DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well.
This may be the bomb shell.
If she was abused or beaten, that puts a whole new spin on things

Abuse is not just about physical beatings. My ex said that since I didn't have a smashed in face or a broken arm, he didn't see what anyone meant by saying it was abuse. (And the physical abuse he did perpetrate on me didn't leave marks.

There is financial abuse -- sounds like Nancy may have been a victim of that.

Verbal abuse -- that has been attested to.

Emotional abuse -- the European trip where BC didn't call the entire time. Sleeping around.

It's not just about getting punched, slapped, or killed. Abuse can take many forms.

And Interact is wonderful for helping women understand what abuse is, how theny can protect themselves, how they can heal and move on.

Very interesting that Interact would be called in.

So which side do you all suppose filed a subpeona on the Interact group:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3265147/

Another court filing Thursday afternoon was a certificate of service of a subpoena served upon Interact, a nonprofit group that provides support to victims of domestic violence. Representatives of Interact of Wake County declined to comment Thursday.

Wow! Good find RC!:thumb:

I'm 47, live in Cary, and am not part of the chic married set, but I do wear a BB cap *if* I need to go out and run an errand and my hair has not been washed or if it's looking especially bad.

The other times I will wear one is on a really hot sunny day if I need to do some yard work or walk my dog or otherwise be outside in the sun. I try to avoid sun exposure whenever I can.

Again - totally respect that and wish I could do it! But....do you insist on designer clothing and $200 pedicures???

Wow! Good find RC!:thumb:

Can't take credit for it Ms. Jilly. My good friend Ms. S pointed it out to me, I just passed it on. But it is indeed very interesting that a subpeona was issued to them.

Here's the drink for ya ->:drink::crazy:

:applause: goody, goody, goody.......hey, wait a minute.......that's not a baby bottle is it :confused:.....haven't had one of those in a looooooong time.......:floorlaugh:

Again - totally respect that and wish I could do it! But....do you insist on designer clothing and $200 pedicures???

I didn't even know there are such things as $200 pedis outside of Beverly Hills. The most I've ever paid for a pedi was $30 + tip. And nope, no designer duds either, though I do appreciate a well-tailored outfit or specialized couture design because I have sewed from time-to-time and taken some classes, and have a couple friends who are designers in the 'wearable art' world, but for myself I'm in either workout clothes or simple classic pieces. Personally I'd rather spend my money on techie toys than designer duds. I also never run up cc debt--at least not more than I can pay off in full ea. month.

Sorry if this has already been covered - I'm behind on my reading - did anyone else fine this line odd?

"The latest filings come a day after Brad Cooper's attorneys filed several motions, including one asking for his wife's autopsy results so that he could "challenge the plaintiffs' unfounded insinuation" that he killed his wife."

Even though they were planning to divorce, would he not be interested in the autopsy results out of concern for what "really" happened and to redirect LE to the "real" murderer? Instead of looking for truth to exonerate him, he and his counsel are looking to "challenge the plaintiffs".

Not going to argue with that... but don't (some) newer cars have `black boxes' akin to airplanes that you can get data from?

Oh you have me intrigued about this! Cause I love techie stuff. Most GPSRs that consumers have are receivers--meaning they are passive receivers of information from satellites and use internal dbs and internal maps to plot a course. These GPSRs are not transmitting information back to recording devices. However, I know LE can (and does) install GPS *tracking* devices from time-to-time and there are GPS products that will allow consumers (and businesses) to track a vehicle's whereabouts (like for fleet management, vehicle tracking, teenager tracking, etc). I don't know if the newer cars come equipped with these transmission/tracking type GPS devices or whether they are just the typical GPS receivers.

I have a portable GPS receiver and the model I have does not transmit the route I followed or save tracking info though it WILL allow me to save a predefined route from point A to point B so I can reuse it.

I didn't even know there are such things as $200 pedis outside of Beverly Hills. The most I've ever paid for a pedi was $30 + tip. QUOTE]

Why would a runner want a $200 pedicure? The action of the socks and the running shoes would ruin it immediately. And I haven't heard of a $200 price around here, either. Although if part of a complete spa package, it might make sense. But it just doesn't sound right to me.

Sorry if this has already been covered - I'm behind on my reading - did anyone else fine this line odd?

"The latest filings come a day after Brad Cooper's attorneys filed several motions, including one asking for his wife's autopsy results so that he could "challenge the plaintiffs' unfounded insinuation" that he killed his wife."

Even though they were planning to divorce, would he not be interested in the autopsy results out of concern for what "really" happened and to redirect LE to the "real" murderer? Instead of looking for truth to exonerate him, he and his counsel are looking to "challenge the plaintiffs".

The "unfounded insinuation" part is the part that gets me. Its more about the defendent than the children. He should challenge for his children if he wants them but I seriously doubt an autopsy report is going to alleviate an unfounded insinuation unless the result is natural causes, which of course is not the case since LE is investigating a homicide.

ETA - to me this was a fishing expedition. The autopsy report would contain a listing of samples and procedures. For example it would indicate if the fingernails were collected and submitted to LE for testing. It would also identify what clothing was on or near the body. IMO this indicates to me that the lawyer wanted to get out there that Nancy was found in running attire per Brad's description. I have little doubt it is most likely what she was found in actually.

Wonder how old Brad's dad saw a $200 pedicure payment when Brad was only doling out $50 - $80 at a time to Nancy? If she wanted to buy a bathing suit, she had to describe it to Brad, type of material and all, then he would take her down and buy it.

If he was that controlling with just a darn bathing suit, I don't THINK he'd pay $200 for a pedicure. BS I say!

Heck, he didn't even buy her a Xmas present last year. Yet he wants us to believe that he made her take back an expensive gift she bought for him?:confused:

When he returned from overseas, rather than getting Nancy money from the ATM, he gave her his foreign currency and she had to go to the airport with the kids to exchange it.

He claims he left her $350 and he has the cancelled check to prove it. Yeah, IF there is such a check, I'd like to know what she paid with it. Telephone bill? Electricity?

I think Mr. Brad is feeding us a line of balogna. I'm not buyin' it. :rolleyes:

I'll wait until the evidence comes out. That is IF there is a trial. Doesn't mean I don't think he didn't do it, cuz I do. imo I just don't know if they'll be able to come up with enough evidence.

He may be as transparant as glass and as stoopid of a criminal there ever was. But that's why they have such a thing as 'dumb luck.':mad:

Just ramblin'
IMO
fran

I didn't even know there are such things as $200 pedis outside of Beverly Hills. The most I've ever paid for a pedi was $30 + tip. QUOTE]

Why would a runner want a $200 pedicure? The action of the socks and the running shoes would ruin it immediately. And I haven't heard of a $200 price around here, either. Although if part of a complete spa package, it might make sense. But it just doesn't sound right to me.

Me neither!!!! His father's affidavit said he had personally seen receipts for a $200 pedicure and a $200 pair of jeans for Nancy - IIRC. I just don't see her as that kind of girl!?!?!? IMO - all of his "supporters" affidavits were specifically designed to counter those of Nancy's friends. If I were asked to do a sworn affidavit, I would definitely not be dishonest! ALL of the people who have done them - less than 3 weeks ago - were just regular folks living their lives. Now they're in the middle of a murder investigation! Wow - I feel for all of them - whatever side they're on!

The "unfounded insinuation" part is the part that gets me. Its more about the defendent than the children. He should challenge for his children if he wants them but I seriously doubt an autopsy report is going to alleviate an unfounded insinuation unless the result is natural causes, which of course is not the case since LE is investigating a homicide.

ETA - to me this was a fishing expedition. The autopsy report would contain a listing of samples and procedures. For example it would indicate if the fingernails were collected and submitted to LE for testing. It would also identify what clothing was on or near the body. IMO this indicates to me that the lawyer wanted to get out there that Nancy was found in running attire per Brad's description. I have little doubt it is most likely what she was found in actually.

I'm thinking the complete autopsy report will not be available by tomorrow. I don't think the custody issue will be resolved tomorrow - unless LE has enough to make an arrest. I DO believe the damning evidence will have been found under her fingernails...

If he didn't kill his wife, then he gets the kids. All this other stuff is just nonsense about nothing. He's the father, the grandparents have no rights under North Carolina law and even though most of the charges in her friend's affidavits can be explained or understood with an open mind and logical thought; The bottom line is that if he didn't kill his wife, then he gets the kids.

When he returned from overseas, rather than getting Nancy money from the ATM, he gave her his foreign currency and she had to go to the airport with the kids to exchange it.

They could've went to the BofA on the corner to exchange the currency AND according the affidavit, it was to pay for a movie that Nancy and the kids were going to see, while Brad stayed home.

One of the first rules in any travel guide is to exchange minimal money in the airport because you'll generally not get the best rate and pay a higher fee. I don't know the situation at RDU, but pretty much all large banks would make an exchange and if you're (or your companion) is a customer, it's generally free.

He claims he left her $350 and he has the cancelled check to prove it. Yeah, IF there is such a check, I'd like to know what she paid with it. Telephone bill? Electricity?

I'm still catching up and haven't read today's affidavits, but Brad's says that he paid the bills and her friends say that she wouldn't/couldn't even pay for the water.
---

And, if I might revisit the gas thing: As I posted earlier, the "follow to the store", "buy the minimal amount of gas" was most likely a single instance and perhaps they had gone before the store opened, so they'd have to use a card at the pump; Perhaps Brad was squeezing dimes and he put in only enough to get through to the next paycheck. No one really knows.

His affidavit says that he gave Nancy 80% of the leftover money as a household budget and kept 20% for himself. If this is true and if Nancy had already spent the household budget, then Brad probably didn't have much left. I mean, she was supposedly given cash and one of her friend's affidavits says that she found it burdensome to go into gas stations to pay with cash, so she obviously was buying some (or most) of her own gas and was clearly capable to do it.

What kind of "control" would only half-filling a tank give, anyway? If she was going to run away with the kids, she'd only get half as far, but even a full tank wouldn't get you to Canada and if she left the day after getting the household money, why couldn't she just keep filling the tank until they got to their destination? Even at today's prices, $300 will still go quite a ways.

IOW: Like some of the other claims in the friend's affidavits, I see one story about one incident being repeated and magnified, while in this instance and forgetting about the logical question of why wouldn't she just buy more gas, one of the affidavits actually contadicts the others by complaining about paying cash.

Of course, none of this says that she deserved to be murdered, but there's just a lot of repetition and huhs in some of those early affidavits. None of the secondhand claims have anything to do with the actual murder and I see nothing that would take away his kids, so why did they even submit the things? Personally, I don't really see their purpose.

I know I am really behind but while the affidavits are fresh in my mind I wanted to comment.

It appears Nancys friends have labeled Brad controlling. It doesnt fit to me, references to her going on beach trips, her training for a marathon, going and having coffee before jogs, she was at various friends houses alot. Seems like she was out and about quite a bit. If he was controlling he would of tried isolating her in my opinion.

The story about the house being infested with bugs and one room full of worms in 5 days from food left over? Not sure thats really possible but I could be wrong.

He had given up training for the triathalon in Jan, can be verified as he isnt registered for the upcoming event that he would of needed to train for. Yet Nancy was training for one?

IMO she could of very well had a spending problem, she had a 1200 dollar purse, if Brad was that evil and not letting her buy food can't imagine him buying her a 1200 dollar purse. So maybe before credit cards were taken away she spent spent spent and he had to take control? If he was paying all the bills and she had 300 a week for groceries and miscellaneous I would think that would be enough, yet it wasnt so where was the 300 a week going?

Most of the items listed in Brad's response can be verified. Marriage counselor records, cell phone records, credit card receipts, affidavits from the girls doctors prior to Nancys murder showing that he had met the drs etc, copy of the separation agreement and what Nancy's wishes were, evidence from the attorney that both Nancy and Brad had indiscretions, the video from Harris Teeter showing what he did purchase and times he purchased. The information in Nancys friends statements can not really be verified so I do not know how much weight they will carry in all this.

I do not know if BC committed this crime, but I am going to keep an open mind until more information is provided that isnt from a friend of Nancys.

Magister, The reason why she could not pay the water bill is because he had taken her name off all the utility accounts and also off of all their previously shared bank accounts. Therefore, not only did she not have access to money to pay the bill, but she had no authorization on the water bill account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97