy is at best, just on the other side of the cross walk lines and nothing more, not an unusual place to cross the street.
I see people walking down Parvin road at all hours of the night coming from and going to the large apartment complex well east of this intersection on the south side of the road.

Something else that I think that is important here... The red block locations on the map are incorrect. This latest video sighting indicated on GMA's map is WRONG.
The gas station is at the intersection of Parvin & Brighton, not south where it's indicated on the map.

Also take note of the hillside on the south-west corner of the intersection. Right over that hill (look on google earth or maps) there are also a couple of houses there. IF someone walked out of there, it's a possibility that someone cut through that area leaving one of those homes headed back towards the apartments I mentioned...

I really think LE would have put this video all over TV stating they want to talk to this "white blob" in the video walking that night, and if you have any information blah blah blah call the TIPS hotline. Not ONCE did we see LE do this, probably because they looked at this video a long time ago is my guess, and you most likely see this guy walking down parvin before going behind the tree, or LE cleared this by questioning neighbors in and near the houses behind the hill I mentioned.

See screen captures.

First image (top part GMA's map, bottom half mine that is correct)
http://www.indepmo.com/irwin/street0.jpg

This is the hillside I was referring to
http://www.indepmo.com/irwin/street1.jpg

http://www.indepmo.com/irwin/street2.jpg

http://www.indepmo.com/irwin/street3.jpg

The roadway on Parvin traveling West when approaching this intersection is about 4 lanes wide, not that it's striped out that way, but speaking in comparison this is about a 6 lane wide intersection with a median strip in the middle just to the east of the intersection, and a shoulder...
http://www.indepmo.com/irwin/street4.jpg

http://www.indepmo.com/irwin/street5.jpg

Since I am in a LE family, I can tell you that many of the LE take these type of cases very hard, it weighs on them when they can't find the missing child. LE isn't out to get the parents, they are there to find Lisa, if that means tough questions for the parents, so be it.

It has become popular over the last few years to make everyone believe that LE is the enemy, maybe that is why so many folks are getting away with murder, LE is picking on them.

Where do you begin to look for a ten month old baby when stories keep changing, and the last people that saw her do not want to cooperate because protecting their image is more important to them then finding their daughter. That's right, LE may ask them tough questions, and they don't want to deal with that. LE has to be tough, there is a ten month old baby out there and all they are getting is a story that changes every day.

JMO

Perhaps the reason so many of these cases remain unsolved is because they have a difficult time ruling out family members and they can't get past that. They develop tunnel vision and that's where their focus remains.

Then suddenly, they have nothing. No evidence pointing to the parents, no evidence pointing to a family member. In the meantime, the real perp gets away. Evidence lost, contaminated or destroyed.

It gets filed under "c" for Cold Case. 25 years later, families still don't know if their loved one is dead or alive and they're still searching when LE has given up.

Hopefully, this case will have a resolution but I won't hold my breath.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back