Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I read that tomorrow is Grand Jury day. What are the chances the DA will present the case? Any signs or indications to look for? There has been so little information released at this point, and you know they know a lot more. Does anyone know what time the Grand Jury meets and what the typical protocol might be?

In NC, the GJ indictment is just based on what the cop presents as probable cause. In Wake county, the presentation averages <5 minutes.

I would be shocked if they are ready yet....unless they have DNA back from a private lab that shows his DNA under her fingernails (for example)

I would guess we are looking at a month or 2 before an arrest. This DA wants his ducks lined up before he pulls the trigger, especially in a very high profile case.

Hi all. I've been lurking for a while and just got approved to post. I posted the results of a 5k race that Nancy ran in June over on the "Nancy, the runner" thread". She was with Carey Clark in that race.

Why haven't we heard anything from Carey? Did she have plans to run with Nancy that morning? If so, how was that arranged and when was the last communication about it? I would think they would have confirmed that morning unless it was a regular thing. Carey's condo is about 2 miles away by road, perhaps shorter by trail but it would take at most 20 min to jog over there, so the time window would be very narrow.

I don't recall where I read it previously, but I read that Carrie is a real person, but she had no plans to run on Saturday, with or without NC, or at least that was the way it read.

CyberPro

Which direction was her condo, towards or away from the location her body was found?

Away. The condo is off of Kildaire Farm Rd. Not sure that matters though as it appears pretty clear she was not killed at the site where her body was found.

I don't recall where I ead it previously, but I read that Carrie is a real person, but she had no plans to run on Saturday, with or without NC, or at least that was the way it read.

CyberPro

I don't remember them talking to her. I remember Jessica Adam stating that she wasn't aware of a run and that normally Carey, Nancy, and Jessica informed each other of their training runs.

Away. The condo is off of Kildaire Farm Rd. Not sure that matters though as it appears pretty clear she was not killed at the site where her body was found.

How does it appear pretty clear? Cause of death has not been released and we don't know what was seized from the house.

In NC, the GJ indictment is just based on what the cop presents as probable cause. In Wake county, the presentation averages <5 minutes.

I would be shocked if they are ready yet....unless they have DNA back from a private lab that shows his DNA under her fingernails (for example)

I would guess we are looking at a month or 2 before an arrest. This DA wants his ducks lined up before he pulls the trigger, especially in a very high profile case.
I agree about the DA and unless they've got a lot of evidence that's being kept under wraps for now, it doesn't seem there will be an arrest anytime soon. MOO :)

I would guess we are looking at a month or 2 before an arrest.

agreed! long way to go still.

How does it appear pretty clear? Cause of death has not been released and we don't know what was seized from the house.

Lets just say 'best odds are' she was killed elsewhere and transported there.

The investigation is being conducted by the Cary PD. If they thought she was killed at the site she was found, it would be the jurisdiction of the Wake Co. Sheriff.

The investigation is being conducted by the Cary PD. If they thought she was killed at the site she was found, it would be the jurisdiction of the Wake Co. Sheriff.

I just remember from the news conference when the body was found is that if it was Nancy Cooper that it would be handled by CPD and if it was not it would be handled by the sheriff's dept. This was before they even determined it was a homicide (nothing from the ME at this point).

With a mountain of damning CE, we have waited almost 21 months for jason Young to be cuffed by the same DA :mad:

I know. But there's no use in trying to bring a case in if you don't think you have enough evidence to convict, since you only get ONE shot. Unfortunately (and fortunately) at that point it becomes not about what happened, but about what you can prove or clearly infer in court to convince others.

There would be no point in WCSO starting a new investigation when the case was clearly being handled by Cary police. Since she disappeared from Cary, it made sense to let them continue the investigation.....these departments work together all the time.

Shoelaces: I'm sure her friends could tell you whether the loops laid horizontal or vertical. She could tie either way depending on who taught her and where they sat when they were teaching her to tie.

Hi, not to throw a wrench into the possible evidence in the running shoes laces, but as a runner, I haven't used regular laces for years. Many runners are using different options, like http://www.locklaces.com.

Agreed - key word jurisdiction.

Agreed - key word jurisdiction.

If that's the case, there is evidence she was killed somewhere in Cary because the Cary police took over the day the body was identified as Nancy.

I don't think they have such hard evidence (blood or her clothing found in cary, ect)....but who knows ?

It took a long time for Ann Miller to be brought in,too. Eventually she was (thank goodness!).

The only reason she was imo is because her friend Willard commit suicide and his lawyer (Gammon) was ordered to state what Willard had divulged about Ann's involvement in the murder.

Hi, not to throw a wrench into the possible evidence in the running shoes laces, but as a runner, I haven't used regular laces for years. Many runners are using different options, like http://www.locklaces.com.

Wow. Very interesting Zeke. Thanks for this. I'm continuing to learn so much from this forum. Also - welcome!

If that's the case, there is evidence she was killed somewhere in Cary because the Cary police took over the day the body was identified as Nancy.

I don't think they have such hard evidence (blood or her clothing found in cary, ect)....but who knows ?

Perhaps there was none of this at the location of her body either, which would rule out she was murdered there. No signs of a struggle at the scene is also possible. Dependent on COD and considering the swiftness of declaring it a homicide, the manner of death must have been rather obvious I would think. LE could have also seen something in the home when Brad invited them in previous days that raised an alert, possibly resulting in the soon to come search warrant, now sealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974